Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quitting League

Go down 
+7
Radi0ActivWaste
xKillmatic
Kolpro
ch46647
TheTrueJ0KER
PaulZweber
BigPoppaPump
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:14 pm

I'm quitting the league. Not for any reason other than personal preference, everyone I played displayed good sportsmanship and I have no complaints. I just no longer feel like playing madden and devoting a time each week to play when I wouldn't even normally play otherwise.

Thanks,

ablueduck (Jacksonville Jaguars)

Last edited by ablueduck on Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:18 pm

Come on dude, its once a week. I understand it is a slight time commitment, but in my opinion it is totally worth it to get a good sim opponent once a week.
Back to top Go down

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:32 pm

It's not really a time thing, I just don't feel like playing madden period.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:56 pm

Fair enough. If you ever feel like a game again send me a invite on live.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:25 pm

I'm sorry but this is getting stupid now we should not go on with this league as of now. Half the games now people wont be able to use their own rosters with trades. I really suggest either restarting this league or please make this league less people and restart. I'm sorry to bring this up but it's just going downhill and I dont think it's gonna stop either.

I think we should look into 20 player league with a Fantasy draft or something that way everyone has a fair chance to win with a good team and it'd be a very fun time.
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:34 pm

What we might start doing is giving people the option of taking on a second team as Paul is doing. If you are one of our owners on here all the time and interested in making this thing work let me know in here if you would be interested in a second team. If we fill the holes of guys who are quitting internally with owners we know are dedicated and will play their games it will be much better. We are not re-starting this league. I do not feel like doing that so it is either this or we can just keep this site open and play each other randomly.

Teams open:

Jaguars
49ers

There are plenty of owners that really enjoy this league and play all there games and have fun with it. Its not about stats, its about having fun. The stats and everything are nice but unfortunately EA has limited what we can do as far as replacing owner and what not so realistically we knew this would happen. We are keeping the Wins and Losses in here and the Division Standings.
Back to top Go down
Kolpro

Kolpro

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:05 pm

I"ll take the Jaguars
Back to top Go down
http://www.kolproduction.net
ch46647

ch46647

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:07 pm

^^^ See thats what Im talking about! cheers Let me check the schedule and make sure they dont play one another and obviously they are in seperate divisions so I will let you know very soon!
Back to top Go down
Kolpro

Kolpro

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:09 pm

Cool
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:10 pm

I agree with Joker on this one, I'll still play my games here but we should atleast start another league, I want to have a good league season. If you or the admin don't want to start another one, then maybe one of us can start one up, and you guys can just be members.
I personally would really like to have a league where everyone sticks it out, if that means that we cut it down to 20 teams so we can ensure good owners, then so be it. But I really want to have a league where trades and stats are official, and counted in every game during the season.
I will still remain commited to TDT, but I would also be willing to have another league that is 100% official, I just feel bad because I know you guys did alot to make this league, and I don't mean to sound ungrateful. Anyone with thoughts or suggestions, please post.
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:14 pm

Kolpro the Bears do play the Jags in week 10 I believe but since they are in opposite Divisions you can have them. What I need you to do is exactly what PaulZweber did. Start a new username for the Jags and use that for the Jags post's and kolpro for your bears post's. PM me with your new username. Also add a Jags avatar to that username. Thanks for doing this buddy your an awesome owner!
Back to top Go down
Kolpro

Kolpro

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:15 pm

Personally I think the only way to make people stick it out faithfully and I hate to say it but you would need to charge a small fee then maybe it"ll work. Just a thought!
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:19 pm

xkillmatic I do not take it personally at all. If you want to start your own league up then that is completely fine. Let me just tell you though this has been a TON of work from the ADMIN and myself not just starting it up, but maintaining it. So if you are willing to do that by all means try and start one. I dont think any of you have any idea how much effort we have put into this and it hasnt been easy but it is working out. We only have a few make-up games to be played and we will be all caught up.

If EA had not taken away the ability to just replace a user in the box then this would not be a problem at all. Unfortunately they did so I dont even think its possible to get a full league in with all the STATS ansd what not. Inevitably someone will drop.

Any takers for the 49ers? They only need one make up game and that is week 1
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:36 pm

I understand it's hard to keep a league going and everything but in my mind we MUST RESTART. What is the big problem restarting this league? do we really want to go another 13 weeks with half the people using their orginial rosters? it's unfair to all of them, we should have a vote for restart, reteam, or same league. I believe that the majority of people want to restart this league it's unfair for half the owners to not get their trades to be used.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:38 pm

I understand, I'm in no way trying to start a league to compete with TDT, nor do I neccessarily want to start one. I am simply wondering if anybody would be able to play in another league, should someone decide to start one. I really have no idea how to even begin, and I completely appreciate all of your hard work to make this league fun. I guess seeing we are trying to stick this out regardless, so I would take the 49'ers, and be 100% dedicated to controlling two teams if that's still an option.
Back to top Go down
BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:40 pm

Kolpro, awesome man! I now play you twice more this season...hopefully they all come down to the end of the game just like the others. Now, someone pick up the 49ers, everyone play your games, and keep this league moving. CH and Admin have put in a lot of work, we appreciate it, and I really want to see this league succeed. We have a dedicated core, if WE double up, this league will be a lot of fun. It is some more work but I am still keeping track of my stats with the Bucs, I am posting them after the game. At least I can compare myself on here to you guys on the box. This league is lemonaid, EA, you gave us a lemon.

*Edit* Killmatic, way to step up, Ricky has dips on the next team Smile
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:44 pm

We are 100% not re-starting this particular league. Xkillmatic I would rather have someone who owns a team in the AFC to take the 49ers. So they are in opposite divisions but I will let you know!
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:45 pm

This is why we just need to restart the league, so everyone can use their team and their trades, so it will keep full stats, and so that we dont have owners conrolling 2 teams at once (which is kinda ridiculous in my mind) is it that hard to just restart the league? Just dont have preseason games.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:21 pm

I'm not in the 49'ers division, and I don't play them at all this season. That's fine if I can't be them, but I don't see why an AFC team would make a difference, an AFC team could have them on the schedule as well. Plus I think I'm one of the more dedicated owners, so you know I'll play sim, play on time, and keep up with all of my league priorities, but it's your call.
Back to top Go down
Radi0ActivWaste

Radi0ActivWaste

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:56 pm

hey ch46647 i can take over the jaguars because i already played them last week and there not on my schedual anymore so if you want ill be glad to take over another team
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:04 am

Guest wrote:
I'm quitting the league. Not for any reason other than personal preference, everyone I played displayed good sportsmanship and I have no complaints. I just no longer feel like playing madden and devoting a time each week to play when I wouldn't even normally play otherwise.

Thanks,

Kind of funny that you can play such a boring game in head coach but, not madden ? I just don't understand that at all. At this point everything is completely off tilt because of teams dropping, users running multiple teams, users quitting or starting shit with each other because they can't handle a loss ect. Like everyone else here I appreciate our admins efforts to make this work but, sometimes you have to go back to the drawing board and see what works best. Personally if I wasn't so busy I'd consider running a second team to help out but, like xKillmatix and Joker I want a solid league with minimal issues. We need to definitly consider a new screening process besides just bringing guys in and out of the league. It's pretty bad when we can't track stats or even use players we've traded for because of EA's screw up-s.

Edit: That now makes 2 games where stats wont be tracked at all which is totally ridiculous. Pittsburgh @ Jacksonville and Pittsburgh @ New England. Sad
Back to top Go down
NPYYZ

NPYYZ

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 7:20 am

I'd be willing to take over the 49ers, one of my other leagues fell apart and I can easily play two game each week. These games are played the same way we played the pre season correct? Unranked 7:00 min quarters, All Pro Difficulty.
Back to top Go down
NPYYZ

NPYYZ

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 7:31 am

AftershockFx wrote:
Guest wrote:

Thanks,

Kind of funny that you can play such a boring game in head coach but, not madden ? I just don't understand that at all. At this point everything is completely off tilt because of teams dropping, users running multiple teams, users quitting or starting shit with each other because they can't handle a loss ect. Like everyone else here I appreciate our admins efforts to make this work but, sometimes you have to go back to the drawing board and see what works best. Personally if I wasn't so busy I'd consider running a second team to help out but, like xKillmatix and Joker I want a solid league with minimal issues. We need to definitly consider a new screening process besides just bringing guys in and out of the league. It's pretty bad when we can't track stats or even use players we've traded for because of EA's screw up-s.

Edit: That now makes 2 games where stats wont be tracked at all which is totally ridiculous. Pittsburgh @ Jacksonville and Pittsburgh @ New England. Sad

It's always hard when you start up or join a league with a bunch of owners you've never played with before. In the 2k over 35 league I am in, which started up back with NFL 2k5 , it took us a good 3 or 4 seasons before we found a good solid group of guys that could make the commitment to play all their games, and stay the whole season even if they were losing. Yeah it sucks that the sats are going to be messed up, personally that is my favorite part of being in leagues , I love checking the stats, but it's not a deal breaker. I say we continue on and finish the season and use this season as a guide to see who is really willing to make the commitment to play all of their games , and stick with it all season. It will be a good measuring tool to see who should be allowed in for Touchdown Tuesdays Season Two.

One of the biggest things we did to keep the league going strong was limit the number of owners, we found 12 to 16 was a solid number ,and we also only play an 8 game season. We found that a lot of people lose interest toward the end of a long season if they are having a losing season, and they just do not finish their games. So we made things smaller and shorter and we have had great sucess.

I hope next year EA makes the online leagues more like 2k's are. So owners that drop can be replaced during the season. I'm going to send a PM to both Ian and Phil suggesting this.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:58 am

yes I agree 12-16 person league is the best and we need to go to that format now. I'm sorry I just dont see a point to go on with this league anymore when 5 teams are gone. A 32 person league would be amazing but the odds of a 32 person league working in any game are probably 10% success. This is the reason I asked if we could just scrap out this season start a new season of 16 teams (maybe a fantasy draft) that way everyones team is almost equal and no one can say well he won cause he had one of the better teams in madden, I just believe at this point with 5 owners gone we should seriously start over. I will probably be here for the long hall but to me this season if we do go all the way to the end is a just a waste of a season and if I do happen to win it all I probably wont be to excited considering what has happened.

It's amazing how everything in the preseason went along amazingly and now the regular season comes and ther
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:58 am

yes I agree 12-16 person league is the best and we need to go to that format now. I'm sorry I just dont see a point to go on with this league anymore when 5 teams are gone. A 32 person league would be amazing but the odds of a 32 person league working in any game are probably 10% success. This is the reason I asked if we could just scrap out this season start a new season of 16 teams (maybe a fantasy draft) that way everyones team is almost equal and no one can say well he won cause he had one of the better teams in madden, I just believe at this point with 5 owners gone we should seriously start over. I will probably be here for the long hall but to me this season if we do go all the way to the end is a just a waste of a season and if I do happen to win it all I probably wont be to excited considering what has happened.

It's amazing how everything in the preseason went along amazingly and now the regular season comes and there is nothing but problems
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quitting League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting League   Quitting League Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quitting League
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next