Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I hate to do this

Go down 
+4
NPYYZ
TheTrueJ0KER
x Ricky87 x
Radi0ActivWaste
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Radi0ActivWaste

Radi0ActivWaste

I hate to do this Empty
PostSubject: I hate to do this   I hate to do this Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:25 pm

guys i really am sorry of what i am about to say but i have to quit the league its not because of anybody on here because you are all amazing people and great sim players. but there are many reasons why i need to quit. 1 is that i am moving and i wont have the internet for an extended period of time and also i am having family issues that i really dont want to talk about. so once again i am really really sorry and hate to be doing this but i just wont have the time anymore. thankyou everyone for being a good friend but i have to quit. so if you dont mind removing me of the league through the xbox that would be good so im not a distraction.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

I hate to do this Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate to do this   I hate to do this Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:58 pm

Hey, I'm sorry if what I put about our game offended you, I just was upset at how you played me that's all. If your quitting at all because of what I said, than I genuinely apoligize. You are a very cool person, and I definitely and sincerely consider you to be one of the best people I've met online. I really hope everything is okay with you and your family. I've been through enough family problems to last a lifetime, so I can empathize completely. I'm going to reserve a permanent spot for you on my friends list, and I'll always be "Ricky87", so if your ever online again, feel free to hit me up. Really Radi0, your a great person and I stand by that I would much rather have lost than have a problem between us. Sim or not, your a great player and I really appreciated, and my brother appreciated, how nice you were about my brothers drawings. It's not common at all for people to be as courteous as you are, and I want to say thank you for that. If you have an email, and would like to see more of our art, I would be glad to email you copies, and if it is at all possible for you to stay on board I would really want you to. Good luck with everything and god bless!.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

I hate to do this Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate to do this   I hate to do this Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:29 pm

so now what do we do? that takes away 2 more teams, maybe we should merge leagues and try something there.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

I hate to do this Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate to do this   I hate to do this Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:16 am

TheTrueJ0KER wrote:
so now what do we do? that takes away 2 more teams, maybe we should merge leagues and try something there.
That could work, but unfortunately roccityroller and arvin1 are the only two people who aren't in both leagues already. If we have to takeover for teams, I'll take the Bills seeing as how I'm in the NFC and their in the AFC. I do think this is a pain, though, because we're only in week 5, and we've already had 25% of the league drop out. I'll stick it through to the end, and I'll pick up any team without an owner, but eventually it's going to get difficult, because we'll eventually start having people who play themselves. Ugh!.
Back to top Go down
NPYYZ

NPYYZ

I hate to do this Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate to do this   I hate to do this Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:44 am

It really blows when people quit. Now we have two leagues going and in both we will have to play games out of the league because of new owners. It really kind of defeats the purpose of the league to begin with.

I'm thinking it is seriously time to re-tool, take a hard look at all the owners , pick the ones we know are going to get through an entire season, and start a new league. This league is really hurting because so many game now have to be played without trades. whats the point if our trades are no good.

It's not as bad in the Joker league because only one guy has dropped, still sucks though.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

I hate to do this Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate to do this   I hate to do this Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:36 am

NPYYZ wrote:
It really blows when people quit. Now we have two leagues going and in both we will have to play games out of the league because of new owners. It really kind of defeats the purpose of the league to begin with.

I'm thinking it is seriously time to re-tool, take a hard look at all the owners , pick the ones we know are going to get through an entire season, and start a new league. This league is really hurting because so many game now have to be played without trades. whats the point if our trades are no good.

It's not as bad in the Joker league because only one guy has dropped, still sucks though.
In a way the Joker League will take the biggest hit, because their is no way to replicate a fantasy team outside of the league. Even if we find someone to replace Radi0, we still won't be able to use 99% of our players. My suggestion is that we just make the Joker League an 11 game season and people who have already played Radi0 can miss a game with another person instead. I know it will be a litte different, but at least we won't have to redo the fantasy league. In the end, though, it's up to Aftershock and Joker!.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

I hate to do this Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate to do this   I hate to do this Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:42 am

Fuck this game not being able to replace owners.
Back to top Go down
NPYYZ

NPYYZ

I hate to do this Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate to do this   I hate to do this Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 3:01 pm

x Ricky87 x wrote:
NPYYZ wrote:

In a way the Joker League will take the biggest hit, because their is no way to replicate a fantasy team outside of the league. Even if we find someone to replace Radi0, we still won't be able to use 99% of our players. My suggestion is that we just make the Joker League an 11 game season and people who have already played Radi0 can miss a game with another person instead. I know it will be a litte different, but at least we won't have to redo the fantasy league. In the end, though, it's up to Aftershock and Joker!.

Crap I didn't think of that.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

I hate to do this Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate to do this   I hate to do this Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 4:00 pm

Yeah I was gonna say Joker League took the biggest hit, however I thought I heard Aftershock saying yesterday that there is an options that you can turn on to replace owners in the league, I'll talk to him later tonight about that to see if it IS a possibility.

I also think retooling this league would be a great idea, just add Arvin1 and Roccity to this league and start all over from a clean slate.
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

I hate to do this Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate to do this   I hate to do this Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:58 pm

Not sure what to think on this one.

But, even with all the quitting and dropping going on here, I think this has probably been the most successful Madden 09 league out there, no doubt. Every league will run into problems like these, especially 32 team leagues. This would have been awesome if we would have successfully made it through the season and playoffs, but unfortunately some people go into a league just because they're bored, and they never expect to stick around (not talking about you Radi0active, I'm talking about the people who we had to drop early on and in the preseason).
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

I hate to do this Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate to do this   I hate to do this Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 12:48 pm

Sorry guys I have been away and am in the airport as we speak. I am going to have to think about some things. I really like the guys we have in this league, and I want it to continue as I think most of you want it to as well. When I get back I will figure some things out. Prob post something later tonight.
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

I hate to do this Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate to do this   I hate to do this Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:53 pm

TheTrueJ0KER wrote:
Yeah I was gonna say Joker League took the biggest hit, however I thought I heard Aftershock saying yesterday that there is an options that you can turn on to replace owners in the league, I'll talk to him later tonight about that to see if it IS a possibility.

I also think retooling this league would be a great idea, just add Arvin1 and Roccity to this league and start all over from a clean slate.

I'll have to try and toy around with the option to see what I can make of it. That being said we need to retool this league and add Arvin and roccity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I hate to do this Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate to do this   I hate to do this Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I hate to do this
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays :: General Discussion :: The NFL Season-
Jump to: