Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pre-Season Week 1

Go down 
+21
donfigures
XxVenomxX91
xKillmatic
llamalord
HarryRSpen19
AftershockFx
Fumanchoo30
MoL2k
Kolpro
NPYYZ
nirvanarush2112
TheTrueJ0KER
Juice Malone
Admin
PaulZweber
benmack6
Tengo Juego
Triple Xposed
x Ricky87 x
PaperLantern
ch46647
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ch46647

ch46647

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:13 am

We will be using the NFL Pre-Season weeks 2,3, and 4 as our three week Pre-Season. We WILL NOT be keeping Stats for the Pre-Season games.(If you would like to post Stats that is your choice but do so IN THIS thread) At the conclusion of each game we ask that the WINNING team post the score in this thread. The ADMIN or myself with then edit these score into this original post so everyone can see the them. POST ALL THINGS RELATED TO PRE-SEASON GAME 1 IN THIS THREAD, THIS INCLUDES SCHEDULING AS WELL AS GENERAL TALK ABOUT THE UPCOMING WEEK. *More at the bottom of the page*

Pre-Season Week 1: Tuesday Night August 19th

Pittsburgh Steelers (Aftershockfx) @ Buffalo Bills (RIPSEANTAYL0R21 (0 is a zero))_______(Bills 17 Steelers 13)

Carolina Panthers (xkillmatic) @ Philadelphia Eagles (Gottttt it (5 T's))_______ (Eagle 35 Panthers 14)

Oakland Raiders (HarryRSpen19) @ Tennessee Titans (Head Hawg)______(Raiders 24 Titans 13)

Washington Redskins (Juice Malone) @ New York Jets (SOGxMookie09x)_________(Redskins 14 Jets 7)

Indianapolis Colts (PaulZweber) @ Atlanta Falcons (Triple Xposed)_______(Falcons 24 Indianapolis 7)

Miami Dolphins (zbizzle2) @ Jacksonville Jaguars (ablueduck2)________(Dolphins 31 Jaguars 21)

Minnesota Vikings (FUGI0930) @ Baltimore Ravens (Chrislax19)________(Ravens 22 Vikings 17)

Houston Texans (MoL2k) @ New Orleans Saints (Macuss)________(Texans 14 Saints 13)

Arizona Cardinals (nirvanarush2112) @ Kansas City Chiefs (NPYYZ)_______(Chiefs 38 Cardinals 7)

San Diego Chargers (don figures) @ St Louis Rams (DGILL2324)________(Chargers 21 Rams 0)

Dallas Cowboys (TheTrueJ0KER(The 0 in Joker is a zero)) @ Denver Broncos (SOGxLlamaLordx)_____(Cowboys 48 Denver 45)

Chicago Bears (kolpro) @ Seattle Seahawks (benmack6)_______(Bears 59 Seahawks 5)

Green Bay Packers (Tengo Juego) @ San Francisco 49ers (LOOTENIT DAYAN)______(Packers 7 49ers 6)

Detroit Lions (Rick87) @ Cincinnati Bengals (PaperLantern)_______(Lions 31 Bengals 26)

New England Patriots (eaglesfan479) @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (auburntigersfan)_____(Patriots 24 Bucs 16)

Cleveland Browns (mikem515) @ New York Giants (XxVenomxX91)______(Giants 45 Browns 28.)

We feel that we have a great group of owners in this league. However, we will be using the Pre-Season to make sure this is in fact the case. Please take a minute to talk with the other owner, say hello and try to get acquainted because it is these same guys you will be in this league with for the next couple months. Also, please make sure you have read the rules carefully and follow them. Remember this is a SIM league with mature owners and we ask that you play the game and act in that manner. We will be removing owners we have problems with and replacing them with other guys from Operation Sports.

*MOST IMPORTANTLY *(and this applies to the rest of the Pre-Season as well as every game in the Regular Season) we ask the EVERYONE come into the thread of that particular week and post a little bit about your experience. Please say a little something about the owner you played and what you felt about the particular game you just played. (2 to 3 sentences is fine if you don’t want to post much) By doing this we will get a good feel for all the Users in this league, as well as getting everyone acclimated to posting on the site. If you have a particular problem with the person you played please PM the ADMIN or myself and we will handle it accordingly. Thanks and here's to a Great league and many more to come!

RULES:
7 Minute Quarters
Un-Ranked
All-Pro
Injuries On
Home team invite away user to the game

Last edited by ch46647 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:25 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 6:25 pm

We have deleted all the previous posts in this thread having to do with users setting up their games. We have done this to help get rid of alot of clutter. Now we would like ALL our owners to post a little about the game they play tonight in this topic. The winning owner needs to post the score in this thread, but we need EVERYONE to post a littlle about the game.

Here are the 3 things we would like you to post about:

1. How accessible was the other owner?
2. What you thought of the other owner?
3. A little about your game

This does not have to be a long post just a few sentences would be fine. Everyone enjoy playing your games tonight! This should be a great league and we are looking forward to getting this thing started. On a side note we will be opening the trade thread for general trade discussions on Thursday. Thanks!

The ADMIN and myself will be collecting the scores from all your posts and editing them into the original post above.

Last edited by ch46647 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 6:31 pm

I played against Ricky87 and his Detroit Lions (I won't post the score since that's his job because he beat me Razz )

He was overall somewhat sim. He kicked it when he was supposed to, didn't run around with the QB too much, but the only thing was that it seemed like he was using this one play over and over again. He had the WR do a hitch route and the HB do a screen to the flats, and he would usually throw it to one of those two. But other than that GREAT game!!
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 7:35 pm

Ricky87 defeats PaperLantern 31-26
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 7:52 pm

paperlantern played well, he made an excellent comeback to bring it to the last play in the red zone but time expired. He played fair and the game went well, with all do respect though my plays were fairly diverse. I used flat passes due to a poor running back and O-line, but for the lions that seems pretty sim. and I used hook routes with my receivers when I needed a 1st down, but the plays varied though the WR hooked. all in all a great game, but I wish paperlantern would have told me about my gameplay!!
Back to top Go down
Triple Xposed

Triple Xposed

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Indianapolis Colts (PaulZweber) @ Atlanta Falcons (Triple Xposed)   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:42 pm

Indianapolis Colts (PaulZweber) @ Atlanta Falcons (Triple Xposed)

PaulZweber played a 100% totally straight game. I gave him positive feedback afterwards.
Another note - if this is how people in this league are going to play, then this well be one hell of a sim league.

Final Score : Indianapolis 7 - Atlanta 24.
Back to top Go down
Tengo Juego

Tengo Juego

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:47 pm

How accessible was the other owner?
Very. No problems getting our game going.

What you thought of the other owner?
Great competitor who I admire for having the guts to play as a fairly poor team(49ers)

A little about your game

The game was a defensive struggle. A lot of injuries on his team. His first drive was VERY lengthy. 15 plays and consumed 6:00 mins of time. Good thing we switched to 7 min qtrs.

But it was a pretty dull game. The game turned on a fumble just past his 20 yard line and I feel it was kind of cheap. Kampman was lined up in the neutral zone(I jumped offside) but it wasn't called. And I score a rushing touchdown off the turnover and that ended up being the game winner.

Final score: 7-6
Back to top Go down
benmack6

benmack6

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:48 pm

Same about Triple. Great gamer. You should get a mike, I was bored talking to myself Very Happy

He seemed to do what he wanted most of the game, I on the other hand could only get two drives going. One was in the last minute and that got picked so it wasnt close. He played a great game with a bad team. Nicely done.

Triple Xposed wrote:

PaulZweber played a 100% totally straight game. I gave him positive feedback afterwards.
Another note - if this is how people in this league are going to play, then this well be one hell of a sim league.

Last edited by benmack6 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:50 pm

Tengo Jeugo beat me 7-6. Quite the shootout.

1. How accessible was the other owner? No problems.
2. What you thought of the other owner? We're both the quiet type. Good gamer though.

I had a lame fumble in my territory late in the 3rd (which led to his TD). There was a guy in the neutral zone when i snaped the ball so i'm all "whoo free play!". Nope. Instead Gore fumbles and leads to my losing. No flag or anything. Stupid no offsides call. But, things happen in the preseason. Razz

,Good game though. Tengo Juego is legit.

SUGGESTION: I feel All-Pro leads to very low scoring games. I think Pro is best suited for head to head. It opens up the run and pass a bit, but doesn't necessarily lead to shoot outs. I usually see the scores in the low-to-mid 20s with about 300 yards of offense at least.

I feel we should vote on that.

Also; 7 minutes seems perfect to me.

Last edited by Dan917 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
benmack6

benmack6

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:52 pm

benmack6 wrote:
Same about Triple. Great gamer. You should get a mike, I was bored talking to myself Very Happy

He seemed to do what he wanted most of the game, I on the other hand could only get two drives going. One was in the last minute and that got picked so it wasnt close. He played a great game with a bad team. Nicely done.

PS. I thought I was logged in on my name...PaulZweber. My bad.

Triple Xposed wrote:

Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:53 pm

Sorry Rolling Eyes

benmack6 wrote:
benmack6 wrote:

PS. I thought I was logged in on my name...PaulZweber. My bad.

Triple Xposed wrote:

Back to top Go down
Triple Xposed

Triple Xposed

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:59 pm

benmack6 wrote:

Triple Xposed wrote:

I got a mic bro, just hardly ever use it due to my 5 & 2 year old usually sceaming at the top of their lungs any time I fire up any game Wink

Anyone else who wants me on the mic, just send me a message before the game and I'll plug it in.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:03 pm

Raiders 24 Titans 13

No communication problems. No gameplay problems. Raiders owner is a good member.

A lot of turnovers in the game, and I suck.
Back to top Go down
https://touchdowntuesdays.forumotion.net
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:05 pm

Washington 14 Jets 7

Was great game, i hope mookie feels the same way. He went offline after the game, so i didnt hear what he had to say.

I didnt have my headset because its not working well, but ill be getting another tommorrow. All stores were closed today due to the hurricane.

Only problem was that he made the game ranked by mistake. I hope thats not a big deal.

It was a defensive struggle, first half was scorless. I absolutely murdered brett favre, i sacked him 5 times and hit him at least 10 times. He managed to break the deadlock, but turning point came when my linebacker picked off favre and ran it back for 6. Portis ran the ball extremely well, i believe his stats were yards rushing 6.5 yards per carry and 1 touchdwn. Tons of dropped passes by randle el and moss hough.

Despite the fact that Favre was getting drilled he stuck to his guns and stayed in the pocket most of the time. His roll outs were either part of a designed play or done because of the immense pressure i was putting on him.

Last edited by Juice Malone on Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:12 pm

Dallas 48 Denver 45

No defense what so ever, I had thrown for 606 Yards 5 TDs with Tony Romo spread out even to T.O (115 yards), Crayton (148 yards), Witten (110 yards), Austin (134 yards) and a few other WR's for big catches. I tried to run the ball I had 14 attempts for about 12 yards, haha. I could not stop his run his FB had 3 TD's and Pitman averaged 8.4 yards a carry on me for over 110 yards.

He was very easy to get intouch with, Very great sim player, dont see any problems we will have with him
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:17 pm

Ha, I totally understand. Good game, the first week is turning out good so far!

Triple Xposed wrote:

I got a mic bro, just hardly ever use it due to my 5 & 2 year old usually sceaming at the top of their lungs any time I fire up any game Wink

Anyone else who wants me on the mic, just send me a message before the game and I'll plug it in.
Back to top Go down

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:44 pm

Patriots 24
Bucs 16

1. How accessible was the other owner? - Very, just a couple of messages and the game was off and running.
2. What you thought of the other owner? - Good sim player. The kind of owner's we need in this league.
3. A little about your game - It was 10-7 at half and close until Lawrence Maroney became unstoppable. He owned the second half. I had to get a lucky safety to make it as close as it was.
Back to top Go down

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:46 pm

very easy contacted him and like 10 mins or so later we were playing our game

Great competitor very sim

A little about your game
it was a very good game close he was comeing back but he ran out of time very good sim game i hope all people play like he does

Final score: 24-16
Back to top Go down
nirvanarush2112

nirvanarush2112

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:10 pm

Very good we got the game going right on time.

Great player hope to get some practice in against them lol.

A little about your game
It was very long for me lol. The game started with me having a googd drive down the field then he Picked it of and returned for a td. And it was all down hill from there! Larry Johnson had 100 yards! He ran the ball well and played great Defence!

Final score: 7-38
Back to top Go down

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:13 pm

Here are the 3 things we would like you to post about:

1. Very accessible, I was not able to get on until an hour after our scheduled time but he was right there when I was able to log on.
2. Great player, deadly with the Dolphins =P
3. Fun game, took an early lead but that subsided quickly and a David Garrard fumble taken to the house killed my chances of coming back.
Back to top Go down
NPYYZ

NPYYZ

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:15 pm

nirvanarush2112 wrote:
Very good we got the game going right on time.

Great player hope to get some practice in against them lol.

A little about your game
It was very long for me lol. The game started with me having a googd drive down the field then he Picked it of and returned for a td. And it was all down hill from there! Larry Johnson had 100 yards! He ran the ball well and played great Defence!

Final score: 7-38

Nirvana, I think if you do less scrambling and get your Qb set before you throw you will have better success. If you throw on the run your accuracy is off a bit, Hence the INT's.
Good game.
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:21 pm

Just played Fumanchoo30. Absolutely fantastic game, I won the game 22-17 but it was extremely exciting throughout. He is a very SIM player and I had no problem getting a hold of him. He will be very competitive in the NFC and we are happy to have him. I saved 3 highlights in the game I will edit them back into this post tommorow.

Ravens- 22 Vikings-17
Back to top Go down

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:22 pm

just completed my first pre-season game against the jaguars (ablueduck2). i came out on top 31 - 21
overall it was a very competitive game and he played the way football is supposed to be played. he even kneeled the ball with 16 seconds in the second quarter bc he was on his own 20 or so. he had 2 costly turnovers that gave me some momentum and ultimately decided the game. he picked my terrible secondary apart with garrard all game long, luckily i was able to still come out on top due to the turnovers. but i def. need to work on my pass defense!

i'm so glad this league is starting up bc i am sick of playing kids online who go for it every 4th down and the never switch up defenses. i just can't wait for the regular season!
Back to top Go down
Kolpro

Kolpro

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:26 pm

Fist off I just want to say that benmack6 has been a great sport he played a very decent game but the defense of the Bears was just picking every play apart. His running game is pretty decent also but just wasn't getting enough yards. Grossman had a terrific game picking apart the defense with inside and outside throws. The score ended up being 59-05 my win. For those who may think I just ran the score up I really didn't try to but I also didn't just want to give the ball up. Every 4th down I did punt the ball.

Good game benmack6 remember this is just the Pre-season!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kolproduction.net
MoL2k

MoL2k

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Houston Texans (MoL2k) @ New Orleans Saints (Macuss)   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:46 pm

Great game we had....

-Very accessible, saw him online throughout the day and recieved gametimes to play. Pretty flawless.

-Good guy to play with, had a good time and I hope I meet him in the Superbowl...

-The game was good. The Saints took the lead at halftime @ 10-0, I had 5 turnovers (4 INT's 1 Fumble). The Texans had good numbers through the air (except the INT's) and the Saints had a great Running game. The Texans took the lead in the 4th quarter at 14-13 and had a good battle to keep the lead.

Final Score...

Texans 14 Saints 13

I don't think the stats get emailed on unranked games...otherwise I would have wrote down the basics and posted them.

Alrighty,

Good Macuss, if you need some warmup games let me know....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pre-Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Week 1   Pre-Season Week 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre-Season Week 1
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next