Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suggestion From Owners

Go down 
+6
xKillmatic
TheTrueJ0KER
Tengo Juego
PaulZweber
NPYYZ
ch46647
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ch46647

ch46647

Suggestion From Owners Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion From Owners   Suggestion From Owners Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 1:22 pm

Guys Im in the airport, and there are obviously some major problems with this league right now. Crying or Very sad Please read my post in the Week 5 thread. I would like to hear from you guys about suggestions to keep this thing going.

At the very least I am happy that I have 15-20 great guys who we can build upon in the future. However, I do not want to give up on this League since the ADMIN and myself have put a ton of effort into getting this thing off the ground. NPYZZ you've been one of our excellent owners and you appear to be in a successful over 35 league so you are an example of someone Id love to hear suggestions from. However, I would love to hear from everyone!

Thanks guys and I am sorry to those of you who are really enjoying this league. The ADMIN and myself are doing our best to make this work. We have major limitations from EA with the leagues, particularly not being able to replace owners. Combine that with the fact that many of our original owners have ended up not working out and you can see where we have our problems.
Back to top Go down
NPYYZ

NPYYZ

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion From Owners   Suggestion From Owners Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:22 pm

Last edited by NPYYZ on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion From Owners   Suggestion From Owners Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:27 pm

I agree ^

Next season I think it would be a lot more successfull if we would limit to 12 or 14, and make sure they are good owners. It is frustrating to be on this board trying to find players, to set up a time, to get ignored. People need to stay active on the board, and I think the side discussions we have in other threads help hold interest, at least for me. If we set up a small league after this one with people I know will play, not abuse rules, and be good sim owner/players, i have no problem giving my cell number to them. We need to find a way to weed out the trash owners.

These are the guys that I have played multiple times or I know they are good owners for future leagues. If I didn't name you I probably havent played you, or I forgot.

NPYYZ, ch46647, AftershockFx, Kolpro, TheTrueJ0KER, PaperLantern, Fumanchoo30, x Ricky87 x, xKillmatic, Triple Xposed, Tengo Juego, donfigures

These are the people I am confident would be great owners with no problems to get games in or rule descrepencies.
Back to top Go down
Tengo Juego

Tengo Juego

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion From Owners   Suggestion From Owners Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:36 pm

Honestly if this league flops, or just dries up of owners and the league just cant continue and we have to start another, then you would have to count me out, As much as I would LOVE to have a great league with all of you, Madden just isn't a good enough football game to play. Seriously, I only play it for the leagues now, playing the AI is just facepalm after facepalm. I'm sticking it out in this league for the long haul, but if we have to start over, then I'm out.

Not to mention I didn't buy Madden I gamefly'd it(I have my reasons for not buying this game, you can probably figure out why lol) and I will just send it back if this doesn't work out.

But I have confidence the league will be ok.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion From Owners   Suggestion From Owners Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:52 pm

I totally understand where you are coming from Tengo. I only play online leagues and play now against friends/family. Madden just isn't that great this year to me, but I love playing REAL people. You are a good owner and a fun guy to play against, hopefully next years Madden will hold interest longer.
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion From Owners   Suggestion From Owners Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:32 pm

^^^ Agreed with both of you. This league will not start over. If anything I was talking about next year when hopefully EA steps up. With this new guy Ian in charge I expect big things starting next year. But maybe thats just wishful thinking. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tengo Juego

Tengo Juego

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion From Owners   Suggestion From Owners Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 1:18 am

No matter who takes over, his aspirations, or plans for the game, the gameplay wont change. Its still going to be Madden. And quite frankly, Madden is not a good game. Its a garbage game IMO.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion From Owners   Suggestion From Owners Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 2:06 am

I disagree with Tengo big time, this league and now my league with radio gone is really hard to want to play. With NHL 09 and NBA2k9 there is no reason for me to play either league now since we are having owners quit and leave what is the point of playing anymore? 2 people owning 2 teams is a waste of time and boring to me, I am very frustrated that we have about 6 teams that have quit and pretty soon you mid as well add me to the list I just dont see me committing more time to leagues that cant maintain a decent amount of owners whats the point to even play anymore? even if you guys continue whats the point so we can play a season after this where more people quit not even half way through the season? 16 people tops is all that works and I just dont know if I can go on anymore playing a 32 person league with 26 actual owners.
Back to top Go down
NPYYZ

NPYYZ

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion From Owners   Suggestion From Owners Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 5:55 pm

TheTrueJ0KER wrote:
I disagree with Tengo big time, this league and now my league with radio gone is really hard to want to play. With NHL 09 and NBA2k9 there is no reason for me to play either league now since we are having owners quit and leave what is the point of playing anymore? 2 people owning 2 teams is a waste of time and boring to me, I am very frustrated that we have about 6 teams that have quit and pretty soon you mid as well add me to the list I just dont see me committing more time to leagues that cant maintain a decent amount of owners whats the point to even play anymore? even if you guys continue whats the point so we can play a season after this where more people quit not even half way through the season? 16 people tops is all that works and I just dont know if I can go on anymore playing a 32 person league with 26 actual owners.

You know what, I agree 100% both these leagues are fucked and I am not going to commit any more of my time to either one of them. I guess the only way to run a league with EA's screwed up system is to keep track of everything on the forums and play all unranked games with no trades. That way if someone drops you can just fill his spot. This is just not worth the time.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion From Owners   Suggestion From Owners Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 6:28 pm

no the best way is to just restart both leagues, make one with the normal 16 normal guys that are always on and dedicate time
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion From Owners   Suggestion From Owners Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 7:40 pm

This is a really upsetting discussion, even though I think most of your points are valid. I have a blast playing 09 against great competition, like the owners mentioned by Paul. I was syked to be in this league, and for a while thought this was the funnest game/league possible. I've met some really great people on here, and if any of you quit I'm still free to play games with you any time I'm on. I hope we can work this out, because I truly enjoy being in this league!!!
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion From Owners   Suggestion From Owners Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 8:17 pm

I hate to keep saying it but I think the only way for this league to survive and keep most of us would be to just restart with 12/15 people
Back to top Go down
XxVenomxX91

XxVenomxX91

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion From Owners   Suggestion From Owners Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:03 pm

i also feel the same way

i might not post alot but belive me i play my games
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion From Owners   Suggestion From Owners Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:43 am

TheTrueJ0KER wrote:

I couldn't agree more. 32 owner leagues just doesn't work if we can't replace owners as needed. I find myself playing NHL 09 constantly just because Madden is boring to me with all of the issues it has. Only reason I still play it is the leagues. I say trash both leagues, start a new one with 12-16 owners max and go from there.
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion From Owners   Suggestion From Owners Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:44 pm

As much as I HATE to say it, this league needs to be restarted. I'm not alone when I say I would have LOVED for us to finish this one, and it was really cool mimicking the actual NFL schedule, and I had a blast playing the four season games I did play in the league. But it's just not working. I, along with most others, really don't have much motivation to invest my time into a league where people are dropping out and generally people don't care.

We've got about 15 guys in this league that are committed, and the rest are people either aren't committed, or are stragglers brought in from the streets that usually aren't committed.

If we can get a league of about 12-16 people, consisting solely of people we know will be committed and will not have to drop out because of personal issues (no offense to people who did drop out because of that, it's a perfectly reasonable excuse to drop, and I know it's hard to see it coming). All is not lost. Take what we've learned, put it to use, and hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion From Owners   Suggestion From Owners Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:00 pm

PaperLantern wrote:
As much as I HATE to say it, this league needs to be restarted. I'm not alone when I say I would have LOVED for us to finish this one, and it was really cool mimicking the actual NFL schedule, and I had a blast playing the four season games I did play in the league. But it's just not working. I, along with most others, really don't have much motivation to invest my time into a league where people are dropping out and generally people don't care.

We've got about 15 guys in this league that are committed, and the rest are people either aren't committed, or are stragglers brought in from the streets that usually aren't committed.

If we can get a league of about 12-16 people, consisting solely of people we know will be committed and will not have to drop out because of personal issues (no offense to people who did drop out because of that, it's a perfectly reasonable excuse to drop, and I know it's hard to see it coming). All is not lost. Take what we've learned, put it to use, and hope for the best.
WELL PUT!!! I can't think of anything else to put and I agree 1000%. I would feel much better starting over, than I would trying to keep this one alive. Don't get me wrong, this league has been really fun, but it is impossible to stay genuinely excited when you spend more time stressing and scheduling than you do having fun. I think too many people just flat out BS'ed when they said they were commited, and it's left the rest of us trying to compensate. I'm all for starting over with however many of us are commited, and I will commit to playing all my games on time and 100% sim. I hope we can get this solved, and I am on board with any ideas that the group comes up with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion From Owners   Suggestion From Owners Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestion From Owners
Page 1 of 1