Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Madden 09's Touchdown Tuesdays

A forum for members of the league Touchdown Tuesdays.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

**DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**

Go down 
+19
MoL2k
Tengo Juego
Radi0ActivWaste
MookieWilson09
Kolpro
NPYYZ
Juice Malone
Admin
XxVenomxX91
nirvanarush2112
PaperLantern
AftershockFx
PaulZweber
llamalord
x Ricky87 x
TheTrueJ0KER
Fumanchoo30
xKillmatic
ch46647
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Tengo Juego

Tengo Juego

**DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:04 pm

Can I just say something without it getting deleted?

How sim is the league with NBA blockbuster deals going down? I'm seeing Ocho Cinco, Roy Williams, Marion Barber, Larry Johnson...

Out of those few players I mention, the only one that makes sense is Chad. Mostly because he has expressed feelings of wanting out of Cincy.

I'm ok with beefing up your O-line, or D-line, or adding a better LB to help out the core, but Big player for big player is too NBA like for me.

I know this is irrelevant to the thread but, this is a SIM league right?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:32 pm

That would be to give people chances of winning and to adapt to their game. A big part of online leagues is trades. And it only allows for 1 on 1 trades. You dont have to do anything buddy.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://touchdowntuesdays.forumotion.net
ch46647

ch46647

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:39 pm

Tengo, we are limited to 1 for 1 trades through the box so obviuosly to get a great player you have to give away a great player. We limited the league to 2 trades per team so that the teams did not change that much. If a few teams want to put up there best reciever etc then that is their choice. I can tell from your earlier posts that you do not like the idea of big name trades but that is peoples choice and it is what it is.

On a side note we are very happy with how this league is shaping up. I think our owners have been excellent and I am very excited to get this Regular Season started.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:44 pm

It is very NBA like but because the game limits it to one-for-one trading and we are limited to two trades by the league this tends too happen. I personally would rather have trades like this going on than unlimited trading or trading for multiple players because rosters would get messed up with not enough people at each position. I can understand where you are coming from though.

Tengo Juego wrote:
Can I just say something without it getting deleted?

How sim is the league with NBA blockbuster deals going down? I'm seeing Ocho Cinco, Roy Williams, Marion Barber, Larry Johnson...

Out of those few players I mention, the only one that makes sense is Chad. Mostly because he has expressed feelings of wanting out of Cincy.

I'm ok with beefing up your O-line, or D-line, or adding a better LB to help out the core, but Big player for big player is too NBA like for me.

I know this is irrelevant to the thread but, this is a SIM league right?
Back to top Go down
Tengo Juego

Tengo Juego

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:47 pm

I guess you guys are right...it is what it is.

But some of the moves aren't very smart. But it isn't my choice so w/e.
Back to top Go down
PaulZweber

PaulZweber

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:52 pm

Matter of opinion and playing style. I don't agree with all the trade offers but I am interested/excited to see what teams can do with their new players against me.

Tengo Juego wrote:
I guess you guys are right...it is what it is.

But some of the moves aren't very smart. But it isn't my choice so w/e.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:03 pm

I know this message is off topic and will probably be deleted, but someone said that me trading Steve Smith for Brandon Marshall was a bad idea but in my 1st game with Marshall on my team I put up 250+ yds and 3td's against my brother.
And he plays D well even though he's the lions, I've played him 10 or more times with Smith and had maybe 2 100yd games (never over 150), some of us don't have a team of pro bowlers and if Marshall fits my style better and will help me win then I have no choice but to make the deal.
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:22 pm

Radi0ActivWaste wrote:
well first im probably going to try and get kurt warner from the cardnals owner and if that doesnt work out then ill do that trade. but just tell me if u want to do the marshawn lynch for clinton portis trade if your other trade doesnt go through.

so cardnals owner nirvanarush2112 do you want to work out a deal for kurt warner or falcons owner do you want to work out a trade for matt ryan

If I were you I'd try and pry Troy Smith or Joe Flacco from the Ravens. You also might be able to work a deal for John Beck. If I have Leftwich come regular season time he'll be on the block so maybe we can work something out.
Back to top Go down
Tengo Juego

Tengo Juego

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:50 pm

xKillmatic wrote:
I know this message is off topic and will probably be deleted, but someone said that me trading Steve Smith for Brandon Marshall was a bad idea but in my 1st game with Marshall on my team I put up 250+ yds and 3td's against my brother.
And he plays D well even though he's the lions, I've played him 10 or more times with Smith and had maybe 2 100yd games (never over 150), some of us don't have a team of pro bowlers and if Marshall fits my style better and will help me win then I have no choice but to make the deal.

Madden favors tall WR's heavily. They seem to catch any ball, with a little guy like Steve Smith, you work him the ball on shorter routes, routes that allow him to get the ball in open space.
Back to top Go down
xKillmatic

xKillmatic

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:11 pm

Tengo Juego wrote:
xKillmatic wrote:

Madden favors tall WR's heavily. They seem to catch any ball, with a little guy like Steve Smith, you work him the ball on shorter routes, routes that allow him to get the ball in open space.
absolutely, thats how I was using smith so I will miss the occasional curl route that he catches the ball, shakes the CB and breaks open for a td.
but with Dellhome having a not so powerful arm any pass under pressure would cause an underthrown ball, and in the middle or outside with short routes under thrown balls have defenders all over it and I've thrown one too many picks.
Also I've had two completely open field drops from him that would have been sure touchdowns, one of them being in a ranked game afer I recovered the OS with 0:10sec left that would have won me the game, so I still kind of have hard feelings.
Back to top Go down
Radi0ActivWaste

Radi0ActivWaste

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:16 pm

ok well ch46647 are you willing to work out a deal for flacco or smith.
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 12:12 am

Anyone will to send any decent Offensive Linemen my way ? I'll consider all offers and even throw in Max Starks with a bag of vanilla waffers !
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 12:16 am

AftershockFx wrote:
Anyone will to send any decent Offensive Linemen my way ? I'll consider all offers and even throw in Max Starks with a bag of vanilla waffers !
Make that Anthony Smith, some fruit roll-ups, and a six pack, and you got yer self a deal!.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 12:50 am

Ricky did we officially trade Barber for Williams? I'm in for sure let me know
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:02 am

TheTrueJ0KER wrote:
Ricky did we officially trade Barber for Williams? I'm in for sure let me know
Book it!. I'm 110% sure, and I love the deal. And as far as Tengo Juego is concerned, I contest this is a sim trade. Just cause it didn't happen in real life, doesn't mean it wouldn't. Remember, both of these players were involved in trade rumors this summer, and the only reason nothing happened, was that neither player was pressing their team against the cap.
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:54 am

x Ricky87 x wrote:
AftershockFx wrote:
Make that Anthony Smith, some fruit roll-ups, and a six pack, and you got yer self a deal!.

Hey no fair. Anthony Smith is a weapon and can't talk shit in this game like in real life (thank god...). Oh and fruit roll-ups suck. I'd need a fruit smoothie of some sorts ...

On a more serious note I really do need help on the line because Justin Hartwig, Chris Kemoautu, Max Starks and Willie Colon are just atrocious.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:14 am

Tengo if you have seen me play with Marion Barber then watch me play with Felix Jones you will see a huge difference, if I cant use Barber in my running game because I can run that much better with Felix Jones why wouldnt I trade Barber for someone that will make my team better when all he will do is sit on the bench anyway? I do understand that there has been a lot of big name trades and yes the 1 for 1 kinda forces our hand in that even though it is a Sim league it's also a game where sometimes you cant use/play good with a great player in this game.
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:27 am

Hey Fumanchoo30, I send you a pretty long and detailed trade offer in your pm. Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
Tengo Juego

Tengo Juego

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:29 am

TheTrueJ0KER wrote:
Tengo if you have seen me play with Marion Barber then watch me play with Felix Jones you will see a huge difference, if I cant use Barber in my running game because I can run that much better with Felix Jones why wouldnt I trade Barber for someone that will make my team better when all he will do is sit on the bench anyway? I do understand that there has been a lot of big name trades and yes the 1 for 1 kinda forces our hand in that even though it is a Sim league it's also a game where sometimes you cant use/play good with a great player in this game.

Yeah I understand. But tbh, the running game blows no matter who you have Laughing
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:33 am

Tengo you are right, but Felix Jones 2.4 yards a carry looks better then Barbers -6.2 yards a carry rabbit
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:40 am

TheTrueJ0KER wrote:
Tengo you are right, but Felix Jones 2.4 yards a carry looks better then Barbers -6.2 yards a carry rabbit

He speaks the truth ! Anyhow have any decent lineman they'll trade me haha ?
Back to top Go down
x Ricky87 x

x Ricky87 x

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:48 am

AftershockFx wrote:
x Ricky87 x wrote:
AftershockFx wrote:

Hey no fair. Anthony Smith is a weapon and can't talk shit in this game like in real life (thank god...). Oh and fruit roll-ups suck. I'd need a fruit smoothie of some sorts ...

On a more serious note I really do need help on the line because Justin Hartwig, Chris Kemoautu, Max Starks and Willie Colon are just atrocious.
I don't know if the Vikings owner is still posting trade offers, but he was willing to trade an O-Lineman +90, for a WR or CB +90. I don't know if CB DeShea Townsend (89) is still on the block, but he may be willing to trade you RT Ryan Cook (87) for him!.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueJ0KER

TheTrueJ0KER

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:52 am

Aftershock you only get 2 trades in this league you still have no chance of making your oline better haha
Back to top Go down
Radi0ActivWaste

Radi0ActivWaste

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:57 am

does anybody want marshawn lynch because i dont like how he plays and i need a better running back. also ill trade lee evans(91)(97 speed)(98 acceleration and agility) for an equal wide reciever with better hands and catching in traffic or any decent cornerback(91 or up)
Back to top Go down
AftershockFx

AftershockFx

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 11:01 am

TheTrueJ0KER wrote:
Aftershock you only get 2 trades in this league you still have no chance of making your oline better haha

Oh it'll happen. It's destiny. And well if I can't get a decent offensive line I'll have a more than legitimate excuse for 11 sacks / game. Maybe next year we can up the trade limit to 5 haha.

Last edited by AftershockFx on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**   **DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE** - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

**DISCUSS ALL TRADE PROPOSALS IN HERE**
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next