Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trade Rules (From ADMIN)

Go down 
+3
PaulZweber
PaperLantern
ch46647
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 2:02 pm

So do the roster updates remove the trades already made?

Actually, I think whatever roster you start out with in the league is the roster you use throughout the season. it wouldn't make sense to make a big trade and then just have it reset by the roster update. This puts us in a position where we have to decide whether to start the league before or after the first roster update. I have a feeling i know what the owner of the Jets in this league will say Very Happy[/quote]
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:31 pm

The ADMIN and I discussed this today. I believe he will be opening the official league (Throught the XBOX) Friday before opening weekend. The entire pre-season will be run through here. I am sure he will post to verify at some point in the near future.

This will give us time to iron things out, make sure we want to keep all users and they are commited, as well as probably get 2 roster updates before we open everything up.
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:30 pm

ch46647 wrote:
The ADMIN and I discussed this today. I believe he will be opening the official league (Throught the XBOX) Friday before opening weekend. The entire pre-season will be run through here. I am sure he will post to verify at some point in the near future.

This will give us time to iron things out, make sure we want to keep all users and they are commited, as well as probably get 2 roster updates before we open everything up.

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:37 pm

AftershockFx wrote:

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:12 pm

As of now, we will be opening the league the Friday or so before the first regular season game. As stated before we will be doing the pre-season through the league website. I will post pre-season schedule, and other important things around SAT or SUN so keep a lookout for those, glad to see everyone is using the site, and am still taking everyones rules into consideraion.
Back to top Go down
https://touchdowntuesdays.forumotion.net
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:09 pm

I know the trade rules are pretty much set in stone, but there will be clear disadvantages to some teams, I personally think trades for ex. WR: ovr 95 & CB: ovr 85 for CB: ovr 95 & WR: ovr 85 will be neccesary for poorly rated teams. this can be done by 2 part trades that is no more difficult than 2 1 for 1 trades. for the sake of having fun bad teams should have some advantage. otherwise teams like IND, DAL, and NE will benefit in trades and team rating. otherwise owners w/ bad teams might lose interest.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:16 pm

If the worse rated teams are allowed more trades, wont that force them to trade with each other once the higher rated teams have used up there allowed trades?

xKillmatic wrote:
I know the trade rules are pretty much set in stone, but there will be clear disadvantages to some teams, I personally think trades for ex. WR: ovr 95 & CB: ovr 85 for CB: ovr 95 & WR: ovr 85 will be neccesary for poorly rated teams. this can be done by 2 part trades that is no more difficult than 2 1 for 1 trades. for the sake of having fun bad teams should have some advantage. otherwise teams like IND, DAL, and NE will benefit in trades and team rating. otherwise owners w/ bad teams might lose interest.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:20 pm

also, I think that re-picking teams the next time we have a season (given it goes as planned) should be similair to the draft where the worst teams get the best next time and vise-versa. that way there's no elite owners constantly playing with the highest rated teams. Just a suggestion you don't have to like it. -thanks-
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:23 pm

I am sorry but your first sentence was correct as these rules are set in stone. Myself and the ADMIN understand where some of you are coming from however we made the decision to make these rules and keep them as is. No two trades would ever make a great team bad or a bad team great anyway. (Unless it includes a Manning, Brady, etc but who is going to give them up 1 for 1)

We feel this league is going to be very fun win or lose. Its pretty much one night a week where everyone is guaranteed a good fair game of Madden with a structured set up through this site, and the basic XBOX set up. The ADMIN is working VERY hard to put all this together and I'm sure will throughout. The goal is to have fun and meet a bunch of guys who like to play the same way, SIM. If this league goes well you can bet the ADMIN will be doing another one in the future and taking all the guys who were good users with him. The two trades are pretty much just an added bonus to spice things up a bit.

And yes we would definitely consider giving the guys who had the poorer teams a better choice in the next one. If it makes you feel any better I was the 4th person into the league and I took the 4-12 Ravens. affraid
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:38 pm

I have the panthers so I'm not complaining, I apologize if it comes off that way. I just thought I'd put my ideas out there. but your right win or lose it's about having fun, so I understand trading is't meant to rebuild bad teams to good ones. It will be a great league so I'll stop posting changes to it, and just have fun with it as is. by the way the Raven's are my favorite team I'd pick them #1 if I had the chance, they're way better than their record gives them credit for.
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:44 pm

I did not want to come off as I didnt want you to post suggestions by any means. Guys, we want everyone to post suggestions and ideas and be as active on this site as possible. These particular trade rules will not be changed I just wanted to make sure you guys knew that ahead of time. By the way you and your brother should get avatars like we have. (The little logos under our names so you can see what team we have) That was a great suggestion by Dan by the way!
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:53 pm

ch, have you been keeping up to date on the os board?

Do you mind my avatar? I figure it has my logo and its the only ring I will see from this league Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:05 pm

Yes I have, and the avatar is fantastic. More to come tonight!
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:31 pm

xKillmatic wrote:
also, I think that re-picking teams the next time we have a season (given it goes as planned) should be similair to the draft where the worst teams get the best next time and vise-versa. that way there's no elite owners constantly playing with the highest rated teams. Just a suggestion you don't have to like it. -thanks-
Yeah we should do that. And if someone joins the league to replace someone who left after the Super Bowl, they should get bumped to the back of the order, which is only fair.

I really like this idea if we are in fact going to do multiple leagues. And maybe there could be some note in our profile on this site saying how good or bad we've done over the years with different teams. Something like that.
Back to top Go down
Tengo Juego

Tengo Juego

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 10:24 pm

I want to keep my packers next season/league Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 2:52 pm

Tengo Juego wrote:
That made me think for a second... Let's say a team is like 2-8 and out of the playoffs, chances are if we did the picking teams in reverse order by record, that person would just throw the rest of the season in order to get a high pick (like the real NFL, lol). We want this league to stay competitive, so maybe picking new teams isn't such a good idea.
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 2:59 pm

PaperLantern wrote:
Tengo Juego wrote:
That made me think for a second... Let's say a team is like 2-8 and out of the playoffs, chances are if we did the picking teams in reverse order by record, that person would just throw the rest of the season in order to get a high pick (like the real NFL, lol). We want this league to stay competitive, so maybe picking new teams isn't such a good idea.

Yeah that isn't a good idea to switch teams really. We'll end up having games like the 49ers/Texans did when Reggie Bush was coming out of USC lol. Not to mention I want to use my Steelers next year as well.
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 3:04 pm

^^^^^^ We will get to this issue at a later date. For now lets just make this league a success and build a solid foundation for the future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 3:12 pm

aftershock fx - i hate the steelers but that is a kick ass avatar!! did you make that yourself or find it somewhere?
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 3:16 pm

AftershockFx wrote:
PaperLantern wrote:
Tengo Juego wrote:

Yeah that isn't a good idea to switch teams really. We'll end up having games like the 49ers/Texans did when Reggie Bush was coming out of USC lol. Not to mention I want to use my Steelers next year as well.
Haha yeah you just changed you avatar! VERY nice!!! Is there a website with a bunch of NFL logos like that?
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:45 pm

zeke_da_freak2 wrote:
aftershock fx - i hate the steelers but that is a kick ass avatar!! did you make that yourself or find it somewhere?

PaperLantern wrote:
AftershockFx wrote:
PaperLantern wrote:
Tengo Juego wrote:

Haha yeah you just changed you avatar! VERY nice!!! Is there a website with a bunch of NFL logos like that?

No I just went to Photobucket.com and typed in Steelers to see what'd come up and I found it. Maybe you could do something similar with the Dolphins or Bengles ?
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:49 pm

I agree, that steelers avatar looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trade Rules (From ADMIN)   Trade Rules (From ADMIN) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trade Rules (From ADMIN)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2