Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*IMPORTANT*

Go down 
+3
BigPoppaPump
ch46647
PaperLantern
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

*IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: *IMPORTANT*   *IMPORTANT* Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:01 pm

Xbox Live will be down on September 29th for 24 FULL hours (this coming Monday), it's just some maintenance to prep for the new dashboard (which is really cool because there are group private chats, faster downloads, etc.). I don't know when the new dashboard will actually be avaiable, but it could be as early as Sept. 30.

Anyway, just wanted to warn you guys so you don't schedule your Week 4 games on Monday.

Link
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

*IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT*   *IMPORTANT* Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:14 pm

Thank you!!!!
Back to top Go down
BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump

*IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT*   *IMPORTANT* Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:39 pm

Good lookin out!
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

*IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT*   *IMPORTANT* Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:54 am

Good thing the Steelers games on. Maybe I can watch them run for 20 more yards Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

*IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT*   *IMPORTANT* Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:12 pm

Willie Parker is out so probably haha, do you know how long or whats wrong with him? i just traded for him in my fantasy league before I saw he was injuried
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

*IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT*   *IMPORTANT* Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:29 pm

TheTrueJ0KER wrote:
Willie Parker is out so probably haha, do you know how long or whats wrong with him? i just traded for him in my fantasy league before I saw he was injuried

He has a bruised left knee, the MRI was negative and he's on a day to day basis per Tomlin. Honestly I think Mendy will do just fine but that offensive line just makes me vomit.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

*IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT*   *IMPORTANT* Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:39 pm

Ya, they allowed 6 sacks in one quarter. I still think Pittsburgh will go to the AFC chamionship game, but it may be a bumpy road. By the way, TrueJoker, congratulations on your Lions for finally getting rid of Matt Millen. Maybe now they can start to win. Millen made a few good picks with Calvin, Ernie Sims, and Kevin Smith, but other than that he absolutely sucks. Gosder Cherrilus was the dumbest pick this year, and they have so many weaknesses to win with what they've got now. They should have drafted Joe Flacco, or Aqib Talib, but it's too late now. Maybe they'll sure up a top 3 pick in next years draft, though, and they can pick up a defensive star like Rey Maualuga or Malcolm Jenkins. Maybe even a QB, who knows?
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

*IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT*   *IMPORTANT* Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:49 pm

Yeah, every football fan has got to be happy that Millen is no longer with the team. He was nothing but overpaid garbage who has found a few pieces of the pie, but no crust for the Lions.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

*IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT*   *IMPORTANT* Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:30 pm

Cherlius has actually not looked to horrible in at left tackle from the games I have seen him play so far this year, He came in against Kampman and played pretty well
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

*IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT*   *IMPORTANT* Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:39 pm

Once Al Davis and Carl Peterson (Chiefs) are gone, I can rest in NFL peace.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

*IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT*   *IMPORTANT* Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:14 pm

This whole Lane Kiffin thing is terrible for them, because they could have actually had an oppurtunity in the off-season at Brian Billick, who is one of the smartest coaches in the NFL. They are screwed for the next few years at least, because their offense is no where near finding itself, and their coach is horrendous. I think the Lions are way better off than the Raiders in the long run, even though the Raiders are "more talented", because the Lions don't have heavy contracts like the Raiders do. The Raiders will only get worse in years to come, whereas the Lions will be able to actually add talent. Tommy Kelly, DeAngelo Hall, and Javon Walker account for 25+ million dollars alone, and all of them are signed on for half a decade, so you know they won't be able to sign any excellent free agents. They also won't be able to re-sign Nnamdi Asumougha, which is a huge loss.
The Lions, on the other hand, have great players to build around. Calvin Johnson will be the best WR in the league, and Roy Williams is right up there as well. Plus Kevin Smith, who will be very great. Then on defense you have Ernie Sims, Corey Redding, and a few good DE's in Dewayne White and Cliff Avril. I would expect them to be in the playoffs in the next few years, and at this rate they'll be able to get one of the best players in next years draft, plus they'll have other great picks. I would definitely say the Lions are my surprise pick for next season, especially with the loss of Matt Millen,
Back to top Go down
BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump

*IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT*   *IMPORTANT* Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:30 pm

I've heard that since they drafted Rodgers at WR, they were on the up-and-up.

x Ricky87 x wrote:
I would definitely say the Lions are my surprise pick for next season, especially with the loss of Matt Millen,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

*IMPORTANT* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *IMPORTANT*   *IMPORTANT* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*IMPORTANT*
Page 1 of 1