Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scray isnt it

Go down 
+2
PaulZweber
TheTrueJ0KER
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

Scray isnt it Empty
PostSubject: Scray isnt it   Scray isnt it Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:28 pm

I traded for Roy Williams and now the Cowboys traded for Roy Williams in real life, haha
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

Scray isnt it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scray isnt it   Scray isnt it Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:30 pm

seriously?
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

Scray isnt it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scray isnt it   Scray isnt it Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:39 pm

Yep we traded him for multiple picks looks like a 2nd rounder and 2 3rd rounders.....

Also Pacman Jones was suspended 4 games today as well
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

Scray isnt it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scray isnt it   Scray isnt it Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:23 pm

Cowboys acquire WR Roy Williams from Lions before trade deadline

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- The Dallas Cowboys have acquired wide receiver Roy Williams from the Detroit Lions.

The Cowboys on Tuesday traded a first-round pick in 2009, plus a third- and sixth-rounder that year for Williams and a seventh-round pick in '09.

Williams' best season was 2006, when he went to the Pro Bowl after catching 82 passes for 1,310 yards and seven touchdowns. He has 17 catches for 232 yards and a score this season for the winless Lions.

The fifth-year receiver was drafted in the first round by Detroit out of the University of Texas. He has 262 career catches for 3,884 yards with 29 touchdowns.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

Scray isnt it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scray isnt it   Scray isnt it Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:28 pm

Weird, I just turned it to NFL network and saw the news. Looks like a 1st, 3rd, and 6th rd picks. And they still have Barber, so you won't have to get rid of him in a future league if you want Williams. Hopefully Brad Johnson can keep them in the playoff picture, because that's a huge addition to get them deeper this year.
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

Scray isnt it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scray isnt it   Scray isnt it Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:29 pm

He will be better than T.O.

Haha I loved a comment from a Lions fan on ESPN.com

(paraphrased) "Three draft picks for Roy Williams? Finally the Lions did something right. I just hope we don't go out and draft three wide receivers."

lol!
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

Scray isnt it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scray isnt it   Scray isnt it Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:41 pm

As a Lions fan that lives in Detroit we are thrilled about this deal. We just need a FUCKING GM to make it a good trade.
Back to top Go down
NPYYZ

NPYYZ

Scray isnt it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scray isnt it   Scray isnt it Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:17 pm

TheTrueJ0KER wrote:
Yep we traded him for multiple picks looks like a 2nd rounder and 2 3rd rounders.....

Also Pacman Jones was suspended 4 games today as well

Cowboys Gave up a 1st, 3rd and 6th round pick for williams. Adam Jones has been suspended indefinitely. I'm betting he will never play another down in the NFL, he's a bum, the Cowboys should dump him.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

Scray isnt it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scray isnt it   Scray isnt it Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:58 pm

The only thing that makes it a good trade for the Lions is that they don't have a QB to make both Roy and Calvin have successful careers anyway. Otherwise they would have made yet another dumb move, and you are absolutely right about saying "if the lions don't fuck it up" with those picks. Luckily for them, though they've all but locked up the 1st overall pick. I do think Roy Williams is a very talented player and he will blow up in Dallas if they figure out how to put him into their offense. It's a shame he'll start by getting passes from Brad Johnson, though. I've actually heard a few people on ESPN and NFL Network say Brad Johnson will help their team, which is totally bogus. Brad Johnson is going to play badly if they rely on him too much, and the only way they'll survive without Romo is if they start running the ball better. I'm not sure if anyone else watched 1st & 10 on ESPN today, but Osi Umenyiora was on the program and he hit it right on target. He said Brad Johnson is just like Drew Bledsoe, which I literally said to my brother yesterday. I just think people are prisoners of the moment, and are too focused on the Cowboys loss to the Cardinals. Yes, it was a bad loss, but Tony Romo broke his pinkie before overtime, and I strongly think they would have won if he wasn't hurt. I'm still not convinced Dallas will make it to the Super Bowl, but they definitely just got a whole lot better. As for Adam Jones, who cares about the suspension. He'll be back in 4 games anyway, and he'll keep getting more chances. I just think if Mike Jenkins steps up in his absence, the Cowboys will think long and hard about playing him even when his suspension is up.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

Scray isnt it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scray isnt it   Scray isnt it Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:20 pm

Romo is a pussy for not playing with a broken pinkie, I have played hockey in highschool with a broken index finger on my shooting hand. Also Brad Johnson will help R. Williams right away since he wont be able to throw down the field to T.O. he'll only be able to pass 10 yards which if the Cowboys were smart they would only have R. Williams run medium to short routes in the middle of the field and outs.
Back to top Go down
NPYYZ

NPYYZ

Scray isnt it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scray isnt it   Scray isnt it Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 7:33 am

Adams Jones suspension is not for just 4 games, it is indefinitely. He may never play again.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

Scray isnt it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scray isnt it   Scray isnt it Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:17 am

Jesus Christ! And the avatar of the year goes to NPYYZ!
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

Scray isnt it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scray isnt it   Scray isnt it Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:34 am

PaulZweber wrote:
Jesus Christ! And the avatar of the year goes to NPYYZ!
Ya, the reddish tones really set the color of the......HOLY CRAP, THAT WOMANS NOT WEARING A HELMET. Doesn't she know football is a dangerous sport?.
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

Scray isnt it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scray isnt it   Scray isnt it Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:36 pm

NPYYZ wrote:
Adams Jones suspension is not for just 4 games, it is indefinitely. He may never play again.
Indefinitely doesn't mean forever. It just means for 4 games, he can't participate in games, practices, etc. I think.

So he's suspended indefinitely for four games.

As for the Lions having the first pick locked up... The first pick is NEVER locked up by anyone with the Chiefs around.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

Scray isnt it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scray isnt it   Scray isnt it Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:39 pm

Indefinitly means until further notice. So he is suspended AT LEAST 4 weeks, but possibly much longer.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

Scray isnt it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scray isnt it   Scray isnt it Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:39 pm

Looks like the league just pulled an Amy Winehouse, and forced Adam Jones ass into rehab. This could definitely keep him out for the season, because it means it WAS an alchohol related incident. Roger Goodell had a stipulation to Jones, that if he had another alchohol related incident, he would be out for a long time. Maybe this is different, and Adam Jones is doing this as some sort of damage control, but from afar, it doesn't look good. It does look like Tony Romo's going to play on sunday versus the Rams, though, so thats a plus. I personally think if he's going to play he should wait until the sunday after this, because the Rams are an easy win anyway, but maybe he wants to test his pinkie against a "lame duck" defense. Either way, I think this good news for the Cowboys, because with Brad Johnson they would be forced to run alot, and with Felix Jones out that could be difficult. Also, I want to see how Roy Williams does with the star QB, because he could really show up this sunday now that Romo's going to play. By the way, I know the Chiefs blow, but they have 1 win already, and with the Lions having no Kitna, and no Roy Williams for the season, I don't even see them getting that much. I think we can both agree the Chiefs and Lions have locked up a top 3 pick either way, and their is going to be some great defensive players in next years draft which is exactly what Detroit needs!
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

Scray isnt it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scray isnt it   Scray isnt it Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 7:22 pm

TheTrueJ0KER wrote:
As a Lions fan that lives in Detroit we are thrilled about this deal. We just need a FUCKING GM to make it a good trade.
yeah a 1st, 3rd, and 6th is pretty nice. But for the lions it equals a 3rd and a couple of 7th's. They only did well with C.Johnson, but that was an easy pick at #2 overall. They seem to get clueless at making decisions based on intelligence, but with a new GM who knows?
As far as the trade goes, ignoring the fact that DET can't draft for crap, I think they got a great deal. Roy Williams is overrated, he has great talent but seems to be a bit of a slacker. Maybe it's like Moss in OAK, and I'll eat my words when he starts playing well. I just think he is replacable with smart drafting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scray isnt it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scray isnt it   Scray isnt it Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scray isnt it
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays :: General Discussion :: The NFL Season-
Jump to: