Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Regular Season Week 3

Go down 
+20
michael couture
DGill2324
Gottttt it
Radi0ActivWaste
MoL2k
NewJaguarsOwner
PaperLantern
donfigures
AftershockFx
Admin
Tengo Juego
xKillmatic
Fumanchoo30
PaulZweber
Triple Xposed
x Ricky87 x
BigPoppaPump
llamalord
NPYYZ
ch46647
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ch46647

ch46647

Regular Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 10:47 am

ALL PREVIOUS RULES FROM LAST WEEK APPLY:

Regular Season Week 3: Sept 23rd

Kansas City Chiefs (NPYYZ) @ Atlanta Falcons (Triple Xposed)

Oakland Raiders (HarryRSpen19) @ Buffalo Bills (Radi0ActivWaste(the O is a zero))

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (PaulZweber) @ Chicago Bears (kolpro)

Carolina Panthers (xkillmatic) @ Minnesota Vikings (FUGI0930)

Miami Dolphins (xkillmatic) @ New England Patriots (Wildnasty (Using Chrislax19 Gamertag))

Cincinatti Bengals (PaperLantern) @ New York Giants (XxVenomxX91)

Houston Texans (MoL2k) @ Tennessee Titans (Head Hawg)

Arizona Cardinals (nirvanarush2112) @ Washington Redskins (Radi0ActivWaste(the O is a zero))

New Orleans Saints (PaperLantern) @ Denver Broncos (SOGxLlamaLordx)

Detroit Lions (Rick87) @ San Francisco 49ers (NPYYZ)

St Louis Rams (DGILL2324) @ Seattle Seahawks (benmack6)

Cleveland Browns (mikem515) @ Baltimore Ravens (Chrislax19)

Jacksonville Jaguars (kolpro) @ Indianapolis Colts (PaulZweber)

Pittsburgh Steelers (Aftershockfx) @ Philadelphia Eagles (Gottttt it (5 T's))

Dallas Cowboys (TheTrueJ0KER(The 0 in Joker is a zero)) @ Green Bay Packers (Tengo Juego)

New York Jets (SOGxMookie09x) @ San Diego Chargers (don figures)

A couple notes for this week:

1. Please get a hold of your opponent early so that there is not discrepancy with the gametime. (A post in here and a PM would be prefferable.

2. IF YOU HAVE A MAKE-UP GAME FROM WEEK 1 OR 2 PLEASE GET IT DONE BY THIS WEEKEND SO THAT WE CAN UPDATE THE DIVISION STANDINGS THREADS. PLEASE POST ABOUT THE GAME IN THE APPROPRIATE WEEKS THREAD.

3. There are now 3 replacement teams. If you are playing one of these teams it will be a normal Un-Ranked game just as it was in Pre-Season because they will not be in the XBOX league. These 3 teams are:

New Orleans Saints
New England Patriots
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Last edited by ch46647 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:13 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
NPYYZ

NPYYZ

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:41 am

Triple Exposed , As you may have read in the general forums my 360 crapped out on me yesterday. Today after work I am going to pick up a new one so i won't have to drop from this league and my other leagues, so I should be all set to play tonight. I'm available anytime between 7:00pm and 10:30 EST.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
llamalord

llamalord

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 2:58 pm

Hit me up whenever you wanna play.
Back to top Go down
BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 4:31 pm

StrayIceMan, let me know when you want to play our Week One game. I would like to get it out of the way tonight if we can, I need to hear from you.
Back to top Go down
NPYYZ

NPYYZ

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:15 pm

Just played Triple, Chiefs @ Falcons Chiefs won 14-10 it was a turnover fest. Chiefs threw 2 INT's and had one fumble, Falcons threw 5 INT's. Other then that it was a tight defensive game. Triple Exposed is a good sim player.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:26 pm

Ricky87 beat me 28-7.

I didn't have my headset because mine is broken and my new one hasn't came in the mail yet.

Same old 49ers for me, solid D and run game, terrible pass offense. I threw three picks over the course of the game, but they never led to any points I don't think. On the flip side, my defenders dropped five...count them FIVE would be picks. Interceptions is my only offense besides Frank Gore. 2 of them would have been easy pick 6's.

Trailing 7-0 (after a good drive capped by leaping CJ td catch), I went for a 4th and 2 on the Lions' 38 in the first quarter. That's a risky FG so I went for it. Apparently, this didn't sit well with Ricky even though given that situation "use your
own football judgment for plays in your opponents territory"
. I converted, turned it over soon after.

The rest of the game, he would maybe do a dive with Barber up the middle, and then pass out of the same set nearly the rest of the game: Rifle Doubles (3WR 1TE 1RB). He would always hot route Barber to the out route in the flat (similar to the HB option plays). I caught on to that after a couple easy firsts by Barber. After that my defense played solid until...

Rifle Doubles: Drag Under

This is a play Ricky ran any time he need a first in a passing situation. He'd audible Barber out to the flat as a 2nd read, but would usually throw one deep to Calvin Johnson, he runs a route that is apparently impossible to defend. It starts out like a fly route, he'll cut one way, then cross the middle of the field deep. I'd have him spotlighted, I'd play the safety, I'd double cover him. Nothing worked. Occasionally I'd have half of the team covering CJ and they'd maybe bat it down,but usually he just threw a bomb to CJ, and more often than not, he'd make a catch in the middle of 5 defenders and out run everyone, everytime.

Johnson had 5 catches, 4 TDs, 200+ yards. 3 TDs were 55+ yard catch and runs after the aforementioned play.

I've noticed Ricky always puts up like 50 points on everyone. Does he run this play on everyone else?

----
Long story short. I lost. Ricky ran a money play alot.
------

Last edited by Dan917 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:30 pm

Lions 28 49er's 7

I just played a so-so game against LOOTENIT DAYEN. The only good was that I got the win. After I won I sent him a "Good game" just like I always do, and he replied with something like "it was ( a good game) until you did those cheap plays with CJ (Calvin Johnson) that were indefendable". For starters, I used curls, posts and corners with Calvin, so don't say it was cheap. Also, don't call something indefendable when you choose to be the FS, blitz all your line-backers, and cover my slot reciever with your safety. I play really fair, and you didn't have a mic, so it's your fault either way. If I lose I accept it, so I can't stand it when people complain when they lose. Especially the way he complained, because he went for a 4th and 2 in the 1st quarter, right after I punted to him on a 4th and 1, and I wasn't even going to mention it, because I didn't want to make him look bad. Too late for that!.
He's just mad, because he lost. I shut him out defensively, holding him to roughly 150 yards total, and intercepting him three times. Two of those picks came off of similar plays I did with Calvin, that he called "indefendable", so I think he should try dime coverage a little more, and complain a little less. If he would have been polite after the game than I would have been more than happy to help him out with play selection in a practice game afterwards, but he chose not to be, so all I can say now is; Thanks for the win, and maybe next time you lose you can just deal with it in a more mature fashion.
I keep up with my posts, and if someone kills me with a reciever, like Juice Malone does with Santana Moss on a regular basis, I blame myself for not covering well enough. It just bothers me that he was so rude, because I try to play only for fun, and I abide by all the rules in the League, and I mean ALL of them. It may just be that time of the month, so I'll let it slide, but I just hope he treats other league members, in future games, better than he treated me.
Also, on as side note, I had a 96 yard TD catch called back for holding, and his defensive strategy never changed. I just wish I had some screen-shots of his defense to show you, because he constanly packed the middle, and used the FS so much, that he was just asking for it. Even if Calvin Johnson had 0 catches, I still would have won it fairly easily, because he did not come anywhere near playing good enough to win. His offense was so predictable, and his defense was ripe for the picking. He never did more than TE dumps, RB screens, and basic run plays. Defensively he stuck with LB blitzes, and he would be the FS and draw him in to stop the run. I Threw the ball around very well, and he had 0 take-aways, and the only time I threw to Calvin was when he was the FS. Coincidence, I think not!.
Back to top Go down
Triple Xposed

Triple Xposed

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:37 pm

Played NPYYZ and lost due to my stupid self. I pressed the wrong recieve button 1 time in the game and it cost me when I was on his 2 yard line. Oh well... NPYYZ was a good sim baller and played a good called game. I just couldn't put any offense together whereas I normally have the passing game down. Turner had a good day as he actually gained yards this time but other than that my opponent put it straight. It was a turnover fest with him getting the upper hand. I know I can play better than I did and I'm sure he can as well. Maybe we'll meet up again this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:41 pm

Actually, if Calvin Johnson had 0 receptions, you would have had 0 points. Your offense was him and only him, and from the same play. My team dropped 5 picks. I can't help that.

Apparently I blitz my LBs everytime and go pick dandelions with my FS. Uh no. I only played FS a couple times and only when I seen the same 3WR 1TE 1RB because I knew you were going to throw deep to CJ.

Also, I guess the biggest asshole ever for giving you my opinion after the game?

Whatever.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:01 pm

Dan917 wrote:
Actually, if Calvin Johnson had 0 receptions, you would have had 0 points. Your offense was him and only him, and from the same play. My team dropped 5 picks. I can't help that.

Apparently I blitz my LBs everytime and go pick dandelions with my FS. Uh no. I only played FS a couple times and only when I seen the same 3WR 1TE 1RB because I knew you were throw deep to CJ.

Also, I guess the biggest asshole ever for giving you my opinion after the game?

Whatever.
It's obvious your bitter, so I'll just take the high road. Good game, and good luck to everyone else this week. This league is shaping up to be pretty good, and I hope we can all enjoy our games!. Other than tonight, this league has been really fun, so I'm not going to take this any further. I just hope we can stop with all the bickering, because it's too fun a game to just be complaining all the time!.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:07 pm

Kolpro and ablueduck

I am signing off of Live for an hour. I will be back on at 8pm Pacific time. If either one of you guys are online, Kolpro to play the Bucs or ablueduck to play the Colts, I will play. Hope to see you guys on!
Back to top Go down
Fumanchoo30

Fumanchoo30

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:46 pm

VIKINGS 14 PANTHERS 20

I played killmatic, and he handed me my first loss. The game was played great on both sides, really nothing exciting, no crazy plays or sweet high lites, just a lot of pounding the ball on his part, and I was just trying to find any form of offense. He did an excellent job shutting down AP, so I had to pass a lot more then I wanted too. His stud Marshawn got hurt in the 2nd, but Jonathan Stewart, his back-up was a beast. I made the game a little interesting scoring with 2 min left, to make it a 6 point game, and I had 2 time-outs, but after a stuff on first down, he got a first down on 2nd and 12, and ended the game. The game was played great on both sides, and I feel I might see killmatic later in the season...good luck the rest of the year
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:48 pm

good game
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:51 pm

Great game Fugi, I just typed two long posts, and both never sent, I had alot to say about our game but I'm too tired to re-type. You were a great competitor and I wish you luck this season, hopefully we meet again.
Back to top Go down
Tengo Juego

Tengo Juego

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 am

Packers 35, Cowboys 24

Well it was a pretty good game. It started off bang bang, both of us scoring on our first possession. Was pretty back and forth for awhile. Ended the first half on a Pick that should have been 6 but I was chased down by an O-Lineman No which happened to both of us and was quite ridiculous. I forget every detail but I have to say Joker has a very well run Offense. I felt that I played pretty solid D and FINALLY had a pass rush. The game came to a close when I punched it in with 2 mins to go after a defensive stand. Joker had one last chance but threw a pick and from there I kneed the ball and that was it.

Great game Joker. Good luck the rest of the way.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:25 am

xKillmatic wrote:
Great game Fugi, I just typed two long posts, and both never sent, I had alot to say about our game but I'm too tired to re-type. You were a great competitor and I wish you luck this season, hopefully we meet again.
Oh yeah, I forgot to post the score, Panthers win 20-14
Back to top Go down
BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump

PostSubject: Bucs - 20 Bears - 17   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:25 am

Just played Kolpro again, and it came down to the very end once again. He was up 17-3 going into the fourth quarter, and I started my comeback. I scored a TD, kicked it to him, stopped him three and out, scored a TD to tie with 12 second left. 17-17. He threw and incomplete pass, and the next one was picked, I returned it to the 20 with 1 second left! He iced me with a timeout, I iced myself with a timeout, then kicked the 37 yarder to win it.

Passing
Grossman (Chi) 101.8 Rating 116 Yds 1 TD 3 Ints
Griese (TB) 96.9 Rating 158 Yds 1 TD 1 Int
Orton (Chi) 44.0 Rating 61 Yds 1 Int

Rushing
Forte (Chi) 30 Yds 1 TD 11 Att 2.7 Avg
Graham (TB) 19 Yds 13 Att 1.4 Avg
McKie (Chi) 13 Yds 5 Yds 2.6 Avg
Askew (TB) 7 Yds 1 TD 4 Att 2.6
Storer (TB) 6 Yds 1 Att 6.0 Avg
Dunn (TB) 2 Yds 1 Att

Recieving
McKie (Chi) 5 Rec 26 Yds 5.2 Avg
Bradley (Chi) 4 Rec 62 Yds 15.5 Avg 1 TD
Clayton (Chi) 3 Rec 41 Yds 13.6 Avg
Forte (Chi) 3 Rec 22 Yds 7.3 Avg
Graham (TB) 3 Rec 61 Yds 20.3 Avg 1 TD
Hilliard (TB) 2 Rec 15 Yds 7.5 Avg
Galloway (TB) 2 Rec 19 Yds 9.5 Avg
Askew (TB) 2 Rec 26 Yds 13.0 Avg
Bryant (TB) 1 Rec 12 Yds 12.0 Avg
Storer (TB) 1 Rec 4 Yds 4.0 Avg
Davis (Chi) 1 Rec 2 Yds 2.0 Avg
Hester (Chi) 1 Rec 65 Yds 65 Avg
Dunn (TB) 1 Rec 0 Yds 0.0 Avg

Defense
Carter (TB) 2 Sacks
Ogunleye (Chi) 1 Sack
Rudd (TB) 2 Int
Talib (TB) 1 Int
Buchanon (TB) 1 Int
Vasher (Chi) 1 Int

Last edited by BigPoppaPump on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:04 am

The texans owner and i tried to get our game in last night, both times we tried we had disconnections issues, we will play tonight
Back to top Go down
https://touchdowntuesdays.forumotion.net
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:54 pm

Ravens 29 Browns 13

Just played MikeM the Browns owner and let me say that he is a GREAT guy and a great SIM owner for this league! We missed our game last night but Mike got back to me this morning and actually came home on his lunch break to play our game.

As far as the game goes it was closer then the score shows. I scored a late TD but both our defenses played excellent. Mike threw 3 interceptions to my 1 and that was really the difference in the game. Glad to have you in the league Mike and good luck the rest of the way. I will see you in a few weeks in Cleveland! affraid
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:17 pm

Games that still need to be played for Week 3:

Oakland Raiders (HarryRSpen19) @ Buffalo Bills (Radi0ActivWaste(the O is a zero))

Miami Dolphins (zbizzle2) @ New England Patriots (Wildnasty (Using Chrislax19 Gamertag))

Cincinatti Bengals (PaperLantern) @ New York Giants (XxVenomxX91)

Houston Texans (MoL2k) @ Tennessee Titans (Head Hawg)

Arizona Cardinals (nirvanarush2112) @ Washington Redskins (Juice Malone)

New Orleans Saints (Strayiceman) @ Denver Broncos (SOGxLlamaLordx)

St Louis Rams (DGILL2324) @ Seattle Seahawks (benmack6)

Jacksonville Jaguars (kolpro) @ Indianapolis Colts (PaulZweber)

Pittsburgh Steelers (Aftershockfx) @ Philadelphia Eagles (Gottttt it (5 T's))

New York Jets (SOGxMookie09x) @ San Diego Chargers (don figures)

Last edited by ch46647 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:34 pm

Gottttt it and I will get our game in tonight at 9 pm PST.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:50 pm

I am hoping to play ablueduck sometime tonight. Let me know!
Back to top Go down
donfigures

donfigures

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:36 pm

Not sure what happen, but i posted my challenge to NYJ a bit back.

Ok, J-E-T-S I will be on tonight again at 9:30 EST today and the rest of hte week. Let me know when ready.
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:29 pm

Me and the Giants owner are going to play tonight if possible.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:32 pm

Well, I got no opponent for this week now, let me know what you want me to do CH. If anyone wants to play tonight I am open now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 3   Regular Season Week 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regular Season Week 3
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next