Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Offensive Playbooks

Go down 
+3
x Ricky87 x
PaulZweber
NPYYZ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NPYYZ

NPYYZ

Offensive Playbooks Empty
PostSubject: Offensive Playbooks   Offensive Playbooks Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 10:37 am

Hey guys, I'm curious if you use your teams offensive playbook or if you pick another teams playbook? I've always used the Chiefs but I feel it is a bit limited. Although I use different formations I seem to always end up running plays that are very similar, and I want to get away from this because my opponents can usually figure my game plan out by the second half.

I'm going to do some experimenting with other offensive playbooks before next Tuesday to see if I can open my game up a bit more. Right now I feel I’m too pass heavy. My Career Stats are:

Pass - 66.1% Run 33.9% I want a playbook with some better running plays. In APF 2k8 my stats are 52% pass 48% run , I like a balanced offense like that.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: Offensive Playbooks   Offensive Playbooks Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 10:41 am

I have only used the Colts Playbook, and I am with you, I need a change. I am having too much trouble putting points on the board, and I have WAY too many giveaways. I am so frustrated with Manning, and that shouldn't be happening. I was thinking about practicing with the run and gun, I am not sure what other playbooks there are. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: Offensive Playbooks   Offensive Playbooks Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 2:25 pm

PaulZweber wrote:
I have only used the Colts Playbook, and I am with you, I need a change. I am having too much trouble putting points on the board, and I have WAY too many giveaways. I am so frustrated with Manning, and that shouldn't be happening. I was thinking about practicing with the run and gun, I am not sure what other playbooks there are. Any suggestions?
I would try and practice the Gun or Shotgun formations with Manning. I've had great success with the lions just by doing different Shotgun plays and Hot-Routing as I see fit. Also, you should switch your package under Shotgun and put Anthony Gonzalez as your starter, and Reggie Wayne at slot. Then you should work with different routes for Wayne at slot, and try doing curl routes with Gonzalez, because if you can practice getting him the ball on the outside he should pay dividends with great YAC. He's similar to Shaun McDonald, so I'm sure it would work. If you have trouble doing this with the Colts playbook, than try and switch to Detroits, because if you played with a similar style as what I do with the Lions you could flat out kill people. Not to be arrogant at all, but I have 507 yards, 7 TD's, and 0 picks with Kitna in my first two regular season games, and it seems like the way to go if your looking to adjust. I would love to practice with you, and I won't tell you what to do, I just think it could honestly help you out alot. Especially when you have that O-line and those recievers!.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: Offensive Playbooks   Offensive Playbooks Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:18 pm

That is what I am thinking, I should be producing a lot more points. I know I am a good player, I just need to find ways to eliminate turnovers and put points on the board.
Back to top Go down
Radi0ActivWaste

Radi0ActivWaste

PostSubject: Re: Offensive Playbooks   Offensive Playbooks Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:26 pm

i use Tampa's Playbook and the multiple D defense playbook and it works fine for me
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: Offensive Playbooks   Offensive Playbooks Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:50 pm

PaulZweber wrote:
That is what I am thinking, I should be producing a lot more points. I know I am a good player, I just need to find ways to eliminate turnovers and put points on the board.
I threw 4 picks in my first regular season game one for a TD, had a rushing TD called back from "holding" to end the half, and still only lost to the chargers by one TD.
So I knew in week 2 against the bears I would play like the real bears should, good defense (held him to 0pts, less than 100ovr yds), run well (200+yds 3 TD's), and make no mistakes with my QB (100yds, 0 TD's, 0 int's).
I was trying too hard in week 1 to start off BIG and settle down as the game called, but it's really a "grass roots" effort, establish a decent rushing game, sell PA, and get small but effective 1st downs with short routes, then I can open the defense up from the inside out instead of trying to smash it in one blow.
Not really a helpful playbook suggestion, but it's an effective gameplan, shoot I've said too much, plug you ears MIN I'll see you next week.
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Offensive Playbooks   Offensive Playbooks Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:10 pm

NPYYZ please check you PM's I have sent you one. Thanks
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: Offensive Playbooks   Offensive Playbooks Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:24 pm

Not saying which playbook I use, but I'm not using Cincinnati's. It doesn't have enough variety of plays to get my wide receivers the ball, also the playbook I'm using has quite a few solid running plays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offensive Playbooks   Offensive Playbooks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Offensive Playbooks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays :: General Discussion :: The NFL Season-
Jump to: