Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.

Go down 
+6
TheTrueJ0KER
ch46647
PaulZweber
AftershockFx
x Ricky87 x
xKillmatic
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:38 am

x Ricky87 x wrote:
Also, Aftershock, I don't know if you might want to play a game too. My brother said you were real smart with your defences, so I think you would be the perfect person to prepare for my league game against. So far I have what I believe is a great gameplan, but I want to practice it against your range of defenses so that I don't get surprised by anything. Also, if you could maybe help me figure out how to best use my defense, specifically with different zone coverages, I would really appreciate it!.

We can definitly get some games in. I most likely wont be available until Wednesday though because of work though. Hit me up then Smile
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 12:36 pm

x Ricky87 x wrote:
Everyone knows Sweden invaded Switzerland after they found out how good their cheese was. And what kind of trash talk is "I hope your football knowledge surpasses your cultural knowledge". You get an "F", for failure to have a f***ing sense of humor. Just make sure to have a bucket and some tissues handy, because I will run up the score on you, and your stupid Jason "Six Sacks" Taylor!.

Shocked Im shaking
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 1:27 pm

Just so you guys know, I do like having healthy trash talk, but I cannot stand arrogance, so leave that stuff at the door. If you don't have anything to say, except to hang on every post I leave, then don't expect me to retalliate. I'm not saying this, because I'm trying to call anyone out in particular, but I try to only leave humorous posts, and I don't want to get caught being just flat out harrased by someone taking what I say too far. I just want to put that out their, because I don't want to have problems with anyone in the league. I would rather we kept it clean, so that we can all play more games in the future. I can already see that Juice may have a little antagonist in him, which is cool as long as it's fun, but I can see it has already created problems between him and Aftershock, which sucks, because you both do alot to keep up with your posts, and you are some of the more entertaining owners. In the end, I would hope we are all just in this for the fun, and winning is just a prize for playing well!.

PS.: Juice, if your shaking than maybe you should throw on a sweater, because it's only gonna get colder for you!. geek
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 1:36 pm

x Ricky87 x wrote:
Just so you guys know, I do like having healthy trash talk, but I cannot stand arrogance, so leave that stuff at the door. If you don't have anything to say, except to hang on every post I leave, then don't expect me to retalliate. I'm not saying this, because I'm trying to call anyone out in particular, but I try to only leave humorous posts, and I don't want to get caught being just flat out harrased by someone taking what I say too far. I just want to put that out their, because I don't want to have problems with anyone in the league. I would rather we kept it clean, so that we can all play more games in the future. I can already see that Juice may have a little antagonist in him, which is cool as long as it's fun, but I can see it has already created problems between him and Aftershock, which sucks, because you both do alot to keep up with your posts, and you are some of the more entertaining owners. In the end, I would hope we are all just in this for the fun, and winning is just a prize for playing well!.

PS.: Juice, if your shaking than maybe you should throw on a sweater, because it's only gonna get colder for you!. geek

Im only antagonisitc if it makes sense.

I dont think i said anything more than "good job (insert player here)" and PaulZWeber . He seemed too laid back for trash talking. I would have felt funny talking trash while he was being nice. I'm going to make an exception for the wonder twins though.

And i dont know what the weather is like in New Hampshire (probably cold), but down here its all sunshine baby. Go eat some clam chowder or something Laughing maybe you can warm up that way.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:43 pm

It's more like Chowda' here, but that's an unfair stereotype, it's not like we all just eat clam chowder and talk about killing deer and watching the red sox, only 99.9% of us do.
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 4:07 pm

Todd Collins just put away both of the brothers grimm.

first game i won 10-9 against Killmatic. My defense was iron clad. Todd Collins was decent. 1 td 2 int good comp percentage

2nd game Todd Collins took it to Ricky. I warned him before the game, but he doubted Todd Collins beastliness. About 200 yds 1 td huge QB rating. Final score was 24-17. Betts was huge off the bench only about 20 yds 4 yds a carry, but one of em was a 3rd and 8 draw play for a TD and the others were big 3rd down conversions. Portis was ineffective with 2yds a carry. He managed to move the ball alot in the air by throwing to the RB constantly and throwing comeback routes to WRs, but could not run the ball except for some fb dives. I'm pretty sure Lavon Landry ruptured Calvin Johnson's spleen on the last drive. Two huge hits forced two critical drops that lost him the game.

And yes everyone eats clam chowder everyday in New England, i read it in the encyclopedia, im sure of it study Very Happy

You should go eat some it will take the pain away cheers

Good games.

You guys need to tighten up, its a matter of family honor now hehe
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 5:46 pm

I just redeemed myself in another brutal game against Juice Malone, usually we don't have final scores in double digits but the final in this one was 30-29.
He came out on the first drive with some good pass plays, and ended it with a nice long bomb TD to Santana Moss and he ended up with all 3 of Collins' TD receptions.

Both Collins and Dellhome played very well,
Dellhome: 18-23 174yds 1TD-1int
Collins: 128 Qb rtg, 88% cmp, 3TD-1int

but my rushing game sealed it for me,
Deangello Williams: 28car 144yds 1TD
Jonathan Stewart: 9car 48yds
Brad Hoover: 5car 22yds 1TD

It was a great game and I was glad to get such a good rushing attack going with both of my RB's and my FB, Juice is hopeful Collins can be MVP and he has all all his chips in after trading Campbell.
He played outstanding with Moss, and I don't think I've allowed such a good passing game online yet, But Collins MVP is a bit of a stretch (no offense) unless he can play like that more often.
Juice suggested some Clam chowder because I live in NE so I ordered some and microwaved it for like 28min, and I think that's why my rushing game was so HOT, thanks Juice great recommendation!!!
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 11:23 pm

^^^
edited post
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 11:47 pm

I'm telling you Collins is going to be a top QB in this league. It may be a stretch to say he'll be MVP, but its possible. Keep in mind I dont have Cotchery (my number one reciever) when i play you in these games.

His lack of arm strength makes me cautious and I end up making better passes. It was tough at first because Campbell could fire balls into tight spaces and i had difficulty adjusting, but i have the hang of it now. Campbell cant throw corner routes well unless guy is uncovered and is not as accurate on those screen passes (sometimes they have to come back to the ball and lose precious time that they could have used to cut up field). When Santana Moss took those 2 screen passes to the house, he didnt have to do anything except run. No adjustment was needed to catch it and he starts right where the hole is supposed to be, so no searching before you cut upfield.

I have also figured out how to throw long passes with moderate success. Considering that I rarely throw the ball 20 yards in the air, this is good enough. His bullet passes are like medium strength passes for cannon arm QBs and that little touch can make what would be sure picks into perfectly placed balls at times.

Your 200yd rushing performance was amazing considering that I havent giving up 100 yards to anybody in a while. It wasnt even like your play calling had me stumped i would put my strong front 7 in the box and blitz and watch in amazement as they get stone walled. I didnt get to the QB enough either. Yes, I had like 4 sacks, but on every other play i didnt even come close to pressuring you.

Moss was crazy he had at least 125 yds to go along with those 3 tds. Even crazier was the fact that he caught all my passes except for 3 of them which went to other recievers. My passing game was ridiculous in general today. Like I was telling you, Ocho Cinco dropped 127 yds and 4 tds on the Chargers defense before we played, so i was confident.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 2:07 am

Good game today, Juice. I'll give you your well deserved credit, because you beat me fair and square. I do have to say, though, that as I figured out your style a little better in the 2nd half, I managed to move the ball better, which should bode well for me in our next match. You were a great competitor, and I definitely want a rematch. Calvin's still upset about that huge drop on 4th and 23, so expect him to hold on better next time. By the way; Wonder Twins, and Brothers Grimm?. Not cool at all!. Mad
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 11:51 am

x Ricky87 x wrote:
Good game today, Juice. I'll give you your well deserved credit, because you beat me fair and square. I do have to say, though, that as I figured out your style a little better in the 2nd half, I managed to move the ball better, which should bode well for me in our next match. You were a great competitor, and I definitely want a rematch. Calvin's still upset about that huge drop on 4th and 23, so expect him to hold on better next time. By the way; Wonder Twins, and Brothers Grimm?. Not cool at all!. Mad

What you need to do is it get Calvin some tiger balm or icy hot before our next game because at the rate hes going he might not be in Madden 2010 if Landry keeps beating him down like that.

And dont worry I have more nicknames for you two.
Back to top Go down
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:57 pm

GUYS I HAVE DELETED A FEW POSTS IN HERE. I WILL DELETE THIS ENTIRE THREAD IF WE CANT KEEP THIS CIVIL AND NOT MAKE PERSONAL ATTACKS AGAINST OTHER OWNERS. JUST WANTED TO GIVE EVERYONE A HEADS UP. THANKS
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:28 pm

Why was my post deleted for saying "wow you guys should fuck and get it over with?" it was meant as a joke thats why I put the lol thing, I think these post are all in fun and not personal attacks. If someone says something that is a personal attack and the guy gets offended we should only delete the post then but I think for the most part it's all in fun and your kinda making it feel like they are personal attacks when they arent, am I wrong here? we were just joking around right everyone?
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:30 pm

Juice, you can trash talk me all you want, I won't get upset or anything. Ussually I might throw a little trash in with my talk, but I was not feeling like I was playing up to par, I had nothing to be proud of in our games offensively. My Madden play this weekend was not good at all, I threw probably 30 interceptions this weekend alone. Stupid decisions and bad play calling and not leading the reciever correctly really ended up biting me in the ass. I think I am going to pound some Jagerbombs tonight and try to play Juice, that way I will be all jacked up!

Nobody needs to get offended on this board, we are all adults playing a video game, it's all for fun, trash talking included. I thought TheJokers comment was HIlarious, but thats just me.

Anyone who wants to play, let me know. Joker, I didn't get your msg until I signed back on, hit me up again tonight. Anyone else, I look to take out my frustrations on all of you. Screw Jason Taylor, Screw Calvin Johnson, Screw Steve Smith.

Also, if you guys see Kolpro online, he is pretty good. We have played twice, and twice it went into overtime with low scores.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:11 pm

I love watching people trash talk lol!
Back to top Go down
https://touchdowntuesdays.forumotion.net
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:20 pm

PaulZweber wrote:
Juice, you can trash talk me all you want, I won't get upset or anything. Ussually I might throw a little trash in with my talk, but I was not feeling like I was playing up to par, I had nothing to be proud of in our games offensively. My Madden play this weekend was not good at all, I threw probably 30 interceptions this weekend alone. Stupid decisions and bad play calling and not leading the reciever correctly really ended up biting me in the ass. I think I am going to pound some Jagerbombs tonight and try to play Juice, that way I will be all jacked up!

Lets do it, i am looking forward to playing somebody thats hyped up.

Todd Collins greatest hits tour continues.
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:23 pm

ch46647 wrote:
GUYS I HAVE DELETED A FEW POSTS IN HERE. I WILL DELETE THIS ENTIRE THREAD IF WE CANT KEEP THIS CIVIL AND NOT MAKE PERSONAL ATTACKS AGAINST OTHER OWNERS. JUST WANTED TO GIVE EVERYONE A HEADS UP. THANKS

Everything seems civil except for one or two posts. Maybe I missed the other ones before you deleted them.

Doesnt really make sense, you act like this thread was a flame fest. No need to delete the thread. Its probably the best thread on the site.

No offense, but if you are to much of an enforcer this league is not going to end up being very fun. Relax, no one is gonna cry over a video game.

Last edited by Juice Malone on Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:27 pm

After Freeney and Bracket get done with him Collins will be playing second fiddle to COLT Brennen

Juice Malone wrote:

Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:32 pm

PaulZweber wrote:
After Freeney and Bracket get done with him Collins will be playing second fiddle to COLT Brennen

Juice Malone wrote:

I like this new PaulZweber

Ok time to put my money where my mouth is.

I GUARANTEE that if I start Colt Brennan instead of Collins he outplays Peyton "im only good when PaulZweber is not controlling me" Manning.

Deal with that

Last edited by Juice Malone on Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:34 pm

Well I have a quarterback named Collins too, and I'm thinking about using him today and seeing if maybe its something in the name?

who knows scratch
Back to top Go down
https://touchdowntuesdays.forumotion.net
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:35 pm

Admin wrote:
Well I have a quarterback named Collins too, and I'm thinking about using him today and seeing if maybe its something in the name?

who knows scratch

The name is magical, you will surely triumph.
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:38 pm

Admin wrote:

who knows scratch
If Kerry Collins works out for you, than I would trade you almost anyone for Vince Young. Seriously!.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:39 pm

You only guarantee that because you know I am going to pick you 4 times without getting pressure on you, and you will pick me 5 times while hitting Peyton every play. Once I figure out how to rush the QB you know your done. My user picks are LEGENDARY.

Deal with me

Juice Malone wrote:

I GUARANTEE that if I start Colt Brennan instead of Collins he outplays Peyton "im only good when PaulZweber is not controlling me" Manning.

Deal with that
Back to top Go down
Juice Malone

Juice Malone

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:42 pm

PaulZweber wrote:
You only guarantee that because you know I am going to pick you 4 times without getting pressure on you, and you will pick me 5 times while hitting Peyton every play. Once I figure out how to rush the QB you know your done. My user picks are LEGENDARY.

Deal with me

Juice Malone wrote:

Deal with that

I promise to bring extra Tiger Balm and icy hot for Peyton Manning. See? I'm a nice guy.

No way im throwing 4 picks. Colt Brennan is gonna say "Aloha" and shred your undersized D.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:58 pm

Colt Brennan = Timmy Chang, Kevin Kolb, Tim Rattay, Luke McCown, Kliff Kingsbury, or Gino Guidugli.

Todd Collins = Stan Gelbaugh.

Juice Malone wrote:

I promise to bring extra Tiger Balm and icy hot for Peyton Manning. See? I'm a nice guy.

No way im throwing 4 picks. Colt Brennan is gonna say "Aloha" and shred your undersized D.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.   If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you played a fun game against another league member, than post a review here.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next