Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone catch the Falcons game?.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

Anyone catch the Falcons game?. Empty
PostSubject: Anyone catch the Falcons game?.   Anyone catch the Falcons game?. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 2:21 pm

I don't know if anyone caught the Falcons/Bears game yesterday, but it was ridiculous. I was a little disappointed at first that the only game on was the Bengals/Jets, but when I found out Fox was playing Atlantas game versus Chicago, so I decided to watch that game instead. Man was it crazy; especially the 4th quarter. I thought Matt Ryan was heavily underrated as an NFL QB by alot of the ESPN people, but he's doing better than even I thought. I was just wondering how good you guys think he will be this season and in the future?
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: Anyone catch the Falcons game?.   Anyone catch the Falcons game?. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 2:26 pm

I think it is still early, but he is playing very well. He was good when Turner wasn't able to carry them, so that is a positive. I just don't think he will be able to play at this level all year long. He will make rookie mistakes and when the running game isn't working, I don't think he is able to carry them yet. Incredible game though...
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: Anyone catch the Falcons game?.   Anyone catch the Falcons game?. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:51 pm

Rookie of the year.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: Anyone catch the Falcons game?.   Anyone catch the Falcons game?. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:48 pm

PaulZweber wrote:
I think it is still early, but he is playing very well. He was good when Turner wasn't able to carry them, so that is a positive. I just don't think he will be able to play at this level all year long. He will make rookie mistakes and when the running game isn't working, I don't think he is able to carry them yet. Incredible game though...
I agree, he will definitely have his ups and downs, but I'm very curious to see is if he can manage to increase his role in the offense. Michael Turner struggled, yet I was very surprised that Matt's game wasn't affected by that at all. Also, he seems to really have a great connection with Roddy White, who is turning out to be really talented, and I think he does a great job learning the skills of his recievers. He did an amazing job using Roddy's ability to go up and get it, and he has a group of other recievers who he went to perfectly in the game. Especially how he managed to hit Michael Jenkins right on target; that was one of the best throws I've seen all year. I know it's still early, but I completely agree with PaperLantern about rookie of the year. If Matt Ryan keeps winning, he'll get RoTY for sure. Another thing I really liked about Matt Ryan, is that he stays extremely cool even when plays are called back from penalties. Most young QB's tend to swear and look angry, but he just remains calm and immediately thinks about the next play. The complete opposite of Jay Cutler and Phillip Rivers. It took both of those guys a few years before they showed anything good, and they still aren't much better than Matt Ryan is now, in my opinion. My prediction is that Matt Ryan will exceed any of the QB's drafted in the last 3 years, and will turnout to be alot like Peyton, except for maybe the arm, but overall he reminds me alot of him. I hope I get more Falcons games on cable, and I really want Atlanta to make the playoffs. Maybe they will, and maybe they won't, but either way I think their really starting to build a solid franchise!.
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: Anyone catch the Falcons game?.   Anyone catch the Falcons game?. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:48 pm

The only person that would even come close to challenging him (if he keeps this up) will be Jonathan Stewart of the Panthers, possibly McFadden if he can have another game like the KC game.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: Anyone catch the Falcons game?.   Anyone catch the Falcons game?. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:32 am

I agree, he will become a great quarterback if the organization gives him the tools to do so. He has played very well so far, but I don't see him keeping it up all year long. That pass to Jenkins was great, but I don't think he gets as much out of him as he can be. Jenkins is a very talented, very athletic reciever who could be very efective alongside Roddy White. IMO both Cutler and Rivers are MUCH better QBs right now, no comparison. We still don't know what we have with Matt Ryan. It takes most QBs a few years to learn offenses, be able to read a defense, and build a good repore with your recievers. I think Ryan will be great in the future, I don't know if he will be as good as Peyton though. That is predicting a Hall of Fame career out of him, and 5 games is too early for that Very Happy

Whoever posted the link for justin.tv thank you very much. I have used this the last few weekends to watch games that aren't on in my area, and loving it. I recommend anyone who hates that there is only one game on in the afternoon to check it out. Just search for NFL this sunday and it should have some games on.

x Ricky87 x wrote:
I agree, he will definitely have his ups and downs, but I'm very curious to see is if he can manage to increase his role in the offense. Michael Turner struggled, yet I was very surprised that Matt's game wasn't affected by that at all. Also, he seems to really have a great connection with Roddy White, who is turning out to be really talented, and I think he does a great job learning the skills of his recievers. He did an amazing job using Roddy's ability to go up and get it, and he has a group of other recievers who he went to perfectly in the game. Especially how he managed to hit Michael Jenkins right on target; that was one of the best throws I've seen all year. I know it's still early, but I completely agree with PaperLantern about rookie of the year. If Matt Ryan keeps winning, he'll get RoTY for sure. Another thing I really liked about Matt Ryan, is that he stays extremely cool even when plays are called back from penalties. Most young QB's tend to swear and look angry, but he just remains calm and immediately thinks about the next play. The complete opposite of Jay Cutler and Phillip Rivers. It took both of those guys a few years before they showed anything good, and they still aren't much better than Matt Ryan is now, in my opinion. My prediction is that Matt Ryan will exceed any of the QB's drafted in the last 3 years, and will turnout to be alot like Peyton, except for maybe the arm, but overall he reminds me alot of him. I hope I get more Falcons games on cable, and I really want Atlanta to make the playoffs. Maybe they will, and maybe they won't, but either way I think their really starting to build a solid franchise!.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone catch the Falcons game?.   Anyone catch the Falcons game?. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone catch the Falcons game?.
Page 1 of 1