Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Regular Season Week 1

Go down 
+25
Strayiceman
Wildnasty
Triple Xposed
MoL2k
AftershockFx
llamalord
HarryRSpen19
NPYYZ
Admin
DGill2324
PaperLantern
Radi0ActivWaste
Kolpro
Gottttt it
donfigures
PaulZweber
xKillmatic
TheTrueJ0KER
mikem515
XxVenomxX91
Juice Malone
x Ricky87 x
Tengo Juego
Fumanchoo30
ch46647
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ch46647

ch46647

Regular Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 12:21 pm

ALL PREVIOUS RULES FROM LAST WEEK APPLY:

Regular Season Week 1: Sept 9th

Washington Redskins (Radi0ActivWaste(the O is a zero)) @ New York Giants (XxVenomxX91) ____(Redskins 39 Giants 7)

Detroit Lions (Rick87) @ Atlanta Falcons (Triple Xposed) ____(Lions 38 Falcons 21)

Cincinatti Bengals (PaperLantern) @ Baltimore Ravens (Chrislax19) _____(Ravens 16 Bengals 13)

Seattle Seahawks (benmack6) @ Buffalo Bills (Radi0ActivWaste(the O is a zero)) ____(Bills 48 Seahawks 17)

New York Jets (SOGxMookie09x) @ Miami Dolphins (xkillmatic)

Kansas City Chiefs (NPYYZ) @ New England Patriots (Wildansty (Using Chrislax19 Gamertag)) ____(Patriots 35 Chiefs 31)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (PaulZweber) @ New Orleans Saints (PaperLantern) ____(Bucs 27 Saints 10)

St Louis Rams (DGILL2324) @ Philadelphia Eagles (Gottttt it (5 T's)) ____(Eagles 38 Rams 14)

Houston Texans (MoL2k) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (Aftershockfx) ____(Texans 17 Steelers 10)

Jacksonville Jaguars (kolpro) @ Tennessee Titans (Head Hawg) ____(Jaguars 21 Titans 9)

Dallas Cowboys (TheTrueJ0KER(The 0 in Joker is a zero)) @ Cleveland Browns (mikem515) ___(Cowboys 48 Browns 10)

Carolina Panthers (xkillmatic) @ San Diego Chargers (don figures) ____(Chargers 24 Panthers 17)

Arizona Cardinals (nirvanarush2112) @ San Francisco 49ers (NPYYZ)___ (Cardinals 14 49ers 3)

Chicago Bears (kolpro) @ Indianapolis Colts (PaulZweber) _____(Colts 27 Bears 21)

Minnesota Vikings (FUGI0930) @ Green Bay Packers (Tengo Juego) ____(Vikings 30 Packers 23)

Denver Broncos (SOGxLlamaLordx) @ Oakland Raiders (HarryRSpen19) ___(Broncos 28 Raiders 24)

We will be editting the scores into this post when all games have been played and everyone has posted about their games. Since it is now the Regular Season we will also be udating the DIVISION STANDINGS thread weekly.

THIS IS OPENING WEEKEND FOR THE NFL AND OUR LEAGUE!! cheers EVERYONE GOOD LUCK AND THIS SHOULD BE A VERY FUN AND EXCITING RACE TO THE SUPERBOWL! king

Please remember that even if you are losing and fall out of Playoff contention to keep playing and stay active in this League. We have a ton of great owners and if anything you are going to get one great SIM game of Madden a week. You also have the oppurtunity to play spoiler every week becuase every win you can get will help another owner who is possibly in Playoff contention.

We fully intend on continuing this league, and as long as you stay an active member you will be carried over to the next League. Your record does not matter to us we just want a great group of guys who love Madden. (Please do not comment on this issue in this post, it is for game discussion only)

Last edited by ch46647 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:24 pm; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:30 pm

I just signed on and saw that the first official league game is being played between the Vikings and Packers so I decided it was time to open this thread to post game discussions! Remember we expect EVERYONE to post in this thread ASAP once your game is complete. This is now the Regular Season so we do not want to have to be chasing you guys down to post or play games anymore. WE will update the DIVISION STANDINGS as soon as all games are played affraid

Couple Notes:

1. Make sure you play the game through the league. When you challenge the other user make sure you choose "INVITE TO LEAGUE GAME" . If not your score and stats will not be kept. And your game will be void.

2. We NEED you to finish these games so if there is a dis-connect you have 2 choices:(Since it is now through the XBOX we need the game to run all the way from start to finish)
a. Re-start the game from the beginning
b. Get the score to where it was and run the clock down to where your game dis-connected (I know this sucks but we have no other option since it is now run through the box)

3. Post in here ASAP once your game is complete.

Thanks everyone and GOOD LUCK! king

Last edited by ch46647 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fumanchoo30

Fumanchoo30

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:55 pm

I just played Tengo Juego, and WHAT A GAME IS WAS!!!

He received first and I stopped him on his 1st possession, and then on my first possession he intercepted me deep in my territory, but I was able to hold him to a FG. He added another FG and was up 6-0 going into the 2nd quarter. I finally got on the board with a Play action pass to Benard Berrian. Before the half I was able to add a FG and lead 10-6 at half. I received the ball at half time and added my 2nd FG to take a 7 point lead (13-6). I was able to hold him to a punt but the 1st play after the punt he sacked me in the end zone for a safety making it a 5-point game. Eventually the game was 23-15 with 1:30 left and Tengo had the ball. He drove down the feild capping his drive with a 40 yard pass to his TE scoring and adding the 2 point conversation with 30 seconds left. I returned the kick and had the ball on my 25 with .24 seconds left. I ran a shot gun 4 wide with 2 fly patterns and 2 out patterns. Sydney Rice, streaked deep, had about 1 step on his safety and some how made the catch on the 2 (pretty much got lucky). I punched it in with 6 seconds left to for the win. It was an amazing battle and Tengo is one hell of a player. I am so fired up that this league has finally started!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tengo Juego

Tengo Juego

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:07 pm

Fumanchoo30 wrote:
I just played Tengo Juego, and WHAT A GAME IS WAS!!!

He received first and I stopped him on his 1st possession, and then on my first possession he intercepted me deep in my territory, but I was able to hold him to a FG. He added another FG and was up 6-0 going into the 2nd quarter. I finally got on the board with a Play action pass to Benard Berrian. Before the half I was able to add a FG and lead 10-6 at half. I received the ball at half time and added my 2nd FG to take a 7 point lead (13-6). I was able to hold him to a punt but the 1st play after the punt he sacked me in the end zone for a safety making it a 5-point game. Eventually the game was 23-15 with 1:30 left and Tengo had the ball. He drove down the feild capping his drive with a 40 yard pass to his TE scoring and adding the 2 point conversation with 30 seconds left. I returned the kick and had the ball on my 25 with .24 seconds left. I ran a shot gun 4 wide with 2 fly patterns and 2 out patterns. Sydney Rice, streaked deep, had about 1 step on his safety and some how made the catch on the 2 (pretty much got lucky). I punched it in with 6 seconds left to for the win. It was an amazing battle and Tengo is one hell of a player. I am so fired up that this league has finally started!!!!!!!!!

Yup that pretty much sums it up. 23-30 was the Final count.

I watched that last Hail Mary 4 different times, and thanks to Madden's wonderful AI. Al Harris, for some god forsaken reason, decided he wanted to stop and take a break, giving Sidney the step you talked about. It was a dagger in the heart, after driving back to tie it, all for some lousy pass to beat me really irks me Evil or Very Mad . We will meet again. Next time it wont be the Adrian Peterson show.
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:46 pm

Baltimore Ravens 16 Cincinatti Bengals 13

Just played Paperlantern and it was an outstanding game. It was a defensive battle the whole way. The play of the game was when the score was 6-6 in the third I was driving down to my 20 and threw a perfectly set up screen pass. It ended up being just Mcgahee and his safety in the flat and he layed a perfect hit stick, the ball flew out and his LB picked it up and ran it in for a TD. I ended up scoring on the next drive and kicked a FG with 2 minutes left to go up by 3. He got the ball back but could not get back into field goal range. He is a great SIM player and an awesome guy and he is in my Division so I will be playing him again. Good luck the rest of the way Paper!

This is the play I described above: HELL OF A PLAY PAPERLANTERN!!

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/547434

Last edited by ch46647 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:17 pm

Game Pending: 17-7, 5:35 left in the 3rd Quarter

I just played what would have been a great game against TripleXposed, but unfortunately his XBOX got rocked with lightning so we will have to wait to complete our game at a later date. It started with me returning the ball, and through a series of Marion Barber touches, a 25 yard catch with Calvin Johnson on 3rd down, and a FB dive on his 1 yard line, I managed score a TD.

Score: 7-0

After him returning it to my 38, he opened up his first drive with a 44 yard run with Michael Turner and proceeded to tear down the field. He was on his way to score on another run with Turner when I was able to catch up and stop him at my 2 yard line. After that I just decided to stuff the middle and managed to stop him twice in a row, making it 3rd and goal on my two. This is when the game took a turn in my favor. He dropped back, and when his TE looked open in the middle, he threw it. That's when my ILB Paris Lenon jumped the ball and picked it off at my own 1. After that play I had no choice, but to give myself space so I chose a HB Iso left, and ran straight up...Then there was light. I took it all the way for a 99 yard run to the house, which, by the way, is the best run I have had in Madden 09 by about 60 yards.

Score: 14-0

His next drive was extremely efficient, and he scored his first TD pretty quickly. This is when he really impressed me with how well he used Atlantas offense, and flat-out scared the hell out of me with Michael Turner, as he picked up yards in 10 yard bursts. By the time he scored, I only had about 2 minutes left to score before the half.

Score: 14-7

The next drive was nothing to special, but I did manage to send it to the half with a FG.

Score: 17-7

We only managed to get to the 5:35 mark in the 3rd quarter, before his power went out due to severe lightning. I was just about to punt it to him on my own 18 yard line, on 4th and 14, when he dis-connected. Other than the fact that I wish I could have kept my stats with Marion Barber (9 rushes for 135 yards), it was not a big deal. He was really respectful, and I don't blame him at all, because he was just trying to be a good player by commiting to play on Tuesday, and so I have zero hard feelings about it. Could've happened to anybody, really!. All in all, he was a great competitor, and I look forward to finishing our game tommorow. I just hope Marion Barber is on the money like he was tonight, because I could use a consistent runner like him every game!.
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:41 pm

I won 39-7

Venom is a cool dude and was easy to get a hold of.

Pretty much everything went right for me and wrong for him, it was just one of those games.

Play of the game was Eli Manning's 30 yd rush scratch

Last edited by Juice Malone on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XxVenomxX91

XxVenomxX91

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:45 pm

man right now im just crying lol

yeah this guy on the redskins loves the run plays

EVERYONE TAKE NOTE OF THAT

lol

what happen was the defense could not hold him

offensive line could not hold me to save Michael Jacksons life

but he was also a cool dude to play with and hard to control his runs
Back to top Go down
mikem515

mikem515

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:02 pm

i GOT THROTTLED
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:05 pm

Cowboys win 48-10 over the Cleveland Browns, R. Williams makes a great debut with 6 catches for over 100 yards with 2 TD's, T.O., Crayton, Witten and F. Jones also have a TD a piece. This game may have been a very good/close game however 2 costly turnovers in his own zone his first 2 possessions does hurt. Great sim player to play with, I hope it didnt seem like I was running the score up. GG and hope to play wiht you again
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:06 pm

What genious traded ROY WILLIAMS to the Cowboys! No

lol! Just JK!
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:25 pm

I just played a great game against Don Figures, he came out with a 24-17 victory.

The game started off pretty slow with me getting the return and driving downfield for a FG, then on his drive he worked his way to about mid-field and he threw a user pick to Beason who I was all game, but that drive ended up with me punting and a couple of drives later after him punting I threw a pick and he finally got a TD which was a long int with Jammer.

The game went on slowly making it 7-3 nearing the end of the second quarter, on my insuing return I ran a little bit but with the half nearing I decided passing was all that I could do.
I passed out to the left side flats to "beast mode" Marshawn Lynch who broke a nice tackle and I took the ball about 40yds and got pushed out near his 20, in between passing and calling timeouts I manged to hook up with my TE around his 2yd line and called my final timeout with 0:02 on the clock, I decided being down a TD and him getting the ball at the half that I would go for it, I chose to run with Marshawn again and got in for the score, but unfortunately one of my linemen was "holding" so just like that half over no score still 7-3.

The next half was a little more eventful, and LT finally started getting his rhythm going and he managed to score early, with me getting a goal line TD with Marshawn that actually counted a couple drives later, after me throwing some picks and him punting, making the score 14-10 wih about 5:00 left in the 4th.

He wore the clock down a little with some nice runs by LT, and took it within FG range and I was able to hold him to 3pts 17-10 at this point. My next drive was short lived, but with under 2mins left I had to go for it on 4th and long after a sack bringing me to about my 30, but I threw a pick which he turned into a great string of plays resulting in another LT touchdown making it 24-10 with about 1min left to the game, I quickly responded with a huge TD with Steve Smith, and tried to onsides kick but he recovered GAME OVER!!!

He was a great player and easy going competitor, although I'm still crying on the inside about that holding call that took away my TD at the end of the half, especially seeing I lost by only a TD, but he deserved the win 100% and me throwing 4 int's hurt me far worst than a blown TD by a holding call, but no complaints here, I still had 250 passing yards and a 90+ QB rating, and Steve Smith's lookin like WR of the year with 150+ receiving yards on 7 receptions, this season will be great I guarantee that.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:28 pm

ch46647 wrote:
What genious traded ROY WILLIAMS to the Cowboys! No

lol! Just JK!
actually my brother, but if Triplexposed power didn't cut off he would have been on his way to about a 200yd rushing and 100yd receiving game with Marion "the barbarion", and a good game with Calvin Johnson as well, so I think it was a really brilliant move for both parties, but trust me I watched the game and if it would have finished you would have posted "what genious traded Marion Barber to the Lions".
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:57 am

Kolpro and I played in a classic. I had problems with other obligations, but we got playing. He is a great opponent, we played one hell of a game, it had good offense, defense, and special teams. In the first quarter Chicago ran right down my throat, scoring on a short TD run up the middle. We both played decent, but ended up throwing picks to each other. End of first, Chicago 7-0. I started moving the ball up the field and ended a drive with a slant to Reggie Wayne to tie the game. Kolpro charged back and scored on another short run up the middle shortly before halftime. Halftime, Chicago 14-7. I get the kick and am forced to punt. Hester catches it and gets BLASTED, fumble returned for a touchdown. The rest of the quarter was kind of a blur, nothing huge, positive or negative, for either team. End of third, 14-14. Both teams score touchdowns in the fourth quarter, mine with 0:26 left in the game. I converted on a key fourth and fourteen somewhere around the fifty yard line. Kolpro comes out and passes, and I pick him. I returned the ball to his 31 yard line with 0:03 remaining. 48 yarder for Vinitieri, Collinsworth says its long enough, it might be, it might be, NOOOOOOOOO. SHORT!. Overtime! We take a five minute break before we start. I return the kick for a decent return, then resume running the ball. I drove the ball down the field and threw another short slant to Reggie Wayne for the game!. End of overtime...27-21 COLTS

I really had a blast playing this game, Kolpro was a very good opponent. I "prefered player" him, I enjoy people who chat throughout the game. Awesome week one! I threw 1 or 2 picks, same with him. Addai rushed for 100+ yards but I didnt check the stats.

Last edited by PaulZweber on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:35 am

It was awesome seeing everyone on last night. At one point I saw 16 of you on all at the same time! With that being said next week everyone needs to get a hold of each other earlier. It seemed like a mad scramble last night for everyone to find their game times. The schedule will be up on Friday please just take a minute and post in the thread about a time good for you and PM the other owner. That is what this site is here for guys.

Games that still need to be played ASAP (Hopefully today):

Detroit Lions (Rick87) @ Atlanta Falcons (Triple Xposed)- I know you got midway through 3rd please finish

New York Jets (MookieWilson09) @ Miami Dolphins (zbizzle2)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (auburntigersfan) @ New Orleans Saints (Macuss)

Houston Texans (MoL2k) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (Aftershockfx)

Jacksonville Jaguars (ablueduck2) @ Tennessee Titans (Head Hawg)

Denver Broncos (SOGxLlamaLordx) @ Oakland Raiders (HarryRSpen19)- I know you played but you have to make sure you select "INVITE TO LEAGUE GAME"

Also if you played but have not posted please post today. We cannot update the division standings or release the next weeks schedule until all games are played and everyone has posted. Thanks guys! Cool

Last edited by ch46647 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:36 am

PaulZweber wrote:
I really had a blast playing this game, Kolpro was a very good opponent. I "prefered player" him, I enjoy people who chat throughout the game. Awesome week one! I threw 1 or 2 picks, same with him. Addai rushed for 100+ yards but I didnt check the stats.
you can still check stats through the league, I also like playing games when people chat throughout the game, don figures and I did'nt talk all game long but we congradulated eachother on big plays and had brief disussions throughout the game, but I prefer small talk in the regular season when it matters, because sometimes I find myself losing focus when I'm having a conversation during a play, and I feel obligated to keep talking so I don't look bitter if I'm losing.
Back to top Go down
donfigures

donfigures

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:41 pm

Good day Gents,

Great game against the Panthers. Sim all the way around. Anyone who has them on their sched is in trouble Very Happy

I received quite a few breaks in the game that kept me in it. My passing game was terrible. I have to look it up, but I don't think I passed for more than 50 yards. It was terrible due to the Panthers great pass D. I could not see a man open at almost any time. LT saved the day with a few long runs (the first I have been able to do with him all preseason).

In reference to talking during the game, I have to keep focused (old man) and if I talk you might as well give me the L!! I do have my mic on and will greet and wish good luck and chime in from time to time. But that is about it.

Can't wait until week 2 game!!
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:59 pm

donfigures wrote:
Good day Gents,

Great game against the Panthers. Sim all the way around. Anyone who has them on their sched is in trouble Very Happy

I received quite a few breaks in the game that kept me in it. My passing game was terrible. I have to look it up, but I don't think I passed for more than 50 yards. It was terrible due to the Panthers great pass D. I could not see a man open at almost any time. LT saved the day with a few long runs (the first I have been able to do with him all preseason).

In reference to talking during the game, I have to keep focused (old man) and if I talk you might as well give me the L!! I do have my mic on and will greet and wish good luck and chime in from time to time. But that is about it.

Can't wait until week 2 game!!
yeah great game, I'm the same way about talking during a game but I thought our game yesterday was perfect, you played well and had great sportsmanship no matter what happened, and I was able to talk and still stay focused.
I keep my mic plugged in to say congrats to a nice play and chime in as well, and I like having discussions if the opponent is talkative, but I usually lose if it's a game long conversation, some people can play well but I lose focus easily in pressure games.
Back to top Go down
Gottttt it

Gottttt it

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:01 pm

Played DGILL2324 and the Rams. 38-14 Eagles win. Game would have been close but turnovers were costly. Westbrook had a GREAT first half with almost 100yrds. The Rams D'ed him up in the 2nd. The game took FOREVER because we both refused to run in the second haha
It was a good sim game and DGILL2324 is a good sim player.
Back to top Go down
Kolpro

Kolpro

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:41 pm

That was a very intense game with PaulZweber (Colts) he is a great sim player. I am looking forward to the next game for my 1st win!

Last edited by Kolpro on Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.kolproduction.net
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:58 pm

Exciting Week!

Last edited by PaulZweber on Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Radi0ActivWaste

Radi0ActivWaste

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 3:23 pm

(Radi0ActivWaste)Buffalo Bills vs benmack6(Seattle Seahawks)

Final Score
Buffalo - 48
Seattle - 17

to start of ill say that benmack6 is a nice and very sim player. it started out when Joe Flacco got hurt 3 plays into the game and i was forced to play without him for 5 minutes(gametime that is) witch made me mad a little. but i shut him out in the 1st QR 14-0 and it just went downhill for him from there he ended up scoreing 7 by a julius jones 40 yd td. but his defense just couldnt hold up to the power of flacco's arm and the speed of Evans,Williams, and my favorite player on the bills ROSCOE PARRISH who did amazing. and toward the end he put on 10 more points but thats it. i had like 5 picks and he had 1 i think. but overall he was a good player and good game benmack6 good luck this season.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 5:02 pm

Detroit 38 Atlanta 21

I just finished my make-up game with TripleXposed, and it was alot of fun. When our game cut out last night I was up 17-7 with 5:35 left in the 3rd, but in the interest of keeping fair player stats, and a more normal game, we both agreed to start todays game fresh without altering the score. It was a risky move, but well worth it. TripleXposed was my best opponent so far, along with RadioActivWaste, and played a very great game. Sim all the way around!.
I think he was limited offensively, due to his o-line providing absolutely nothing for Michael Turner and Jerious Norwood, but he never gave up on the run game, and compensated with a very balanced passing game. He used his TE at the right moments, and was good at putting his recievers into the open field. The only time his pass game was hurting him was when he went deep on streak plays, and that's how I managed to get 2 of my 3 interceptions. With a better running game, I'm sure he will be able to solve that, and he was great at just about every short to medium pass.
My run game with Marion Barber was pretty weak as well (22 rushes for 68 yards), which was garbage compared to the 9 rushes for 135 yards, that I had in the 3rd quarter of last nights game, but things change and my offense changed with it. My best weapon this game was Calvin Johnson (5 catches, 196 yards, 4TD's), and I was able to maximize the effectiveness of his touches. My best catch was a 3rd and 15 on his 28 yard line, when I called a corner route and jumped over two of his DB's with a user catch in the endzone for a TD. Two of my other 3 came from curl routes, in which I was able to break free, and the last one came from a regular WR post. All in all, I would say I was able to use "Ocho Uno" to his fullest, and I hope I can do that week in and week out. Luckily, though, this week I was able to throw it accurately, and so I didn't turn the ball over, which is always a huge plus.
To sum it up, TripleXposed was really a great player, and if he gets something from his RB's he will be a player to fear, especially if he gets his hands on a better team in leagues to come. I know this first hand, because yesterday Michael Turner played like Superman, but today was just a different story. I hope he sticks with what he was doing in the pass game, though, because he hit some recievers in windows that really had me stumped!. I wish him the best of luck this year, and I hope to play him again, even if just for fun.
Congratulations to everyone who played their games, and hopefully we can all get our games in, so we can look forward to week 2.
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 5:08 pm

Damn im ready for week 2

The makeup of team is totally different now. I'm anxious to see if i can put up a performance like i did in week 1.
Back to top Go down
XxVenomxX91

XxVenomxX91

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 5:10 pm

same i need to redeem my self from last game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 1   Regular Season Week 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regular Season Week 1
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next