Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So which owner made the best trade moves so far?

Go down 
+4
Radi0ActivWaste
x Ricky87 x
xKillmatic
Juice Malone
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:02 pm

xKillmatic wrote:
I played radioactive more than anyone else I've played against, and he had alot of trouble getting his offense going with Losman, Edwards and Lynch, and in his first game with his new and improved team he beat an exellent SEA defense, just look at their D, and he won by alot and had an exellent game with Flacco and Williams, and I guarantee you he would not have had that many receiving yds with Lynch or passing yards with Losman, everybody needs to give him his much due respect, [overall rating means nothing if you can get the job done anyways.

Seems like people tend to forget this sometimes.

Last edited by PaulZweber on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:04 pm

I am not making fun of anyones trades at all, I am just simply saying I believe it was a bad trade myself. I do understand why he would trade Lynch for Williams I could not gain any yards with Barber or break tackles yet with Felix Jones I could break tackles and get a lot of yards and he's excellent for my pass game as well. I was just simply saying I thought the LT for Flacco trade was very bad in my personal opinion and was surprised that a trade like that was able to get through.

It could be a very good trade for everyone that makes trades you guys are the ones that play with your teams and know what you guys need. Everyone is just giving their opinion no need for anyone to get upset about anything but it is nice to see everyones different opinions about trades in this league it's fun to read and discuss.
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:21 pm

PaulZweber wrote:
I think the worst trade was getting rid of Brandon Jacobs for Selvin Young. Backs like Young are a dime a dozen, Jacobs can be a beast if played right. I almost had him for Dominic Rhodes! Not to pick on the Giants owner, same as trading Lynch for Williams, I understand it is all about play style.

Im not sure about this one really.

If he learned to use Jacobs he could have become a beast, but Selvin Young can do a little bit of everything. He can catch out of the backfield, he can truck or stiff arm DBs, and he can juke the hell out of LBs. On the other hand though Ahmad Bradshaw is very similar to Selvin Young (only difference is that he cant catch as well and his elusive moves, power moves, and stiff arming is all the same pretty much. More balance.), so in theory he could have used Bradshaw as his feature back and made Jacobs into the baddest 3rd down back around or he could of traded Jacobs for an LB since his LB core is pretty weak. His linebacking core is the reason that Portis ran for 150 yds against Venom in week 1.

So yea i guess I see your point, he pretty much has two slightly different Ahmad Bradshaws.

Last edited by Juice Malone on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:24 pm

TheTrueJ0KER wrote:

It could be a very good trade for everyone that makes trades you guys are the ones that play with your teams and know what you guys need. Everyone is just giving their opinion no need for anyone to get upset about anything but it is nice to see everyones different opinions about trades in this league it's fun to read and discuss.

Yea my intention was to stimulate some conversation it seems nobody talks about the league unless they are posting a game report or trying to make a trade.

I tried to put a trash talking/in depth game discussion thread in Season discussion, but it was deleted. Maybe they will let me put it in General Discussion.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:27 pm

That is exactly what I was thinking, and why I was trying to get him for Rhodes. I agree that Young is better than Bradshaw, but like you said, now he has Ahmad and a slight upgrade from Ahmad. I was hoping to have Addai as my feature back with Jacobs for short yardage.....what might have been Rolling Eyes

But yeah, we are saying the same thing.

Juice Malone wrote:

Im not sure about this one really.

If he learned to use Jacobs he could have become a beast, but Selvin Young can do a little bit of everything. He can catch out of the backfield, he can truck or stiff arm DBs, and he can juke the hell out of LBs. On the other hand though Ahmad Bradshaw is very similar to Selvin Young (only difference is that he can catch as well and his elusive moves, power moves, and stiff arming is all the same pretty much. More balance.), so in theory he could have used Bradshaw as his feature back and made Jacobs into the baddest short yardage back around or he could of traded Jacobs for an LB since his LB core is pretty weak. His linebacking core is the reason that Portis ran for 150 yds against Venom in week 1.

So yea i guess I see your point, he pretty much has two slightly different Ahmad Bradshaws.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:28 pm

Yeah, I can dig that, just to me, trades shouldn't make or break a team, and can't be judged quite yet. I do, however, like that chatting that has been done reguarding the trades.

Juice Malone wrote:
TheTrueJ0KER wrote:

Yea my intention was to stimulate some conversation it seems nobody talks about the league unless they are posting a game report or trying to make a trade.

I tried to put a trash talking/in depth game discussion thread in Season discussion, but it was deleted. Maybe they will let me put it in General Discussion.
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:32 pm

PaulZweber wrote:
That is exactly what I was thinking, and why I was trying to get him for Rhodes. I agree that Young is better than Bradshaw, but like you said, now he has Ahmad and a slight upgrade from Ahmad. I was hoping to have Addai as my feature back with Jacobs for short yardage.....what might have been Rolling Eyes

Damn if you did that your offense might be even scarier than the Cowboys. Your offense would have a star player ready to make a play in every situation possible.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:36 pm

Juice Malone wrote:
TheTrueJ0KER wrote:

I don't think anyone is getting upset, and juice I think this is one of the best topics so far, I'm just hearing alot of doubt about radioactives trades and on paper it's easy to agree, but I think it's the teams that are'nt in the playoff picrure that need to make moves to get wins, and so far so good for the bills and lions, I mean you had 6 sacks with Jason Taylor against an O-line that averages 90+, and Flacco was playing a D that could have a great pass rush, and had little if any sacks without Peters, I'm just objectively saying that Radioactive deserves a round of applause for using his GM knowledge to fit his style and come out with a win against what I feel is a great SEA defense.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:51 pm

That is what I was hoping for, but I wasn't going to overextend myself to get a backup.

Juice Malone wrote:
PaulZweber wrote:

Damn if you did that your offense might be even scarier than the Cowboys. Your offense would have a star player ready to make a play in every situation possible.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:55 pm

I agree with you again. I probably wouldn't have said anything but I played him without Flacco and Williams and beat him by 10, I don't think it was much of a close game though, I was pretty inebriated. Then, after he makes the trades, I watch him play my roomate, the Seahawks, and destroy them. The impressive part, I think Seattle has the best linebackers in the NFL, and he was attacking right at them with success. The fact that Williams had over 100 yards on around 10 catches means he was outplaying the Hawks LB group.

For the record, I am not upset or angry, or trying to offend, anger, or uspet anyone else.

xKillmatic wrote:
I don't think anyone is getting upset, and juice I think this is one of the best topics so far, I'm just hearing alot of doubt about radioactives trades and on paper it's easy to agree, but I think it's the teams that are'nt in the playoff picrure that need to make moves to get wins, and so far so good for the bills and lions, I mean you had 6 sacks with Jason Taylor against an O-line that averages 90+, and Flacco was playing a D that could have a great pass rush, and had little if any sacks without Peters, I'm just objectively saying that Radioactive deserves a round of applause for using his GM knowledge to fit his style and come out with a win against what I feel is a great SEA defense.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:20 pm

I can see it both ways, but in the end I think RadioActiv did the right thing for his team. I mean, when I got the Lions I was coming off a history of only using faster QB's, but I had to go with the hand I was dealt, and when I changed my style to a pocket passer I actually got a lot better, but that's Kitna and he was stuck with Losman and Edwards. Flacco, to me, is similar to Ben Roethlisberger and plays about 10 points better than his overall rating if you use him right. On the flip side I was a bit curious at how he would be able to use Flacco without the best pass-blocker in the game. I also didn't know if DeAngelo Williams would pay the price as well, but I played RadioActiv and his game definitely required a rocket arm. He finished our game with 12 picks, and just about everyone came from deep bombs thrown about 10 yards short, so Flacco will change that entirely. The only thing that might happen is he may throw a few bombs that are too far right, or left, but he had a definite agenda when he made the trade, none the less.
On a side note, I think the people who did the worst trading in this league, are the ones who did't think they needed to improve. I've noticed that alot of people have been able to improve in some way because the person they are trading with wants a particular attribute; Speed, Strength, Size, etc. This would leave alot of teams with alot of chances to replace a good backup for a quality starter. I'm not trying to call names, this is just my opinion, but the Cardinals still have 2 QB's 85+, the Packers still have 3 DE's 87+ (though he may be putting Cullen Jenkins at DT), the Vikings have 2 FS's 88+ (which it just dawned on me that he should have tried to trade Madieu Williams for Jason Campbell, because Sharper makes a 95 if you move him to FS), the Buccaneers still have 3 RB's 84+, and the Chiefs have LOLB Demorrio Williams (84) backing up Derrick Johnson (NPYYZ, if you are reading this I will trade you Mike Furrey for him). I'm only mentioning names, because these are all teams that I think would have benefited from trading.
No doubt it's fun to have discussions about our opinions, because I have alot of fun looking at who's doing what, and what I would do if I was them. Especially when the end of the season draws near, and some of the MVP candidates will probably be new faces, and some of the lesser teams will be trade mistakes. I am kind of limited, as far as exciting players I could trade, so Marion Barber was a very exciting trade for me. The way I went in to the season was that I was going to try and undo some of the problems destroying the Lions, so I decided that if I could get one of the 5 backs in the league, I was going to do it. Maybe in a one-on-one match-up with TrueJoker, I might get burnt by the trade, but against the other 31 teams I would stand a better chance. Also, TrueJoker had a ton of targets to begin with, so I don't think he ever saw Marion "The Barbarian" as a center-peice to his passing game. For me he is the difference maker. I can use him as well as any back in the league as a reciever, because when I get him the ball in the flats I can bowl over DB's 3 at a time. Especially when my o-line breaks down, which happens regularly. I have also been able to use Shaun McDonald as a perfect starter. I can use him on all sorts of hook and curl routes, and he is dangerously elusive, so first downs are common. I just hope I can hold up against the Packers D this tuesday, but if I win I can gaurantee Marion Barber will be a huge reason why. If not than expect Calvin Johnson to do some damage!.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:35 pm

Trades mean nothing, once I win the Super Bowl this season then come back next season as the Lions (hopefully) and go back to back Super Bowls with a great team and a shit team you will all worship the True Joker

lol!

I seriously don't think a team or players make a huge impact on the game compared to if you can read a defense or what an offense likes to do to have the right people on the field. However I will say this having a great team helps you out when you do make a mistake, but if you can read defenses in this game I believe you can put up 50+ pts with any team.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:38 pm

I consider myself decent at reading the d, but I can not for the life of me put up 50. That is the number one thing I have been working on throughout preseason though, and my improvement from first week to now gives me some hope.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:53 pm

I do think that playcalling is very important, as is reading different defences, but I still think that being one of the top teams gaurantees you a playoff spot. Its so much easier when you have QB's like Roethlisberger, Romo, and Brady to throw the ball around. When you are a lesser team you only hope your QB can have a single attribute as good as those guys.

Last edited by x Ricky87 x on Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:57 pm

I thought so too, then I lost my first preseason game 24-7 to the Falcons. If you can not take advantage of mismatches and players out of positions then you are not going to win often.

x Ricky87 x wrote:
I do think that playcalling is very important, as is reading different defences, but I still think that being on of the top teams gaurantees you a playoff spot. Its so much easier when you have QB's like Roethlisberger, Romo, and Brady to throw the ball around. When you are a lesser team you only hope your QB can have a single attribute as good as those guys.
Back to top Go down
Radi0ActivWaste

Radi0ActivWaste

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 6:16 pm

to me i think i made a good trade because i could have a fuckin punter as my QB and go up against fuckin brady and manning combined and beat him by 40 so overall or play as last years dolphins and go up against the 49ers of the joe montana era and still win so ranking doesnt matter. and tradeing peters wasnt bad for me because the rest of my o line is from 88-93 overall and ill be fine with that. and having flacco 97 thp to losmans 94 makes a difference because if i used flacco to throw long to evans he would throw further and evans would outrun the cb and catch the ball but if i used losman it would get intercepted. and williams again i like using him more than lynch. so once again OVERALL RANKING DOESNT MATTER.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 6:26 pm

PaulZweber wrote:
I thought so too, then I lost my first preseason game 24-7 to the Falcons. If you can not take advantage of mismatches and players out of positions then you are not going to win often.

x Ricky87 x wrote:
I do think that playcalling is very important, as is reading different defences, but I still think that being on of the top teams gaurantees you a playoff spot. Its so much easier when you have QB's like Roethlisberger, Romo, and Brady to throw the ball around. When you are a lesser team you only hope your QB can have a single attribute as good as those guys.
True, but their are a lot more mismatches to account for when your going up against a power-house team. My offense is usually reduced to how well I throw to Calvin, and how well I use Marion, and I am just plain screwed if Kitna decides to hit the bottle before the game. That's not including the fact that I have one of the worst defences in the NFL. Luckily, I think I do a pretty good job being Ernie Sims, so I can pretty much stop anyone from running on me, but I can't ever fully stop a team from passing on me, even when I fit Sims into my Dime, and Dollar, defences. A good Pass-Rush is vital in Madden 09 and my DE's are pretty weak. My o-line gets destroyed by the weakest of rushers, and I am always forced to think fast. If I make the playoffs, it will be nothing short of a miracle. The only way I make the playoffs, in my opinion, is if I win my division, and I am unquestionably the worst team in my division. Don't get me wrong, though, I love the challenge, and I will play hard from beginning to end!.

Last edited by x Ricky87 x on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 6:30 pm

I can't disagree with anything you said there.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:19 pm

I just got the green light from the admin of my WR DJ Hackett for his DE Kyle Vanden Bosch making my 2 trades
RB Deangello Williams - RB Marshawn Lynch
WR DJ Hackett - DE Kyle Vanden Bosch
so I didn'nt really go down at any position, and I went up tremendously in my opinion, I'll just move Muhsin to my #2 WR spot and Dwayne Jarrett to #3, which is pretty good seeing Jarrett can catch well and is worthy of my #3 spot anyways.
And seeing I lost in a "nail biter" to the Chargers, I figure I can really make a run for wild card or take my division. I'm not trying to sound arrogant but I feel that my team has gotten better, and I can play well enough to win.
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:18 pm

xKillmatic wrote:
I just got the green light from the admin of my WR DJ Hackett for his DE Kyle Vanden Bosch making my 2 trades
so I didn'nt really go down at any position, and I went up tremendously in my opinion, I'll just move Muhsin to my #2 WR spot and Dwayne Jarrett to #3, which is pretty good seeing Jarrett can catch well and is worthy of my #3 spot anyways.
And seeing I lost in a "nail biter" to the Chargers, I figure I can really make a run for wild card or take my division. I'm not trying to sound arrogant but I feel that my team has gotten better, and I can play well enough to win.

Mushin Muhammed is way underrated. Hes slow as dirt, but he can break and avoid tackles pretty well. He can catch with the best of them too. A great option on 3rd down.

I doubt youll miss Hackett since your offense will mostly center around Marshawn Lynch feasting on the soul's of opposing players and Steve Smith burning anyone who tries to cover him 1 on 1.
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:24 pm

Man I hope we have a second season cause i can really make some moves with the Bucs if i get them.

Trade one of my 3 80+ Rbs and Jeff Garcia for a WR and a CB and I have a scary team.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:21 pm

Juice Malone wrote:
xKillmatic wrote:

Mushin Muhammed is way underrated. Hes slow as dirt, but he can break and avoid tackles pretty well. He can catch with the best of them too. A great option on 3rd down.

I doubt youll miss Hackett since your offense will mostly center around Marshawn Lynch feasting on the soul's of opposing players and Steve Smith burning anyone who tries to cover him 1 on 1.
that's what I thought, Hackett's rated better but I've had way more plays with Muhammed, and I think that Jarrett's a solid #3 WR, now I have Peppers and Vanden Bosch on my D-line.
I love the trades I've received and I really hope to shake up the NFC this season, my offense is really good, I still have Stewart as my backup to Lynch, and I put up 150+yds on 7 rec for 1TD with Steve Smith in week 1, so I think I've figured out how to utilize him.
Other than my starting LOLB becoming a backup from his stats regressing in the roster update, my D has improved too, the Vanden Bosch Peppers tandem should really solitify my D-line, and with my good DB's and a good pass-rush I hope to get some turnovers.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:40 pm

x Ricky87 x wrote:
I do think that playcalling is very important, as is reading different defences, but I still think that being one of the top teams gaurantees you a playoff spot. Its so much easier when you have QB's like Roethlisberger, Romo, and Brady to throw the ball around. When you are a lesser team you only hope your QB can have a single attribute as good as those guys.

I couldnt disagree more with you on that, I have played with everyteam in the game online either against Aftershock or other guys and I really dont notice a huge difference in QB's, there is however a difference when you have T.O. one on one with a saftey and you lob it up however I have also thrown INT's doing that. I believe this game is all about reading defenses no matter who you have throwing, if you can read a defense just about every play then you can win with any team against any team. This is all just opinion but it's what I truly believe.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:59 pm

How can you say there is no difference when you have made trades based on player preference?. I don't mean that rudely, but damn if us Lions, Texans, Falcons, and Bills of the world can't get a little credit. I mean, I'm already practicing against the Packers D, who I play tuesday, and I've realized I'll have to play completely different from how I played against the Falcons. For starters, no weak-iso left; not with A.J. Hawk there. Also, no play action stuff, I won't have the time. Everything changes!.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:01 pm

TheTrueJ0KER wrote:
x Ricky87 x wrote:

I couldnt disagree more with you on that, I have played with everyteam in the game online either against Aftershock or other guys and I really dont notice a huge difference in QB's, there is however a difference when you have T.O. one on one with a saftey and you lob it up however I have also thrown INT's doing that. I believe this game is all about reading defenses no matter who you have throwing, if you can read a defense just about every play then you can win with any team against any team. This is all just opinion but it's what I truly believe.
I have Jake Dellhome thp 88 and even when I stand still in the pocket I have way underthrown balls, I've played 1 game where I was'nt the Panthers and it was like I was throwing a helium ball, I agree even the best teams need skill to win, but I know for a fact that higher rated players make bigger better plays, if I had Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, or Romo my passing game would be much better.
If the Lions make the playoffs it's amazing, if the Cowboys, Patriots, Colts etc. don't than it's a dissapointment right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So which owner made the best trade moves so far?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next