Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So which owner made the best trade moves so far?

Go down 
+4
Radi0ActivWaste
x Ricky87 x
xKillmatic
Juice Malone
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:10 pm

Also, the best teams have the best players, which they can trade to get a team that perfectly represents their style of play. If nothing else, the teams with better lines, both offensively and defensively, will always do better. TripleXposed has the worst o-line in Madden, and even though he was a great player, there was nothing he could do to get yards with Michael Turner. Luckily, he's good at passing quickly, but when he faces a better d-line than mine, he will have to make his throws even faster!.

Last edited by x Ricky87 x on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:05 am

I never said i'm not giving you guys credit, I'm just saying reading defense's is everything in this game. I give anyone credit with any team they win with. Why would I be shocked if Lions, Texans make playoffs the Lions have a great offense, I know their defense is weak but your offense is stacked, also the Texans I believe are a great team they have a hell of a passing offense (weak running) and a great front 7 on defense. I just played Paulz with Dolphins he was ATL and I barley won I used Pennington who went 15 for 20 with 3 INTS and those INTs were because of his defense and me misreading them which was bad read by me but also great Defense by PaulZ. Dont get me wrong I do believe the great teams in the game do have it a bit easier however if your not a good madden player your not going to make the playoffs when you play a better player. How is it a QB's fault if you throw it into double/triple coverage and it gets picked off? I do understand sometimes QB's throw floaters and awful throws but I have done that several times with Romo as well and the best game I have had on Xbox LIve has been with Kitna going 19 for 23 for 5 TD's over 400 yards passing against the Steelers defense.

Anyone that makes the playoffs I give htem credit no matter what team they use, I just think people get caught up in the ratings to much and use that as an excuse why they lose to them (not saying anyone here, just saying in general I have said that before due to frustration) I have played games where I was the Colts and went against the Raiders and got smoked stats are just 1 aspect of the game, they may give you a small edge but I dont see how people say it gives you a huge edge
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:18 am

TheTrueJ0KER wrote:
I never said i'm not giving you guys credit, I'm just saying reading defense's is everything in this game. I give anyone credit with any team they win with. Why would I be shocked if Lions, Texans make playoffs the Lions have a great offense, I know their defense is weak but your offense is stacked, also the Texans I believe are a great team they have a hell of a passing offense (weak running) and a great front 7 on defense. I just played Paulz with Dolphins he was ATL and I barley won I used Pennington who went 15 for 20 with 3 INTS and those INTs were because of his defense and me misreading them which was bad read by me but also great Defense by PaulZ. Dont get me wrong I do believe the great teams in the game do have it a bit easier however if your not a good madden player your not going to make the playoffs when you play a better player. How is it a QB's fault if you throw it into double/triple coverage and it gets picked off? I do understand sometimes QB's throw floaters and awful throws but I have done that several times with Romo as well and the best game I have had on Xbox LIve has been with Kitna going 19 for 23 for 5 TD's over 400 yards passing against the Steelers defense.

Anyone that makes the playoffs I give htem credit no matter what team they use, I just think people get caught up in the ratings to much and use that as an excuse why they lose to them (not saying anyone here, just saying in general I have said that before due to frustration) I have played games where I was the Colts and went against the Raiders and got smoked stats are just 1 aspect of the game, they may give you a small edge but I dont see how people say it gives you a huge edge

That's pretty much it right there. Of course there are those factors none of us can control like dropping back 20 yards and lobbing it hoping for the best ... If you play fundamentally sound defense and you can move the ball effectively on offense you'll do very well regardless of what team you have. It's all about being able to read defenses.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:21 am

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree that most picks are thrown, because of poor judgement. I just think I could win alot more games with a QB like Big Ben, or a defence like the Packers. I do love being the Lions, and I do think I stand a good chance at beating anybody, but they aren't exactly the most user friendly team. I am undefeated in the league with the Lions (4-0), but it has been really tough. I'm stuck making all-stars out of Paris Lennon, and Leigh Bodden.
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:26 am

x Ricky87 x wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I completely agree that most picks are thrown, because of poor judgement. I just think I could win alot more games with a QB like Big Ben, or a defence like the Packers. I do love being the Lions, and I do think I stand a good chance at beating anybody, but they aren't exactly the most user friendly team. I am undefeated in the league with the Lions (4-0), but it has been really tough. I'm stuck making all-stars out of Paris Lennon, and Leigh Bodden.

The more I play with Big Ben the more I feel like I have Drew Bledsoe Jr. back there. I can't even throw the ball on time with him 3/4 the time because they made his release unrealistically and uncharacteristically slow. You can make stars out of anyone if you use your personal right and make the correct reads on both sides of the ball.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:29 am

I agree the lions defense isnt good, but I also believe that playing zone defense helps bad defenses become decent defenses. But hell I played PaulZ with Falcons defense and they played a great game against me due to him sending blitzes at different times from different positions getting a lot of pressure on me quickly which caused me to make turnovers and they have to be one of the worst defenses in the game. I have played aftershock probably 10 times and our records are 5 and 5 against eachother and he has dominate defenses with just about any team he plays with against any team I play with.

We just agree to disagree on some points but it's cool we dont all think a like, haha
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:05 am

It seems you and Aftershock know defences pretty well. The biggest problem I have defensively is choosing what I want to be doing with Ernie Sims pre-snap. I have to be especially careful with him against the run, because my 4-3 defence has a tendency to look like Dime against the better backs in the NFL, yet I would like to use him more like a SS due to his amazing skillset. It is, because of this, that I have a tough time covering the TE or covering WR's on those immediate curl routes. Any advice?.
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 3:48 am

x Ricky87 x wrote:
It seems you and Aftershock know defences pretty well. The biggest problem I have defensively is choosing what I want to be doing with Ernie Sims pre-snap. I have to be especially careful with him against the run, because my 4-3 defence has a tendency to look like Dime against the better backs in the NFL, yet I would like to use him more like a SS due to his amazing skillset. It is, because of this, that I have a tough time covering the TE or covering WR's on those immediate curl routes. Any advice?.

When I used Ernie Sims on the Lions what I did was put him in a short zone or even a QB Spy because of how the defense AI reacts vs. the offensive AI. The second part of that theory is to make a very wise use of the Pass Commit / Run Commit options. If you mess those up any teams defense will look like the Lions D in a Dime set.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:39 am

I have to agree with Aftershock and Joker, especially after playing Joker last night. Falcon vs Dolphins, you could tell both of us were pretty decent players, we would counter each others plays, it was back and forth. As the Falcons, I had more sacks than any other game, Abraham alone had 4 or 5. The only real difference I noticed was that we couldn't put the ball in the end zone the first half. Second half started and we scored 14 points in 30 seconds. When we were playing smart, not trying to do too much with our quarterbacks, there wasn't much difference between Ryan/Manning and it looked like Pennington/Romo as well. We each only threw around 5 incomplete passes, and 2 or 3 of those were interceptions. As long as you read defenses, and before that, pick plays that keep the defense on their heels, the defense shouldn't know what you are doing on any play, you will be a pretty decent Madden player, no matter the team.

Joker, we should play again, I like using the evenly matched teams against you because : A-if I am worse team you will kill me and B-if you are a worse team and beat me sucks to be me Embarassed

Good game last night, practice up on your smart routes, they are very helpful.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:03 am

Anytime you wanna play and you see me on send me a invite i'm down no matter what game i'm playing. Thanks for telling me about the hot routes I cant believe I owned this game for almost 2 months and didnt know about them haha. Try working on your A button against the pass and tell me if you think it's better.

Ricky you might wanna control Ernie Sims and play 1 on 1 against the TE yourself or play as the LB where the tight end is lined up at. If someone is abusing the TE against me then I'll spotlight him, play with the LB one on one against him and try to jump his route and I play zone defense closed in closer to the line.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:11 am

I am going to practice that tonight, thanks for the tip.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:21 am

I'll be on around 7 pm eastern tonight if you wanna get a game in, I'll be able to play one game because I have a hockey game at 10 o clock tonight.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:35 am

Ok, I ussually get home 4 Pacific, I might go look at a truck after work today, 1970 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 Smile If I look at that I might be home around 5:30 Pacific.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:57 am

everyone is right here, I think you unquestionably need to be good at madden to win. That being said, I've played with both Joker and Aftershockfx and you are both great players, when I lost to you it was because I could have played better, not because you had overall better teams, but I will say that Dellhome's srength unquestionably affects my gameplay.
I threw 4 picks in my season opener and still had a 90+ QB rating, and all 4 picks were the result of poor judgement, but on the flipside my initial play calls were limited due to poor arm strength.
I never complain or make excuses if I lose, I know I can make the playoffs if I play intelligently, and the same goes for taems that are better, I never say they win because they have a better team.
I lost to a very good Chargers team by 1TD, but held their passing game to somewhere around 75yds, My point is just that on one hand Radioactive made bad trades, and on the other Ratings don't matter if you play well, and I find it contradictory.
Football is all skill and taking advantage of oppurinities when they come your way, I think every team has a chance to win the superbowl, but some teams have more tools thus more chances at grabbing those oppurtunities.
If I lose, I have no excuses because I have the skill and players to win, and I feel the same way about the good teams, I'm not making excuses for the future should I lose to a better overall team, but I am just expressing my opinion that not only do better teams have a greater likelyhood of making plays, they also have more depth on their roster to make trades for great players that can fit their style better.
In closing all of you guys with great teams will need to execute to win, and it's no different for the lesser rated teams, I've played joker as the Raiders and Cowboys and he won with both teams, clearly he has the skill to win regardless, Aftershoch won our game because he is a defensive genius and he has a tough schedule that easily compensates for his overall team rating, and I hope to play with paulzweber because I'm sure he is great too.
There are things that inevitably help teams more than skill, but that includes strength of schedule, yeah the Colts, Cowboys, and Steelers are great teams, but the AFC south, NFC east, and PIT's tough schedule even things out.
My point wasn't to make excuses or say you guys have it any easier, but my opinion is simply that stats will affect the outcome of a game, but I totally agree that it's only one aspect of winning, we're all good, and I will play lights out against every team not just the "great" ones, and I hope it gets me wins, but if it does'nt I know somebody earned their win when I did'nt.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:31 pm

The exciting thing about his league is that every team has a chance to win, every week. You are right, I do have quite a few weapons, and potential trade bait. I haven't made any trades yet, mainly because I do not want to be responsible for screwing up my team. I was not a fan of Addai until last week, I almost traded him for Marshawn Lynch, but I have adapted my style to fit the pieces I have. Other people make trades to make the team more to their play style, I have weapons already, I am trying to find the best way to make them work.

Whenever you wanna play, send me a message. And so you guys know, I have roomates and friends/family that ALWAYS stop by, so if I am chatting and stop, it is because its hectic, not because of you guys. That also means, since I have my XBox and Gamertag in my living room, other people play my GT in online games like CoD4 and Halo3. So basically, I am always up for a game of Madden, but sometimes it isn't me online.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:15 pm

PaulZweber wrote:
The exciting thing about his league is that every team has a chance to win, every week. You are right, I do have quite a few weapons, and potential trade bait. I haven't made any trades yet, mainly because I do not want to be responsible for screwing up my team. I was not a fan of Addai until last week, I almost traded him for Marshawn Lynch, but I have adapted my style to fit the pieces I have. Other people make trades to make the team more to their play style, I have weapons already, I am trying to find the best way to make them work.

Whenever you wanna play, send me a message. And so you guys know, I have roomates and friends/family that ALWAYS stop by, so if I am chatting and stop, it is because its hectic, not because of you guys. That also means, since I have my XBox and Gamertag in my living room, other people play my GT in online games like CoD4 and Halo3. So basically, I am always up for a game of Madden, but sometimes it isn't me online.
I had a similair offer, I was about to trade Steve Smith for Brandon Marshall because he fit my style better, but Aftershockfx really gave me good advice during our game, that Smith is can be the best WR if I use him to his style and not Marshall to mine, I took his advice and had a great game with him week 1, it would have been stupid to trade a guy like him because I was'nt good at utilizing him, I have practiced non stop since he gave me that advice and it was the best non-trade ever.
Especially seeing WR was'nt a need for me, so why trade and go down just to use 1 of my trades. And in return I was able to trade WR DJ Hackett for Kyle Vanden Bosch and Deangello Williams for Marshawn Lynch, which are both huge upgrades.
Anyone who wants to play me in madden just send me a friend request at xKillmatic, and paul I will send you a request tonight, because I would love to practice against the Colts.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:32 pm

Sounds good, I want to practice too, I am getting into Madden again, when I first got it I was excited, played it, wanted to burn it, now I am excited again! I would love to play practice games with you guys. Too bad we can't play 2 on 2, my roomate(Seahawks owner) and I vs you and your brother.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:56 pm

PaulZweber wrote:
Sounds good, I want to practice too, I am getting into Madden again, when I first got it I was excited, played it, wanted to burn it, now I am excited again! I would love to play practice games with you guys. Too bad we can't play 2 on 2, my roomate(Seahawks owner) and I vs you and your brother.
That would kick ass, me and my brother use to play against my step brother and his friend in 2K5 and we killed, it's one of the few times we were playing together to help eachother win. I was the QB and RB and he was the loud mouth WR who always wanted the ball. lol!
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:13 pm

We still do it occasionally at my house, 2 on 2. It is fun, it would be nice to have it online though. We love either playing 2 on 2 or having 4 on a team in most sports games I buy. Still haven't purchased NHL 09, I might this weekend. Been playing Skate, Blacksite, and Madden.

xKillmatic wrote:
That would kick ass, me and my brother use to play against my step brother and his friend in 2K5 and we killed, it's one of the few times we were playing together to help eachother win. I was the QB and RB and he was the loud mouth WR who always wanted the ball. lol!
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:55 pm

I'll be on later tonight if either of you guys want to practice. Obviously I need some as well so hopefully we can get something going !
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 4:10 pm

I have to clean my snake tanks out and feed them, but I'll be on after that maybe 9pm est or somewhere around then.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 4:40 pm

You ever pull a Tom Green and fuck with the snakes? Ever eat a mouse?

Road Trip was an awesome movie!
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 4:56 pm

UNLEASH THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURY
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:00 pm

PaulZweber wrote:
You ever pull a Tom Green and fuck with the snakes? Ever eat a mouse?

Road Trip was an awesome movie!
I'm not some rock-n-roll loving snake freak, I've always loved reptiles and none of them eat live mice, they eat frozen-thawed mice that way I don't have to breed mice or watch them die, if you saw them you'd think they were amazing, they're friendly and are'nt used to hunting for food (live mice).
People usually think snakes are weird pets, but if you looked online at corn snakes you might think differently, they are generally small (under 5ft), they're are many different looking kinds, and I've never been bitten by one.
I'm not into snakes for the "scary or tough" factor and feeding them live animals is awful, it makes them more agressive and it's just unfair to watch an animal be constricted to death.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:15 pm

I was more trying to be funny. That is cool that you are into snakes, I never have been. Not scared of them, they just arent that interesting to me. I like my cat. She is loving, plays, and has tags and a bell on her. She sprints through the house occasionally and sounds like a freaking freight train. It is awesome.

That is interesting that you feed them frozen mice. I think I would like feeding live mice, sounds cruel of me. It isnt better for the snake? I always thought it was better because it gives them excersize and they get fresh meat. Pretty cool hobby to have, how big is your tank/shelter?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So which owner made the best trade moves so far?   So which owner made the best trade moves so far? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So which owner made the best trade moves so far?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next