Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rule book question

Go down 
+7
x Ricky87 x
Juice Malone
ch46647
PaulZweber
Tengo Juego
TheTrueJ0KER
NPYYZ
11 posters
AuthorMessage
NPYYZ

NPYYZ

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 10:11 am

I just took another look at the rules and I've got a question: Rule #10.
10. ALL plays are allowed. We are not going to limit and play in the playbook (QB sneaks ARE allowed)

Just curious if we are not going to limit the playbooks then why do we have rule #13.?

13. No Goaline offense at any time except inside the 10 yard line, or 3rd and 2 or shorter.

I'm not trying to be a hardass here , but if you're going to allow the QB sneak, which can't be stopped, then why not allow us to use the goal line formation when ever we want? I've got some great pass plays out of that formation.

Last edited by NPYYZ on Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 10:17 am

I also understand why we cant use goal line whenever we want there is a defensive goal line playbook also... Plus I dont know why we allow the QB sneak but thats just my opinion, I dont mind QB scramble or QB draws or QB rushes I just hate the sneak it's alwas good for 2 yards.
Back to top Go down
Tengo Juego

Tengo Juego

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 10:49 am

The only way to stop the abused FB dive is to run goal line.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:23 am

I disagree, my FB dive is effective, but it does get stopped on occasion.

And I don't think the dive has been abused by anyone I have played, and I sure as hell know that the way I use him isn't abusing it.
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:14 pm

To answer your question, we didnt want to eliminate plays from the playbook. A QB sneak and FB dive CAN both be stopped. Its not easy but is not easy in real life either. As far as goal line formation goes we just didnt want people running goal line up and down the field because to my knowledge teams in the NFL do not do that. Using it on 3rd and 2 or less or in goal line situations seems fair to me.

This is open for discussion though!
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:19 pm

I did a FB Dive last night against Juice, he was in Dime pass coverage, and I was stopped on 3rd and inches I think it was. Unbelievable, but somehow it was stopped.
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:13 pm

Tengo Juego wrote:
The only way to stop the abused FB dive is to run goal line.

not true.

telling your dline to rush left or right has proven to be effective for me. PaulZweber runs about 10 fullback dives a game with a huge guy that has over 80 speed, but is far from unstoppable.

It would be unstoppable if you put a hb at fb though which is why that is not allowed in rules.

Last edited by Juice Malone on Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:15 pm

ch46647 wrote:
To answer your question, we didnt want to eliminate plays from the playbook. A QB sneak and FB dive CAN both be stopped. Its not easy but is not easy in real life either. As far as goal line formation goes we just didnt want people running goal line up and down the field because to my knowledge teams in the NFL do not do that. Using it on 3rd and 2 or less or in goal line situations seems fair to me.

This is open for discussion though!

QB sneak is nearly unstoppable i think. I have stopped it once on 4th and 2 (guy only got 1 yard) and a few other times only because the qb fumbled (he was way past 1st down marker). I have probably seen it run 100 times at lest. the success rate is to high.

If you like we can play a quick game and i can run qb sneak the entire game. Ill probably put up more than a few drives that results in points. It would be even deadlier if i used a fast QB
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 2:12 pm

ch46647 wrote:
To answer your question, we didnt want to eliminate plays from the playbook. A QB sneak and FB dive CAN both be stopped. Its not easy but is not easy in real life either.
Exactly!. It's not like QB Sneak and FB Dive aren't plays that regularly pick up a yard in the real NFL. It's just you run less risk hurting your QB in Madden as opposed to the real NFL. As far as subbing your backup RB at FB, yes it's against the rules, but if you rotate your package to "Dual HB" than it should be fair. I don't do that, because my FB is more than sufficient, but if anything its a little easier to stop, because if you see a RB playing FB you should know whats coming, and if you don't have defensive audibles to stop it than you are kind of to blame.
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:48 pm

I stay away from FB dives and QB sneaks, because from my experience, I can't stop them, and when I run them they can't be stopped.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:29 pm

Then next game I'll run QB sneak the entire game and gain 2/3 yards a pop since it can be stopped. We'll see how many yards Romo has in 20 attempts
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 6:45 pm

TheTrueJ0KER wrote:
Then next game I'll run QB sneak the entire game and gain 2/3 yards a pop since it can be stopped. We'll see how many yards Romo has in 20 attempts

He would end up with 4 yds a carry easy since he has good speed.
Back to top Go down
NPYYZ

NPYYZ

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 7:19 pm

TheTrueJ0KER wrote:

Becarefull , if he gets tired he will fumble. The only time I've stooped the QB sneak was when the QB fumbled after getting the 1st down and I recovered the ball.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:04 pm

yeah but how could we justify calling this a sim league if we start taking plays out, QB sneak gets easy first downs but it's like that in the NFL>
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 12:58 am

it's not like that in the nfl when it's 3rd and 2 or 3rd in 1. I have no problem with 3rd and inches but when do NFL teams go for the sneak when it's not inches??? rarley ever
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 12:59 am

Certain plays in the 46 formation stop the FB Dive and QB Sneak both if executed and you guess the gap the QB is going towards. Without that knowledge most people can't stop it. On a side note: How come we can use LT/DT/RE/DE/DT as a 3rd TE but, we can't use a HB as a FB ? Especially if we only have 1 FB on the team ?
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:56 am

AftershockFx wrote:
Certain plays in the 46 formation stop the FB Dive and QB Sneak both if executed and you guess the gap the QB is going towards. Without that knowledge most people can't stop it. On a side note: How come we can use LT/DT/RE/DE/DT as a 3rd TE but, we can't use a HB as a FB ? Especially if we only have 1 FB on the team ?
Run Carrie Davis into Ray Lewis as hard as you can and maybe it will be a magical depth chart for your FB/RB problem.
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:07 pm

xKillmatic wrote:
AftershockFx wrote:
Run Carrie Davis into Ray Lewis as hard as you can and maybe it will be a magical depth chart for your FB/RB problem.

Ray Lewis is a chump. I could run all over him with Carey Davis lol! On a side note I just think its ridiculous that we can't use two back sets yet we can use a Tackle as a Tight End ? Can someone explain how that's sim ?
Back to top Go down
BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:17 pm

Yeah, I want to play with Earnest Graham and Cadilac Williams in the backfield with Warrick Dunn in the slot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rule book question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule book question   Rule book question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rule book question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays :: League Rules-
Jump to: