Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.

Go down 
+6
TheTrueJ0KER
ch46647
PaulZweber
AftershockFx
x Ricky87 x
xKillmatic
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Radi0ActivWaste

Radi0ActivWaste

If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 9:59 am

it was really an amazing game killmatic, he tore me up with Ronnie Brown the whole game and his defense was absolutly crazy in the 1st half holding me to under like 50 total yards. but we played in the rain and thats how i got all those FFs but i managed to turn it around in the 2nd half with plaxico buress coming up with 3 huge long pass plays. and how it ended was good. but rematch anytime killmatic and lets just hope we get some decent weather.
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:06 am

Played a great game against PaulZweber earlier tonight. I found out that you can actually load a team from franchise into an unranked game, so I was able to use Larry Johnson (and without TJ). Weird thing though, Paul told me that on his screen, there were no names under the players/on the back of their jerseys. Also, on the scoreboard for him, it didn't show "Cincinnati" it just showed "Home Team", yet for me it was perfectly normal. So IMO, it's not worth losing all that info just to have your trades in effect. Also, we have the issue of someone possibly cheating and putting an extra player or two on their roster.

But back to the game. Paul probably would have won if it wasn't for a dropped pass inside the 10 yard line by one of his receivers, but I ended up beating him 13-10 (he was using the Rams). Also, inside of 2:00 to go, he was driving and was in the red zone, most likely about to score and take the lead/win, but Steven Jackson ran into a huge pile of O-linemen and D-linemen, fumbled the ball, and one of my guys eventually pounced on it. Great game!
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:55 am

Yeah, hell of a game, was a lot of fun. It is too bad I couldnt see any names or anything, that would have been awesome for the league. Instead of saying "Johnson" or "Ocho Cinco" it say "85" the scoreboard just said HOME, and the anouncers didnt say his players or team names. It would be a great option if you still got all the info, although it didnt affect the outcome of our game at all.
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:26 pm

PaulZweber wrote:
Yeah, hell of a game, was a lot of fun. It is too bad I couldnt see any names or anything, that would have been awesome for the league. Instead of saying "Johnson" or "Ocho Cinco" it say "85" the scoreboard just said HOME, and the anouncers didnt say his players or team names. It would be a great option if you still got all the info, although it didnt affect the outcome of our game at all.
I would think it would have put me at an advantage, because it would be really hard for you to know who had the ball. And what would make it even harder for you is that after the trade, Larry Johnson is #48, not #27, since there is already a 27 on the Bengals.

(strangely enough, in the online league games, LJ still has #27 for me)

(also at the beginning of the game during the team select screen, when Paul came into the match after I'd invited him, i was on the xbox guide and still had my default team selected and hadn't switched to the Bengals, and he saw my favorite team i think. I've been trying to keep it a secret, don't tell paul!) Shocked
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:59 pm

LOL, I didnt see any team that I know of. With your loaded team it just showed a blank screen, no logo.
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:05 pm

PaulZweber wrote:
LOL, I didnt see any team that I know of. With your loaded team it just showed a blank screen, no logo.
No I'm talking about when you first got in there. You know... the Raiders team?
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:13 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot, that is who I was going to pick and I saw you were on them, thats why I chose the Rams. It all makes sense now Smile
Back to top Go down
PaperLantern

PaperLantern

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:16 pm

PaulZweber wrote:
Oh yeah, I forgot, that is who I was going to pick and I saw you were on them, thats why I chose the Rams. It all makes sense now Smile
Haha I'm more of a casual Raider fan. I mean back when Gannon and Tim Brown were with us, I was crazy over the Raiders. It's hard to support them when they're run by such a senile and crazy owner. The day Al Davis dies/retires is the day I'll start to care. Until then, I'll continue to sit through losing season after losing season and not care. I've got my Kansas Jayhawks to keep me happy.

Down with Davis!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5