Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Regular Season Week 2

Go down 
+22
Triple Xposed
Gottttt it
MookieWilson09
MoL2k
HarryRSpen19
donfigures
Juice Malone
NPYYZ
Wildnasty
Fumanchoo30
PaulZweber
Tengo Juego
x Ricky87 x
TheTrueJ0KER
Radi0ActivWaste
Kolpro
mikem515
xKillmatic
PaperLantern
AftershockFx
Admin
ch46647
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ch46647

ch46647

Regular Season Week 2 Empty
PostSubject: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:55 am

ALL PREVIOUS RULES FROM LAST WEEK APPLY:

Regular Season Week 2: Tuesday Sept 16th

Chicago Bears (kolpro) @ Carolina Panthers (xkillmatic) ____(Panthers 36 Bears 0)

Tennessee Titans (Head Hawg) @ Cincinatti Bengals (Paperlantern) ____(Bengals 21 Titans 20)

Green Bay Packers (Tengo Juego) @ Detroit Lions (Rick87) _____(Lions 38 Packers 24)

Buffalo Bills (Radi0ActivWaste(the O is a zero)) @ Jacksonville Jaguars (kolpro) _____(Jaguars 41 Bills 21)

Oakland Raiders (HarryRSpen19) @ Kansas City Chiefs (NPYYZ) _____(Raiders 21 Chiefs 10)

Indianapolis Colts (PaulZweber) @ Minnesota Vikings (FUGI0930) _____(Vikings 31 Colts 7)

New York Giants (XxVenomxX91) @ St Louis Rams (DGILL2324) ____(Rams 13 Giants 10)

New Orleans Saints (PaperLantern) @ Washington Redskins (Radi0ActivWaste(the O is a zero)) _____(TBD)

San Francisco 49ers (NPYYZ) @ Seattle Seahawks (benmack6) ______(49ers 13 Seahawks 3)

Atlanta Falcons (Triple Xposed) @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (PaulZweber) _____(Falcons 24 Buccaneers 10)

Miami Dolphins (xkillmatic) @ Arizona Cardinals (nirvanarush2112) _____(TBD)

San Diego Chargers (don figures) @ Denver Broncos (SOGxLlamaLordx) _____*(Denver 7 Chargers 0)*

New England Patriots (Wildnasty(Using Chrislax19 Gamertag) @ New York Jets (SOGxMookie09x) ____(Patriots 24 Jets 7)

Pittsburgh Steelers (Aftershockfx) @ Cleveland Browns (mikem515) ____(Steelers 31 Browns 7)

Philadelphia Eagles (Gottttt it (5 T's)) @ Dallas Cowboys (TheTrueJ0KER(The 0 in Joker is a zero)) ____(Cowboys 31 Eagles 28.)

Baltimore Ravens (Chrislax19) @ Houston Texans (MoL2k) ____(Ravens 13 Texans 3)

COUPLE OF NOTES:

1. Please read the IMPORTANT thread there is a slight change to the league I think many of you will like Very Happy

2. I will update standings from last week as soon as the final 4 games that need to be played are complete.

3. PLEASE get a hold of your opponent ASAP to avoid scheduling conflicts. A simple post in here and a PM to your opponent letting them know when your availiable to play would be perfect!

4. Please post at the conclusion of your game in this thread as we do every week.

Last edited by ch46647 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:24 pm; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:37 pm

Wow just played Bengals (paperlantern) he won 21-20. This is a tough one to lose. I missed a FG that would have sealed it in the 4th wide right (my first one to miss since ive played madden) Then he was down by 6 with about 2 min left and drove it down my throat for the go ahead td. i had 13 seconds left and got it on his 44 and tried a 60 yarder for the win and missed it by inches!!!!!

great game
Back to top Go down
https://touchdowntuesdays.forumotion.net
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:08 pm

Steelers @ Browns (mikem515)

We initially started our game Saturday night but, due to a power outage we were unable to finish that game. Seeing as I was up 21-6 at the half on him I elected to just restart the game vs. wasting time to replay the exact scenario. That being said he finally got a mic which made communication really easy. He was a polite fun owner to talk with. We held a conversation for most of the game which is always nice as well.

I'm unable to post the stats from the game because my Madden froze on the top 5 replay screen but, the stats did save to the league which is always good. Final score 31-7 Steelers.
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:46 pm

Admin wrote:
Wow just played Bengals (paperlantern) he won 21-20. This is a tough one to lose. I missed a FG that would have sealed it in the 4th wide right (my first one to miss since ive played madden) Then he was down by 6 with about 2 min left and drove it down my throat for the go ahead td. i had 13 seconds left and got it on his 44 and tried a 60 yarder for the win and missed it by inches!!!!!

great game
Haha yeah, that last 60 yard FG came close to going in. When it went up in the air the announcer said "And it's got the distance!" and I was thinking "no way Shocked "

Oh and that 40 or so yard FG you missed really killed you.

To open the second half I had a really good drive going, pounding it up the middle with Larry Johnson quite a bit, but when I got to around the 20 I got aggressive and lobbed a pass to Andre Caldwell who was doing a fade route into the endzone, but it was picked off.

That was one of my first really aggressive play calls of the season, and it didn't pay off lol great game
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 12:47 am

I just played my week 2 game against Kolpro and I won 36-0.
I held him to around 50 total yards, but his defense played well too. I got the ball to start the game off and got a FG, and that was pretty much the story for me in the first half, I kicked 4 FG's making it 12-0 at half.
The second half was a little better for me, I was able to get some nice plays with Marshawn leaving him with 150+ yds and 2TD's for the game. I ended up running the ball alot throughout the game and only having about 100yds passing with 0 picks or TD's, but after throwing 4int's last game I really wanted to play it safe this week.
Kolpro was a great player and never lost his good sportsmanship, even at the end of the game when I got a long TD with Lynch after the game was sealed, but I wasn't trying to run the score up I just didn't want to kneel and not give him a chance on offense.
He played well at pass defense and Urlacher ended up with 12 tackles, but the Bears line just could'nt help him out, and his WR's dropped some unfortunate catches.
It was also a bad weather game (17mph wind and rainy), so that also affected Campbell's accuracy, and made it so Hester did'nt get so many chances to return. I really needed this win to prove to myself I still had a chance to make the post season, and I'm glad I did'nt lose the game with my QB and could put the game out with "beast mode".
Peppers also played like a true defensive MVP having 3 sacks and a crucial int, my trades I made really came through too with Marshawn's great game, and Kyle Vanden Bosch stopping the run and opening up Pepper's great pass rush.
I really enjoyed playing against Kolpro, and I intend on doing some unranked games against him, he was a very classy player and I hope he can get his offense going and make a run to get to the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
mikem515

mikem515

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 12:14 pm

I lost this week 31 - 7 to AftershockFx. He is a good owner and will do very well in this league. I finally got my mic going and was happy I did because we had nondistracting talk throughout the game. Unfortunately the first time we played I lost power halfway through so rather than going through everything we just started over. All in all I need ALOT of work if I want to compete in this league.

Cleveland Browns
0-2
Last game - Pitt 31 - Cleve 7
Next game - @ Balt
Back to top Go down
Kolpro

Kolpro

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 12:56 pm

I am now 0-2 with the Bears lost to xKillmatic who played a very good game. My offense just couldn't get going but I do give credit to my defense who held him to 4 field goals in the first half. xKillmatic has a very good chance in making it into the playoffs keep up the good work! Can't wait till next game to redeem myself so look out Bucs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kolproduction.net
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 4:51 pm

Kolpro wrote:
I am now 0-2 with the Bears lost to xKillmatic who played a very good game. My offense just couldn't get going but I do give credit to my defense who held him to 4 field goals in the first half. xKillmatic has a very good chance in making it into the playoffs keep up the good work! Can't wait till next game to redeem myself so look out Bucs!
Yeah dude don't feel too bad about losing by that much. Anybody that can hold a team to 0 TDs and 4 FGs in a half is obviously doing something right
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 5:32 pm

Played radioactivewaste
Score: Jaguars 41, Bills 21

Not a way too exciting game as the Bills scored their firsts points early in the 4th quarter when the score was 34-0. A few three and outs on run plays, the Bills chucked up in the air down after down and got some late game scores. There was one pretty crazy user catch too by radio when I was in a quarter defense, so that surprised me quite a bit, although the game was already over.
Back to top Go down
Radi0ActivWaste

Radi0ActivWaste

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 6:08 pm

ablueduck wrote:
Played radioactivewaste
Score: Jaguars 41, Bills 21

Not a way too exciting game as the Bills scored their firsts points early in the 4th quarter when the score was 34-0. A few three and outs on run plays, the Bills chucked up in the air down after down and got some late game scores. There was one pretty crazy user catch too by radio when I was in a quarter defense, so that surprised me quite a bit, although the game was already over.

we forgot who was the home team but it didnt matter. nothin much to say but a bad game by me and a good game by him. the only good thing for me was the 2 long user catchs for tds and one flea flicker. here it is

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/650248
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:23 pm

I was told Flacco could not be stopped wtf? lol!
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 8:43 pm

Lions 38 Packers 24

I just played a great game against Tengo Juego, but first let me apoligize Tengo. If I sounded rude when I tried to set up a time, I'm sorry, it's just when I asked you if you wanted to play your profile went to "away", which made me think you were trying to avoid playing. You told me you were walking your dog, and seeing as how I have 2 dogs myself (Dachsund-Chihauha mix and German Shephard), I completely understand.
Tengo played a great game, and I had absolutely no answer for his run game. He slaughtered me with both the dead presidents (Jackson and Grant), and the only reason I think I survived is, because he didn't run a whole bunch of times. It also helped that Calvin Johnson put on another MVP caliber performance (170+ yards and 3 TD's), and Jon Kitna played amazing (80% completions, 270 yards, 3 TD's, 0 picks and 0 sacks allowed). I also had a lucky 1st quarter, due to a TD on my first drive to Calvin, and I picked it and took it to the goal line, where I ran it in with my FB. Then on the very next kickoff Jerome Dizon laid a hit on Will Blackmon, and he coughed it up, though my very first offensive play after that I gave up a fumble with Shaun McDonald on an in route.
The game continued pretty quickly and I took a 35-10 lead into the end of the 3rd. He started really strong after that, though, and really gave me a scare, scoring 14 un-answered points. Luckily, again, for me I think I had just built to heavy of a lead, because he was really getting into a groove offensively.
Overall, he was a very sim opponent. He played fair and tried hard to the very end. I look forward to our rematch later in the season, and I hope he doesn't play in the next game like he did in the 4th quarter, because if he does than I don't stand a chance.

PS: Tengo, if you ever want to play me again just send me an invite.
Back to top Go down
Tengo Juego

Tengo Juego

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:04 pm

x Ricky87 x wrote:
Lions 38 Packers 24

I just played a great game against Tengo Juego, but first let me apoligize Tengo. If I sounded rude when I tried to set up a time, I'm sorry, it's just when I asked you if you wanted to play your profile went to "away", which made me think you were trying to avoid playing. You told me you were walking your dog, and seeing as how I have 2 dogs myself (Dachsund-Chihauha mix and German Shephard), I completely understand.
Tengo played a great game, and I had absolutely no answer for his run game. He slaughtered me with both the dead presidents (Jackson and Grant), and the only reason I think I survived is, because he didn't run a whole bunch of times. It also helped that Calvin Johnson put on another MVP caliber performance (170+ yards and 3 TD's), and Jon Kitna played amazing (80% completions, 270 yards, 3 TD's, 0 picks and 0 sacks allowed). I also had a lucky 1st quarter, due to a TD on my first drive to Calvin, and I picked it and took it to the goal line, where I ran it in with my FB. Then on the very next kickoff Jerome Dizon laid a hit on Will Blackmon, and he coughed it up, though my very first offensive play after that I gave up a fumble with Shaun McDonald on an in route.
The game continued pretty quickly and I took a 35-10 lead into the end of the 3rd. He started really strong after that, though, and really gave me a scare, scoring 14 un-answered points. Luckily, again, for me I think I had just built to heavy of a lead, because he was really getting into a groove offensively.
Overall, he was a very sim opponent. He played fair and tried hard to the very end. I look forward to our rematch later in the season, and I hope he doesn't play in the next game like he did in the 4th quarter, because if he does than I don't stand a chance.

PS: Tengo, if you ever want to play me again just send me an invite.

Yup another good summary. I erase those two picks and get some kind of pressure and the game could have gone either way. For some reason I cant get pressure and its annoying the hell out of me.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:17 pm

Week two for the Colts, a loss. A thorough ass whooping was delivered to me. 31-7 was the final score. Peyton "TO happening every other pass" Manning threw for a 41.8 rating, 176 yards, 0 tds, and 5 interceptions. Add to that the two fumbles returned for touchdowns, the pick 6 by him, and Peyton pretty much sucks. Or I suck. My passing offense is garbage, nothing more. I am ashamed. I need to make changes. His defense was very impressive, and both of us got the running game going. we talked off and on throughout the game, he is a cool guy. It would have been a much funner game if I could have put up a fight, i want a rematch sometime. tough division you guys are in.
Back to top Go down
Fumanchoo30

Fumanchoo30

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:27 pm

VIKINGS 31 COLTS 7

I just played Paul Z. He is the COLTS and I am the VIKINGS. He received the ball to start the game and after a 3 and out from each of us, the game went on a drastic turn. His second possession, I sacked Manning and J. Allen picked up the fumble and returned it for a TD. After the kickoff, his first play was a pass which was intercepted and returned for a touchdown. The score at halftime was 21-7 VIKINGS. However, the offensive numbers were not close, he was leading me in all categories, except turnovers. The game in the second half was not much to write about. A lot of back and forth possessions, with minimal scoring (only 10 points total in the second half). I ended up with 7 turnovers and a lot of running with AP. Paul is a great player and has a great defense. We held a great conversation the whole game about the football season and fantasy football. The score does not tell the whole story of the game. 21 of my points were on defensive touchdowns, he held my offense in check the whole game. Paul is going to be a contender in the AFC. I am glad that this league is getting off to such a great start, and players like Paul, make it fun and enjoyable to play the games. Great game, unfortunately turnovers were costly.
Back to top Go down
Wildnasty

Wildnasty

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:33 pm

Patriots 24 Jets 17

Just played MookieWilson and it was an excellent game! Mookie is a great owner and Madden player. The game was tight throughout, he had the ball at the end and drove down to my 30 but he then turned the ball over on downs. I want to apologize for my game earlier against NPYZZ. Apparently I rolled out to the left and the right to much and I made it a point not to do it in this game or any game in the future. I am happy to be a part of this league!
Back to top Go down
NPYYZ

NPYYZ

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:13 pm

Just played the Raaaaiiiders. Great game, McFadden almost matched his real life performance from Sunday with 20 carries for 156 yards , his longest run was a nice 58 yarder, he was 4 short of his performance in real life on Sunday. I couldn't stop him , he scored 2 TD's.

Brodie Croyle threw for 160 yards but had 3 INT's, Jamaal Charles ran for 86 and Gonzales lit it up as usual with 7 catches for 73 yards. I was threatening on the 8 yard line late in the game and Croyle threw the 3rd INT.

The highlight of the Raiders passing game was a 57 yarder to J. Walker

Very good game the Raiders take the win 21-10.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:14 am

Cowboys 31 vs Eagles 28

Great win for me, Gottttt it played a great game and I had a very hard time reading his defense he played great against the pass so I had to rely on my running game but Felix Jones had a great game rushing. Westbrook was very hard to stop both running and in the pass game even when I knew where he was going. There were 3 lead changes in the last 5 minutes of the game, I went up by 3, then he threw a TD pass to his TE for a TD to go up 4 with 1:57 left, then I bombed a pass to my FB on his 45 and only 1 DB back there but my FB drops the pass then I just worked the field with Dump passes and eventually got on his 5 yard line where I ran it in with Felix Jones. It was a great game both RB's played excellent Romo had another great game (but he did have 3 INT's) it was just a awesome game props gotttttt it
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:37 am

Maacus never showed or got back to me just to let you know, im turning off my box now.
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:55 am

Ravens 14 Texans 3

Just had a great defensive battle agains Mol2k. I came out on top 14-3 but it was a defensive battle all the way. The offensive stats were almost completely even as was tiime of possession. He just had a few more turnovers then I did. Mol2k is a great owner for this league. I believe he will make the playoffs because he just plays excellent defense. Great game Mol2k and good luck the rest of the way!
Back to top Go down
donfigures

donfigures

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:58 am

Waited for Denver last night. No show. Maybe tonight??
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 9:05 am

Ya, Denver was at my house waiting for you guys' game. I guess communication problems.

I figure he will be able to play today just hit him up with a p.m.
Back to top Go down
https://touchdowntuesdays.forumotion.net
donfigures

donfigures

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 9:23 am

I posted 9:30 PM EST via the site and via the xbox. Ha

I will be on at 9:30 pm EST tonight. I am actually home all day today. I can play up until 4pm and then thereafter i will be on at 9:30 pm EST.
Back to top Go down
HarryRSpen19

HarryRSpen19

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 10:00 am

NPYYZ wrote:
Just played the Raaaaiiiders. Great game, McFadden almost matched his real life performance from Sunday with 20 carries for 156 yards , his longest run was a nice 58 yarder, he was 4 short of his performance in real life on Sunday. I couldn't stop him , he scored 2 TD's.

Brodie Croyle threw for 160 yards but had 3 INT's, Jamaal Charles ran for 86 and Gonzales lit it up as usual with 7 catches for 73 yards. I was threatening on the 8 yard line late in the game and Croyle threw the 3rd INT.

The highlight of the Raiders passing game was a 57 yarder to J. Walker

Very good game the Raiders take the win 21-10.

NPYYZ hit the nail on the head with his summary. His DEFENSE was TOUGH last night so I had to rely heavily on my running game. I feel like I left 10pts on the field(missed FG and mismanaged the clock and ran out of time on his 1yd line) so I am going back in the lab to try to work my passing scheme and improve my game management. Overall NPYYZ played a great game and look forward to our next meeting later on in the season.
Back to top Go down
MoL2k

MoL2k

PostSubject: Ravens (14) @ Texans (3)   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:38 am

What a defensive battle it was...I figured it might be with the Ravens. I had 4 turnovers I believe but 2 of them were costly. I had one inside his 20 which set up a TD for the ravens. Then I drove all the way down the field and turned it over inside my 10. I also threw another INT on a potentail scoring drive.

I couldn't find a way to stop his run, He ran well over 100 yrds on me with Willis....

Good game...

I hope I get a chance to redeem myself....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Week 2   Regular Season Week 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regular Season Week 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next