Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So which owner made the best trade moves so far?

Go down 
+4
Radi0ActivWaste
x Ricky87 x
xKillmatic
Juice Malone
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Empty
PostSubject: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:15 pm

I got to give the #1 vote to True Joker. Adding Roy Williams to the already beastly recieving core of T.O. and Crayton easily gives him the best offense in the league and eventhough he lost Barber he should be able to make up for it with Felix Jones' speed. Romo's job just got a lot easier.

His week 1 game report scared me into trading away my starting QB for an FS.

#2 goes to Kolpro in my opinion. His defense is really good, but it will only get him so far, and Hester isnt an explosive player unless you get him the ball. Now that he has Jason Campbell (86 ovr) behind center he has a legitimate passing attack that should allow him to capitalize on the oppurtunities his defense is sure to give him. He gave up a great defensive player in Mike Brown (87 ovr FS) to get him, but he has plenty of talent on D to make up for his absence, and Manning (80 ovr FS) should fill the starting role nicely. If he can land a better RB or maybe another WR to help out Hester and Booker with his last trade he could put together a very balanced team that can make some noise in the NFC North.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:40 pm

I agree that adding Roy Williams was a great move seeing he already has Felix Jones, but if x Ricky 87 x (my brother) did'nt have his game disconnected last night while he was winning, he would have probably had 200+yds and a few TD's with Marion Barber, and doing the right thing he opted to just restart the game fresh against the falcons this afternoon and won, and he had like 200yds receiving and 4TD's with Calvin Johnson so you know he's not missing Williams that much.
And trust me I'm not saying that because he's my brother, I'm more critical of his madden abilities than anybody I would never BS about how good he is, so honestly I would have to give him the award because he's undefeated in this league and has done a great job adressing needs.
Also if you looked at Radioactivewaste's trade of the best LT in the game Jason Peters for Joe Flacco, and Marshawn Lynch for Deangello Williams you would immediately question his logic based on overall rating, but he beat a very good Seahawks team and Joe Flacco was amazing for him, also Deangello Williams had 100+ receiving yds, so I would give him an easy #2 trade maker, especially seeing he knew exactly what he wanted, took a risk, and ended up looking like a genious.
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:45 pm

Until the buffalo owner wins a few more games im hesitant to call him a genious.

I mean damn Marshawn Lynch is amazing. What cant this guy do? He can run up the gut, take an outside run for a big gain, catch a screenpass and run over some people. Unbelievable combo of speed and power.

I think he could of done better than flacco too. He gave up a guy that would help his running game immensely for a guy that is a small upgrade over Trent Edwards.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:49 pm

Juice Malone wrote:
Until the buffalo owner wins a few more games im hesitant to call him a genious.

I mean damn Marshawn Lynch is amazing. What cant this guy do? He can run up the gut, take a sweep for a big gain, catch a screenpass and run over some people on his way to a big gain.
I'm just saying, he said he knew what players would work for his team, he took a huge chance and whooped the seahawks, Kolpro just made a trade that noone would refuse and Radioactive proved that he could win with his team, that's all that matters.
He did better with Williams Than I did with Lynch, and his passing game proved he did'nt need Peters.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:54 pm

Juice Malone wrote:

I think he could of done better than flacco too. He gave up a guy that would help his running game immensely for a guy that is a small upgrade over Trent Edwards.
there was noone better than Flacco up for trade, he said he would've liked Campbell but you did'nt have him up for trade at that point, which in my opinion Jason Peters would have been much better than Mike Brown.
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:57 pm

xKillmatic wrote:
Juice Malone wrote:

I mean damn Marshawn Lynch is amazing. What cant this guy do? He can run up the gut, take a sweep for a big gain, catch a screenpass and run over some people on his way to a big gain.
I'm just saying, he said he knew what players would work for his team, he took a huge chance and whooped the seahawks, Kolpro just made a trade that noone would refuse and Radioactive proved that he could win with his team, that's all that matters.
He did better with Williams Than I did with Lynch, and his passing game proved he did'nt need Peters.

We'll see i guess.

Maybe Kolpro did make a trade that alot of people would have accepted, but its a huge upgrade for an almost non existant offense. Devon Hester cant do everything someone's got to throw him the ball where he can make a play. The combo of Campbell and Hester will take alot of pressure off a great defense and that means he will be in position to win alot more ball games.

Last edited by Juice Malone on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:06 am

xKillmatic wrote:
Juice Malone wrote:

there was noone better than Flacco up for trade, he said he would've liked Campbell but you did'nt have him up for trade at that point, which in my opinion Jason Peters would have been much better than Mike Brown.

Did he try and get Warner, Leinart or Brady Quinn? Seneca Wallace could have been good too if used properly. I offered him Collins (85ovr), but he didnt want him.

Flacco has the same ovr as Edwards and Losman and his throwing stats arent that much better. Edwards has 90thp and 87tha Losman has 94 thp and 80tha Flacco has 97thp 83 acc. I dont see the huge upgrade here. If he traded a player with a similar ovr for flacco than i would agree, but he traded the best offensive lineman around period. McGahee needs to send him a thank you letter.

I'll eat my words if he makes the playoffs, but until then i dont think it was wise.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:22 am

I agree with all your points, and not to sound judicial, but I still think everyone is a winner, for now. Sure, some of us will be served losses, because of poor performances from the players we acquired, but so far we have all had success. RadioActiv won with Flacco, TrueJoker won with Williams, and I won with Barber. You and Kolpro haven't had a chance to play with your new players, but I'm sure you both feel good about what you got. I'm not going to say their is no losers, because at some point we the trades will prove to be good or bad, but so far there has been much method to the madness.
That being said, I do think that there has been some trades that really favor a team. Kolpro was in desperate need of a QB, and he was able to get a good one in Campbell, and his defence is just to good to be greatly affected by the loss of Mike Brown, so I think that was a great trade. I had 4 recievers rated 84+, and I would have only been able to get Warrick Dunn for Shaun McDonald, so trading Marion Barber (94) for Roy Williams (92) was great for me. I now have a top 5 back, and still have a top 5 recieving core, so I feel I got alot better through the trade. TrueJoker hated Barber, and he already had the best o-line, and no #2 or #3 WR, so he was right to trade for Williams. The only way there could even be a loser in that trade is if I get burnt by Williams in a playoff game, or he gets pummeled by Barber, but otherwise we both got alot better. I mean, the Lions were an overall 78 before Barber, and now there an overall 85, so that's a definite improvement!.
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:49 am

x Ricky87 x wrote:
I agree with all your points, and not to sound judicial, but I still think everyone is a winner, for now. Sure, some of us will be served losses, because of poor performances from the players we acquired, but so far we have all had success. RadioActiv won with Flacco, TrueJoker won with Williams, and I won with Barber. You and Kolpro haven't had a chance to play with your new players, but I'm sure you both feel good about what you got. I'm not going to say their is no losers, because at some point we the trades will prove to be good or bad, but so far there has been much method to the madness.
That being said, I do think that there has been some trades that really favor a team. Kolpro was in desperate need of a QB, and he was able to get a good one in Campbell, and his defence is just to good to be greatly affected by the loss of Mike Brown, so I think that was a great trade. I had 4 recievers rated 84+, and I would have only been able to get Warrick Dunn for Shaun McDonald, so trading Marion Barber (94) for Roy Williams (92) was great for me. I now have a top 5 back, and still have a top 5 recieving core, so I feel I got alot better through the trade. TrueJoker hated Barber, and he already had the best o-line, and no #2 or #3 WR, so he was right to trade for Williams. The only way there could even be a loser in that trade is if I get burnt by Williams in a playoff game, or he gets pummeled by Barber, but otherwise we both got alot better. I mean, the Lions were an overall 78 before Barber, and now there an overall 85, so that's a definite improvement!.

It was a great trade for you definately, I agree. You and True Joker gained alot. I just think his end of it is a little better because he has a QB who can get the ball to all those great recievers with ease and I dont believe there is a secondary in the game that can consistently defend the variety of pass plays the Cowboys will throw at you. You have two elite recievers that demand a double team, but you simply cant favor any one reciever or you'll get killed. Anything those two dont get Patrick Crayton will surely catch and Jason Witten will get whats left over. I'm scared to death of these guys, I have to play them twice!

Marion Barber is awesome dont get me wrong, but in my opinion hes not as scary as Tony Romo having trouble deciding whether to throw to TO, Roy Williams, or Patrick Crayton.

Yea me and Kolpro dont know how our new players will fit in, but i dont see how these could be seen as bad moves. If Campbell cant turn the Bears into a half way decent offense then something is wrong. I traded Randle El (83) for Cotchery(90) and Campbell for Mike Brown. Cotchery will catch anything thrown his way and i still have Santana Moss, so i wont miss Randle El's speed and ability to rack up yac that much. Randle El also frustrated me with his inabilty to catch the ball in traffic, all that speed and elusiveness doesnt matter if you drop the ball when someone breathes on you. A possesion reciever will also fit well into a new offensive system that features Todd Collins at QB, so that ended up working out well even if i wasnt planning for it. Mike Brown (87ovr) replaces a safety that was a 76 overall, my only weakness on defense. I really dont see how these trades wont work out other than the fact that Collins may not perform as well as Campbell due to their differen styles of play (lots of accuracy vs lots of power). If that happens than Colt Brennan will get a shot to prove himself, no big deal. It just didnt make sense to waste 3 qbs capable of starting in this league by letting 2 of them rot on the bench, so i decided to improve the one position that i had a weakness at.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:39 am

Ya, I would agree that Roy Williams helped me more than Barber helped him. Also I completely forgot to mention Jerricho Cotchery. Alot like the Panthers trading for Marshawn Lynch, because you both got excellent players due to the the fact the other owners wanted speed. I do think he will miss Jerricho Cotchery, because he's a ridiculous WR. He plays alot like Brandon Marshall, in my opinion. Randle-El is good, but he isn't very reliable, which makes him a bit of a liability.
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 am

x Ricky87 x wrote:
Ya, I would agree that Roy Williams helped me more than Barber helped him. Also I completely forgot to mention Jerricho Cotchery. Alot like the Panthers trading for Marshawn Lynch, because you both got excellent players due to the the fact the other owners wanted speed. I do think he will miss Jerricho Cotchery, because he's a ridiculous WR. He plays alot like Brandon Marshall, in my opinion. Randle-El is good, but he isn't very reliable, which makes him a bit of a liability.

Yea, i was hoping to trade him to the dolphins for Wilford (glad i didnt cause his rating dropped) or maybe even to Dallas for Crayton if true joker wanted some speed. I really wanted a possesion guy to balance out my recieving core. You better believe that I jumped at the chance to snatch up Cotchery. Is there a better pure possesion reciever in the game other than TO or Brandon Marshall?

If there is one team that can take advantage of a reciever's speed though, its the Jets. Brett Favre can throw it to the next county so it helps to have two guys who can run under a deep ball. I doubt hell ever have to worry about overthrowing Randle El or Coles. Randle El is also in my opinion the best reciever in Madden 09 when it comes to making something happen on a WR screen pass. His speed and acceleration combined with his ability to avoid tackles makes him a threat everytime he gets the ball in space. This is the one thing ill really miss about him because he damn sure couldnt catch a ball across the middle. His kick returning ability will also help out your offense too. Randle El can only do one thing well, get lots of yac, but he does it better than just about any reciever in the game.

Mookie should be able to take advantage of teams that focus on Coles to much. Getting the ball to an open Randle El is an easy way to rack up yards. It might turn out to be a great trade for him despite the fact that he let go of one of the games best overall possesion recievers. He just needs to learn how to play to Randle El's strengths. It could really open up the rush for his army of running backs too because no team is gonna risk bringing the safeties and corners up close to the line with those two lined up at WR.
Back to top Go down
Radi0ActivWaste

Radi0ActivWaste

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:14 am

well to comment on what you said juice. i said before that i didnt like marshawns style of play and i dont like playing with power backs and that im better with elusive backs. its the same as Joker going with felix jones over marion barber and marion barber if freakin amazing as well. so the reason why i didnt do so well in the preseason and only losing by a td each game is that i never ran the ball because i didnt like marshawn and i threw like fuckin so many picks because i dont like losman or edwards because they dont have good arm strengh compared to 97 thp for flacco. and now that i have williams and flacco. and i beat the seahawks 48-17( no offense to him thoe) i think that tells you that i made perfect trade and that ill be doing alot better during the regular season.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:42 am

2 things about that, R. Williams is rated low 90's and Barber is rated mid 90s unlike Flacco rated in the 70s for a LT thats rated in the 90s. When I heard that trade I had no idea how they let you make it, also I saw Flacco had 2 INT's in your season game as well apparently his arm isnt that great lol!

My entire thing about madden is it's not so much who you have on your team, it's more how you play defense and throw your passes. I have had success with awful QB's and have had big downfalls with great QB's (ie Manning) this game is great for the reason it gives a chance for Dolphins to beat the Pats (I beat the pats with the fins) as long as you play good defense and know the guys tendencies on what D to play. I will say this with my WR cor you will get destroyed in man coverage, haha
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:26 am

Wayne, Harrison, Gonzalez, Clark = Owens, Williams, Crayton, Witten

Manning > Romo

TrueJoker > Me

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:27 am

^^^ Haha classic
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:33 pm

Radi0ActivWaste wrote:
well to comment on what you said juice. i said before that i didnt like marshawns style of play and i dont like playing with power backs and that im better with elusive backs. its the same as Joker going with felix jones over marion barber and marion barber if freakin amazing as well. so the reason why i didnt do so well in the preseason and only losing by a td each game is that i never ran the ball because i didnt like marshawn and i threw like fuckin so many picks because i dont like losman or edwards because they dont have good arm strengh compared to 97 thp for flacco. and now that i have williams and flacco. and i beat the seahawks 48-17( no offense to him thoe) i think that tells you that i made perfect trade and that ill be doing alot better during the regular season.

Trading lynch wasnt so bad since the guy you have is really fast, but your primary reason for getting Flacco was his cannon arm, right? Losman has 94 thp is it really that a big of a difference compared to Flacco's 97thp? You pretty much traded the best offensive lineman in the game for a +3 thp. If you dont make the playoffs it will easily be the worst trade in the league.

The fact that you beat the Seahawks doesnt make it the perfect trade. I dont know how good that owner is with the Seahawks. He might be uncomfortable with a West Coast offense or he might be struggling because he likes to run the ball and the Seahawks dont have good RBs. Beat a few more good teams before you call it perfect.

Last edited by Juice Malone on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:41 pm

TheTrueJ0KER wrote:
2 things about that, R. Williams is rated low 90's and Barber is rated mid 90s unlike Flacco rated in the 70s for a LT thats rated in the 90s. When I heard that trade I had no idea how they let you make it, also I saw Flacco had 2 INT's in your season game as well apparently his arm isnt that great lol!

Yea that trade made sense because your team is capable of adapting to any style of play on offense. Passs heavy, smash mouth, doesnt matter. R Williams can do alot more damage with Romo behind center too. Its great for the Lions also, but Barber wont have that same O line that he had in Dallas. He'll always be able to get positive yards with ease, but just not as easily as on Cowboys. It depends alot on the defense he goes up against too though.

Flacco had 2 ints? Everyone is making it sound like the guy had a qb rating of 140. I dont see how Losman (with an LT in the 90s blocking for him) could have been much worse.

Yea i thought a trade like that (player in the 90s for player in the 70s) would be denied also. Maybe there is another method to deciding what players can be traded or not. I'm guessing it was approved because it was a trade of two starters.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:02 pm

So, without seeing the Buffalo/Seattle game, or playing against the Bills, you can tell me that he made bad trades? No, no you can not. If you want to try to decide who made good trades BASED ON ONE GAME, then he might be GM of the Year. He felt no extra pressure due to Peters replacement, I thought he only threw one pick, and Williams had over 100 yards recieving. I watched the game, the outcome was not in doubt after the first time Buffalo scored. I know, I watched it. You don't, you didn't.

The Seahawks owner is pretty familiar with the team, considering we live an hour North of Seattle, regularly attend games, and watch them every weekend. He is a decent player, middle of the pack I would say.

This whole arguement is stupid really, and means nothing. You can not tell who got the better deal based on one game. It takes real teams years to determine the "winner." The few extra throwing power points make a big difference when going deep to a guy like Lee Evans, or making bullet passes to DeAngelo Williams on a angle route. To me, making a horrible team a potential contender is a much better General Manager move than taking a Super Bowl contender and adding another reciever. (No offense Joker)
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:42 pm

PaulZweber wrote:
So, without seeing the Buffalo/Seattle game, or playing against the Bills, you can tell me that he made bad trades? No, no you can not. If you want to try to decide who made good trades BASED ON ONE GAME, then he might be GM of the Year. He felt no extra pressure due to Peters replacement, I thought he only threw one pick, and Williams had over 100 yards recieving. I watched the game, the outcome was not in doubt after the first time Buffalo scored. I know, I watched it. You don't, you didn't.

The Seahawks owner is pretty familiar with the team, considering we live an hour North of Seattle, regularly attend games, and watch them every weekend. He is a decent player, middle of the pack I would say.

This whole arguement is stupid really, and means nothing. You can not tell who got the better deal based on one game. It takes real teams years to determine the "winner." The few extra throwing power points make a big difference when going deep to a guy like Lee Evans, or making bullet passes to DeAngelo Williams on a angle route. To me, making a horrible team a potential contender is a much better General Manager move than taking a Super Bowl contender and adding another reciever. (No offense Joker)

Relax, its just speculation no one's calling any one a bad owner.

I responded like that to the Bills owner because he called it the "perfect trade".

I'm glad to here that the Seahawks owner is familiar with that team, that makes the win more impressive. I congratulate Radioactive on the victory.

I agree that turning a bottom feeder into a contender is more impressive than making a stacked team more effective, but I still think Joker made a good move. Man coverage is now pretty much impossible against him in many situations doesnt matter what team is playing D. Even if he had LT runing behind that great O Line, a good front 7 could probably get to him. The best secondary will struggle against that recieving core in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:50 pm

Radi0ActivWaste wrote:

Honestly I think the Jason Peters for Joe Flacco trade was the worst one in the league. If you were looking for a cannon arm would you have sent me Jason Peters for Byron Leftwich ? If so I'd call that terrible judgment. Losman and Edwards aren't nearly as bad as you made them out to be. Like any player in Madden you just have to play to their strengths and weaknesses. Personally if I was running the Bills I wouldn't have delt Jason Peters.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:54 pm

PaulZweber wrote:

that was my point, I mean no disrespect to joker or kolpro by saying radioactives trade was better, but you're absolutely right, joker has a great team already he just made it better, which is great don't get me wrong.
But radioactive has the bills, and traded his two best offensive players taking a huge risk, but he knew what he was doing for sure, yes time will tell and one game does'nt mean everything, but the question was who I felt made the best trades, so the Lions and Bills are my answer, because they have to get every win they can to have a chance at the post-season, and they made moves based on knowledge of their gameplay and division, and are getting pretty a impressive jump to the season.
Also that Lee Evans point is a great one, +3 power means everything to a deep WR like him, and he got Williams off of me because he wanted a good receiving RB with speed and elusiveness, and with his 100+ yds receiving with Williams, and my 77yds rushing with Lynch I would say he did exactly what he wanted.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:54 pm

I think man coverage was already a horrible idea against Dallas, it makes it TD city if used now. A good front seven could get LT, but any linebacker is liable for a pick every play as well. I am not saying that anyone made bad moves, I think if everyone is happy then all trades were good ones.

Juice Malone wrote:
Relax, its just speculation no one's calling any one a bad owner.

I responded like that to the Bills owner because he called it the "perfect trade".

I'm glad to here that the Seahawks owner is familiar with that team, that makes the win more impressive. I congratulate Radioactive on the victory.

I agree that turning a bottom feeder into a contender is more impressive than making a stacked team more effective, but I still think Joker made a good move. Man coverage is now pretty much impossible against him in many situations doesnt matter what team is playing D. Even if he had LT runing behind that great O Line, a good front 7 could probably get to him. The best secondary will struggle against that recieving core in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:59 pm

You and I are on the same page on this on Killer. The way I see it, he is happy with the risk he took, AND has already seen rewards. Doesn't look like a bad deal to me. If he makes quick passes when pressure comes and takes his time when it doesn't, then offensive linemen do not matter much. Instead of adapting to his players, he chose to adapt the team to his style. Remember, he wasn't given a choice what team to play with, I am pretty sure he was a replacement.

xKillmatic wrote:
that was my point, I mean no disrespect to joker or kolpro by saying radioactives trade was better, but you're absolutely right, joker has a great team already he just made it better, which is great don't get me wrong.
But radioactive has the bills, and traded his two best offensive players taking a huge risk, but he knew what he was doing for sure, yes time will tell and one game does'nt mean everything, but the question was who I felt made the best trades, so the Lions and Bills are my answer, because they have to get every win they can to have a chance at the post-season, and they made moves based on knowledge of their gameplay and division, and are getting pretty a impressive jump to the season.
Also that Lee Evans point is a great one, +3 power means everything to a deep WR like him, and he got Williams off of me because he wanted a good receiving RB with speed and elusiveness, and with his 100+ yds receiving with Williams, and my 77yds rushing with Lynch I would say he did exactly what he wanted.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:00 pm

AftershockFx wrote:
Radi0ActivWaste wrote:

Honestly I think the Jason Peters for Joe Flacco trade was the worst one in the league. If you were looking for a cannon arm would you have sent me Jason Peters for Byron Leftwich ? If so I'd call that terrible judgment. Losman and Edwards aren't nearly as bad as you made them out to be. Like any player in Madden you just have to play to their strengths and weaknesses. Personally if I was running the Bills I wouldn't have delt Jason Peters.
I played radioactive more than anyone else I've played against, and he had alot of trouble getting his offense going with Losman, Edwards and Lynch, and in his first game with his new and improved team he beat an exellent SEA defense, just look at their D, and he won by alot and had an exellent game with Flacco and Williams, and I guarantee you he would not have had that many receiving yds with Lynch or passing yards with Losman, everybody needs to give him his much due respect, overall rating means nothing if you can get the job done anyways.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:01 pm

I think the worst trade was getting rid of Brandon Jacobs for Selvin Young. Backs like Young are a dime a dozen, Jacobs can be a beast if played right. I almost had him for Dominic Rhodes! Not to pick on the Giants owner, same as trading Lynch for Williams, I understand it is all about play style.

AftershockFx wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So which owner made the best trade moves so far?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next