Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trade Rules (From ADMIN)

Go down 
+3
PaulZweber
PaperLantern
ch46647
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ch46647

ch46647

Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Empty
PostSubject: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 2:36 pm

Ok guys this is one part of the league we will have very strict rules on. We need to make sure people do not get carried away with this and that everything remains fair. Here are the RULES for Trading handed down from the ADMIN. If anyone breaks any of these rules it will be an immediate ejection from our League:

1. Each team is ONLY allowed 2 trades

2. You cannot start trading or discussing Trades until the Wends after Week 1 of the Pre-Season

3. The trades are 1 for 1 (As the XBOX allows)

4. Trades must be discussed in the forum under the TRADES thread which we will open at a little later date.

5. When 2 users have come to terms on a trade they *MUST* PM the ADMIN letting him know so he can either approve or deny it.

6. If your trade is denied for whatever reason there is to be no arguing with the ADMIN

7. If you get an ok from the ADMIN you must go into the XBOX and do it through the On-Line Database

8. Finally, when the trade is complete you must post your completed trade in the PLAYERS transaction thread so everyone can see what trade has been made. (This thread will be open at a later date)

9. Have Fun! cheers
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 2:58 pm

I think there should be a rule that prevents people from trading players after they've been eliminated from the playoff picture. That way we don't get people trading all their good players to a contending team.

And I'm talking about like teams that are 0-5 and have no way of making it.
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 3:10 pm

We will look into making a trade deadline and update the rules post when we figure it out. Thanks for the insight!
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 3:17 pm

ch46647 wrote:
We will look into making a trade deadline and update the rules post when we figure it out. Thanks for the insight!
Not a trade deadline per se, because a trade deadline is needed... but a trade deadline would either be too early and prevent people from learning enough about what they need, or too late and still allow bad teams to trade away their good players. See what I'm saying?
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 3:19 pm

Actually, now that I think about it, I suppose we could allow the eliminated teams to trade, as long as it isn't a completely lopsided trade that only helps one team. I mean, if I was 0-5, I might want to trade some of my players to change the look of my team so I can at least salvage a few wins and save the embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 3:22 pm

Remember all trades will be looked over by the ADMIN before any transaction can take place. And we are only allowing 2 trades per team so no one will be changing their whole team or anything.
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 3:23 pm

ch46647 wrote:
Remember all trades will be looked over by the ADMIN before any transaction can take place. And we are only allowing 2 trades per team so no one will be changing their whole team or anything.
Ah, touche!
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:03 pm

Great rules, they are needed for sure. Admin approves, is Admin one user or a few? ch seems to be taking an active Admin role setting this up, how about more than one person approve the trade? We don't need to know who. Just an idea, nothing against Admin.
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Everything will go through the ADMIN. He is the one who set all this up and it is his league. I am working with him however to help.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Yes, Ch has helped me out a lot with all of this !!!

but I was thinking while a trade is ready to take place, two owners should post on the appropriate thread which will be made hopefully soon. Then I will ask two other members (randomly) if they would approve of the trade, and then approve it from there...Once we get all rules clarified there will be an Official Rules Thread which will be more Organized for viewing purposes
Back to top Go down
https://touchdowntuesdays.forumotion.net
Tengo Juego

Tengo Juego

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:22 pm

Hopefully we can get the most updated rosters for our league once the regular season starts. If EA has not updated. You think we could use a user updated roster?

And what about Free Agency? Any rules on that?
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 6:30 pm

Thank you both!
That is an awesome idea, just so users can not say anything about bias.

Admin wrote:
Yes, Ch has helped me out a lot with all of this !!!

but I was thinking while a trade is ready to take place, two owners should post on the appropriate thread which will be made hopefully soon. Then I will ask two other members (randomly) if they would approve of the trade, and then approve it from there...Once we get all rules clarified there will be an Official Rules Thread which will be more Organized for viewing purposes
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 6:31 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think there are Free Agents in online leagues.

Tengo Juego wrote:
Hopefully we can get the most updated rosters for our league once the regular season starts. If EA has not updated. You think we could use a user updated roster?

Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 6:38 pm

I was curious about player updates and free agency as well. I don't see a completely fair way to sign free agents but you might need to after a trade. also would it be possible to trade a good player for an alright player and have the same team do a similair trade back. ex: trade chad johnson (cin) for javon walker (oak), then have them trade nnamdi osomouga (oak) for jonathan joseph (cin) to bulk up different positions.
Back to top Go down
Tengo Juego

Tengo Juego

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:29 pm

PaulZweber wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think there are Free Agents in online leagues.

Tengo Juego wrote:

You could be right. I'm just not sure.
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:49 pm

There definitly needs to be a rule in place to prevent users from having a "fire sale" just because they're out of playoff contention. I think the there should be no exact limit on how many players are allowed to be traded simply because if a lower ranked team is trying to make a trade for a pro bowl caliber player they really can't without involving other players simply because of ratings. In other words the richer will get richer and the poorer will get nothing at all. I've seen it happen in other leagues where I played as my Pittsburgh Pirates in MLB 2K and couldn't make a trade to save my life. Another option would be to possibly allow the teams ranked 1-10 to trade only 3 to 4 players total, the teams ranked 11-20 trade 4-5 players total and allow the teams rated 21-32 to trade 5-6 total. The team rankings would be based on the default online rosters and every trade would be subject to admin review. If we do it this way it'll definitly make trading exciting for all 32 owners but, at the same time act as a salary cap.

From what I've heard I'm pretty sure there's no free agents in league play. If there were then that'd make everything a whole lot easier.
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:07 am

The league only allows for 1 v 1 trades. Our rules will stand. Some good points though
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:37 am

I wasn't saying trade say 5 players for 3. Here's an example of what I mean. The lower tier teams would be allowed to make more individual trades than teams that are more upper tier. This would allow for more flexibility realistically. Every trade would be 1 for 1. Let's say you wanted to acquire a WR that's rated in the 90's. You could go about it like this.

Owner 1 would trade:
1. WR - 90
2. CB - 73
3. LB - 81

Owner 2 would trade:
1. WR - 74
2. CB - 88
3. LB - 82

A system built like this would allow teams to adequately repaid their weaknesses as they see fit along the lines of the salary cap based on overall team ratings.
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:46 am

AftershockFx wrote:
I wasn't saying trade say 5 players for 3. Here's an example of what I mean. The lower tier teams would be allowed to make more individual trades than teams that are more upper tier. This would allow for more flexibility realistically. Every trade would be 1 for 1. Let's say you wanted to acquire a WR that's rated in the 90's. You could go about it like this.

Owner 1 would trade:
1. WR - 90
2. CB - 73
3. LB - 81

Owner 2 would trade:
1. WR - 74
2. CB - 88
3. LB - 82

A system built like this would allow teams to adequately repaid their weaknesses as they see fit along the lines of the salary cap based on overall team ratings.
And it's a clever workaround for the 1 for 1 trades that the game limits us to.
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 2:09 am

To clarify, there are NO free-agents availiable in these leagues so you dont have to worry about that. EA says they will be putting out a roster update once every 2 weeks so obviously those are the rosters we will use.(constantly updating)

I have enjoyed reading your posts about the trades, and you bring up some excellent points. However the ADMIN and I have talked in length about these trade rules, and we will stand by the original rules posted for this league. It is the most organized and simple way to do it and it keeps things from getting out of hand. In all honesty we dont want the teams to change that much (at first we werent going to allow trades at all)

If this league goes to plan and runs smoothly and we get a great group of guys out of it. We will be continuing this league into more seasons. Maybe next season we can look into expanding the trade rules, but for this league they will remain as is. Thanks
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 2:15 am

ch46647 wrote:
To clarify, there are NO free-agents availiable in these leagues so you dont have to worry about that. EA says they will be putting out a roster update once every 2 weeks so obviously those are the rosters we will use.(constantly updating)

I have enjoyed reading your posts about the trades, and you bring up some excellent points. However the ADMIN and I have talked in length about these trade rules, and we will stand by the original rules posted for this league. It is the most organized and simple way to do it and it keeps things from getting out of hand. In all honesty we dont want the teams to change that much (at first we werent going to allow trades at all)

If this league goes to plan and runs smoothly and we get a great group of guys out of it. We will be continuing this league into more seasons. Maybe next season we can look into expanding the trade rules, but for this league they will remain as is. Thanks
Actually, I think whatever roster you start out with in the league is the roster you use throughout the season. it wouldn't make sense to make a big trade and then just have it reset by the roster update. This puts us in a position where we have to decide whether to start the league before or after the first roster update. I have a feeling i know what the owner of the Jets in this league will say Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 2:22 am

You might actually be right about that. Just so you know I do not believe we will even be opening the On-Line league until after the pre-season. The on-line database has no option for "pre-season" The pre-season will be run through these threads and we will iron things out, as well as make sure all the owners are legit and dedicated. Then open the OFFICIAL on-line league through the box maybe the Friday before our first regular season game. By this time we will probably be 2 roster updates in.

The ADMIN and I will talk about when we will officially open the league through the XBOX, and let you guys know at some point in the near future. Hope this helps
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 2:24 am

So we're not acknowledging the NFL trade deadline at week 6?
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:32 am

ADMIN will post Trade Deadline shortly. Thanks
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:15 pm

I was just posting some suggestions since trades were going to be allowed. Personally I don't like to make any trades if at all. Smile. Thanks for hearing me out though, maybe next season Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trade Rules (From ADMIN)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next